Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently brisbane are shopping their 1st (pick 6) for points to bid on ashcroft
Yep tigers probably already have a deal worked out they are in pole position. Next year they get players back I don’t see many list holes maybe a run and carry hbf to complement Coleman’s kicking if they trade it for a player like Dan Rioli. Anyway unless they change ladder position we don’t want anything to do with the dreaded pick 6!

I will.

Any dumb arse can see their cliff is here. And their draw only gets harder.
Swans at the SCG this weekend. I'll get the popcorn.
If I’m Chris Scott I’m reminding Baz that Geelong were supposed to fall into the abyss after Ablett, Scarlett, Taylor, Chapman, Johnson, Enright, Mackie etc moved on.

They’ve done it before and, if they can convince players like Smith to join them over us, they’ll do it again.

And if we want to start winning flags again we MUST figure out how to convince some A-graders like Smith to join us over Geelong or Collingwood.

If I’m Chris Scott I’m reminding Baz that Geelong were supposed to fall into the abyss after Ablett, Scarlett, Taylor, Chapman, Johnson, Enright, Mackie etc moved on.

They’ve done it before and, if they can convince players like Smith to join them over us, they’ll do it again.

And if we want to start winning flags again we MUST figure out how to convince some A-graders like Smith to join us over Geelong or Collingwood.

This is very true. We have been talking about the cliff for 10 years but they get the Bowes deal done right in front of everyone else with a finger in the air.

Geelong based on what they have done before are the favourites to land him without a doubt.

This is very true. We have been talking about the cliff for 10 years but they get the Bowes deal done right in front of everyone else with a finger in the air.

Geelong based on what they have done before are the favourites to land him without a doubt.
Pretty easy when they've just won silverware.

Let's see how many Champs retire this year. Their midfield, as it is, is the worst in the comp by a mile. Even Richmond had their way with them.

That's what they will sell .
The actual reality is there list is nowhere as deep as it was then to cope with the stream of players who will go out .
Cameron is a watch too . Is 31 and most likely won't play into his mid 30s.
That's a lot of high end players going .

Our list profile, form/potential and coach are good enough assets . If a player chooses Geelong/Collingwood over us , I think it's a poorly advised choice .

Pretty easy when they've just won silverware.

Let's see how many Champs retire this year. Their midfield, as it is, is the worst in the comp by a mile. Even Richmond had their way with them.

Cats with the land, surf lifestyle, partnership with cotton on and a starting midfield position to offer are the favourites. They get the deals done!!!

Cats with the land, surf lifestyle, partnership with cotton on and a starting midfield position to offer are the favourites. They get the deals done!!!
Good luck to em. They'll be massively on the nose come seasons end.
Rumours Scott will coach Tassie anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He gets literally all those things at Hawthorn. Massive surf aquatic park being being in Dingley right new Hawk headquarters.

The Cotton On sponsorship can continue no matter where he is playing as well.

I'm content if Baz chooses Geelong to get away from the prying eyes of Melbourne media and photographers. He's copped some pretty close attention in his own street which is rough.

If he chooses Geelong for any other reason I think he's pretty stupid though. From an on-field and list demographic perspective we make the most sense for him.

They'll get 15 first rounders.
Like Clarko, I don't reckon he's got a full rebuild at Geelong in him.

A dollop of first rounders isn’t remotely close to a guarantee of success though. Would be a huge test of his coaching legacy.

I think it’s different now. We are a much different club now. Can have all the surf and land deals you want, if you’re under 25 Hawthorn just looks like a fun place to work.
The thing that brings me the most joy watching this team evolve is how much fun they are having, love what you do and never work a day in your life. Sam is building something special in this team, if I can see it no doubt players like Baz can too.
At the start of the year I was thinking how good it would be to land someone like Baz, I’m at the point now where if he doesn’t come that’s fine, we are becoming an attractive proposition, and there will be some who had the chance but will be kicking themselves.
FWIW I think he’s coming home

Anyone watch the midweek tackle tonight.

The Dogs have some huge decisions to make with 6 or 7 key players all out of contract over the next 18 months .

They were suggesting Sam Darcy will need to be paid close to a mill a season at the end of next year.

The priorities would have to be Darcy, JUH and The Bont.

Darcy and JUH could become the best forward combo in the league.

I think it’s different now. We are a much different club now. Can have all the surf and land deals you want, if you’re under 25 Hawthorn just looks like a fun place to work.
The thing that brings me the most joy watching this team evolve is how much fun they are having, love what you do and never work a day in your life. Sam is building something special in this team, if I can see it no doubt players like Baz can too.
At the start of the year I was thinking how good it would be to land someone like Baz, I’m at the point now where if he doesn’t come that’s fine, we are becoming an attractive proposition, and there will be some who had the chance but will be kicking themselves.
FWIW I think he’s coming home

If we salute for a flag in the next 3-5 years, the player I'll feel most chuffed for might just be Karl Amon.

Jumped on board when we weren't a sexy option.

Classic case of 'if you don't love me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best'.
He loved us when others wouldn't.

No one saw Hawkins, Dangerfield, Selwood playing elite footy into their mid 30s. The picked up Stewart and Kelly from no where that land to the league's best forward joining them. It's lightning in a bottle and they got lucky.

Geelongs list profile is trash, they will lose 10 best 22 players in the next 2-3 years.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My missus follows footy but not to the point of being a nerd posting on footy forums.
She asked me the other night during Pies and Dogs game if Bailey Smith still played. (I found it a bit creepy a woman of her age would be asking that for the record)
I told her he’s injured but will be playing for the Hawks next year.
She said “Really? This isn’t like that GWS player I had to hear about years ago is it? I can’t live in a house with an emotional roller coaster like that again.”

I don’t know what she’s talking about I ****ing hate Stephen Coniglio anyway.

My missus follows footy but not to the point of being a nerd posting on footy forums.
She asked me the other night during Pies and Dogs game if Bailey Smith still played. (I found it a bit creepy a woman of her age would be asking that for the record)
I told her he’s injured but will be playing for the Hawks next year.
She said “Really? This isn’t like that GWS player I had to hear about years ago is it? I can’t live in a house with an emotional roller coaster like that again.”

I don’t know what she’s talking about I ****ing hate Stephen Coniglio anyway.
Too funny. My partner doesn't believe any of the rumours I mention anymore for the same reason 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back