Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thread ban on talking about GWS players please- we never get any decent targets from them as they have no salary cap so can always match/beat our offers…

The ones we do get are cooked salary dumps/spuds that they are happy to let go - see O’Rourke, Patton, Scully, Jed Anderson

Anderson netted us a first round pick from the Roos I believe….

I can see Sicily relinquishing the Captaincy on his own terms - on a positive note and it will be the best decision for him and the club. Day/Moore to lead us forward with James playing his best footy.
If that were to happen, I could see it being Moore as captain, Day as vice Captain.
Sis will be like Crawford, our best player that has to be the captain, than relinquishes the captaincy to a transitional captain (Vanderberg for Crawford, Moore for Sicily) until such times that the new generation take over. (Mitchell and Hodge, Day and possibly Weddle) the similarities are there…

If that were to happen, I could see it being Moore as captain, Day as vice Captain.
Sis will be like Crawford, our best player that has to be the captain, than relinquishes the captaincy to a transitional captain (Vanderberg for Crawford, Moore for Sicily) until such times that the new generation take over. (Mitchell and Hodge, Day and possibly Weddle) the similarities are there…
Crawf was captain for 6 years though. Sicily is in his 2nd year and just growing into the role. I think he’s got at least a few more years. He also turns 30 soon, so I’m not sure he’ll have too many playing days once he hands it over, but we’ll see I guess.

Why do you want night games ? So much easier to attend afternoon games with the family.
I have a young family, and whilst I get them to afternoon games as much as I can, I also miss a heap due to birthdays, kids sports, events, etc. Half the time this year I’ve been at some event just standing to the side refreshing my phone every 30 seconds. Plus the late Sunday games are a nightmare with young kids.

Bring on the night games.

I have a young family, and whilst I get them to afternoon games as much as I can, I also miss a heap due to birthdays, kids sports, events, etc. Half the time this year I’ve been at some event just standing to the side refreshing my phone every 30 seconds. Plus the late Sunday games are a nightmare with young kids.

Bring on the night games.
This. And the odd opportunity to get to the footy without the wrangling.

if i had a dollar for every time siren goes to start a quarter and 30 secs later… I need to go to the toilet dad!!

Hoping we are all over the suns for dogs r1 and their norf Pp. having picks 7/11/20 in a deep draft would be a great end to the rebuild even if we give 7 for Bailey smith as we can’t give 11 as its the dogs pick. Smith battle 11/20 would be a great 2024 off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping we are all over the suns for dogs r1 and their norf Pp. having picks 7/11/20 in a deep draft would be a great end to the rebuild even if we give 7 for Bailey smith as we can’t give 11 as its the dogs pick. Smith battle 11/20 would be a great 2024 off season.
What are you giving for the Dogs r1?

We can trade the dogs pick to dogs if we get it from Suns. No restriction.

The Suns can't trade it back to Dogs as it was direct trade. There is restriction on that.

Why do you want night games ? So much easier to attend afternoon games with the family.

Pay Me The Simpsons GIF

Afternoon games are infinitely easier for me but night games mean more FTA viewers in prime time slots which is appealing to sponsors.

Taylor another one to play us off against GWS to get a bigger contract - Whitfield and Coniglio come to mind

Not that it matters to the subject if this thread, but Taylor himself said he took less than what was on the table to stay and also to help keep good players in the team and attract more. Said he was always intending to stay an Giant and it was an easy decision.

Maybe he’s talking shit, but that wasn’t the vibe I got listening to him.

I’m happy to hear that Taylor and McCluggage have recommitted given the dollars/years being thrown around. We have got a large group of young men developing very nicely getting paid peanuts at the moment ……… can’t expect this to continue. If we want to keep them all together signing up players from other clubs on massive contracts is a risk as it could push out good players given cap constraints. We are travelling nicely with our list no need to overpay anyone to bring them onboard.

A top 15 pick is probably overs for Smith really… He’s coming off an ACL and wasn’t really in great form prior to that- also has a history of behavioural issues…

2nd rd pick should be the starting point and work from there - you reckon Geelong would just roll over and cough up their best picks??
Think we need to bargain hard if he nominates us… they’ll have to trade him if he wants out…

its a slow morning, so have had a go at the EOY changes. This is not necessarily my wish list, but purely looking at the list and the fact changes need to be made. We need to remove 7 players and add 5 because we have already added Phillips and Scaife. I believe they have contracts for 2025. I haven't included Butler as he is contracted and injured, but can see him potentially moving on if any interest externally. Bennetts is also another outside the list but do we keep?

Draft picks are estimated based on current/forecast positions and FS/Academy. Finally, it's a hypothetical, so don't get emotional.
OUT:
7 players
Delisted :​
Stephens, Tucker, O’Sullivan
Trade:​
Morrison (north pick 44), Wingard (port pick 66), DGB (WCE pick 39)
Retire:​
Bruest
Picks :​
Pick 9 (hawks) and pick 66 (port) to Dogs for Smith
Pick upgrade:​
pick 39 and 46 out for pick 31 upgrade
pick 44 and 65 for pick 40 upgrade
IN:
Pick 66 (port), pick 44 (north)
Battle (FA), Smith (pick 9 & 66)
pick 30 (pies 2nd rnd), pick 31 (as above). Pick 40 (as above)
Final Result:
Out
in
1​
Stephens​
Battle​
2​
DGB​
Smith​
3​
Bruest​
Pick 30​
4​
Morrison​
Pick 31​
5​
Tucker​
Pick 40​
6​
Osullivan​
Scaife​
7​
Wingard​
Phillips​

How are we getting the GC pick?
Wonder if they’d trade their 3 firsts for our first, pies second and future first.

In: pick 8, 11 and 20
Out: 7, 30 and F1

Ideally they get ahead of the Lombard pick (would be touch and go if we stay in 12th).

We trade 11 for smith. Can use 8 and 20 at the draft or trade for other young players (would love to go hard at Mac Andrew but think its a pipe dream)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back