Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The 7 figures over six years for Battle is Norths offer. Not sure what we are stumping up for Battle.

Saints posters pretty resigned to the fact he's gone and most feel it's Hawks bound.

North would be negligent to not make a big play for Battle. Hopefully we can offer good terms too and then the choice would be easy for him.

North would be negligent to not make a big play for Battle. Hopefully we can offer good terms too and then the choice would be easy for him.
What do you mean by the "choice would be easy for him".
I feel you have you used the wrong tense.

Assuming everyone fit, which never happens, maybe something like this:

FB: Sicily Frost Impey

HBF: Scrim Battle Weddle

MID: Amon Worpel Smith

HFF: Moore Chol Ginnivan

FF: Watson Lewis Hardwick

FOL: Meek Day Newcombe

Int: Mackenzie Perryman Dear McDonald Dambrosio

Emg: Ward Nash CJ

Breust and Gunston retire despite playing well enough to earn a spot?

Could this actually be the time Breust goes to GWS?

We'd be negligent not to after offering up ridiculous coin for Ben McKay. Battle whilst not being a traditional KPD might actually be better suited anyways. Having Sicily, Scrimshaw, Frost and Battle down back would make us ridiculously versatile.

All four have the ability to play on bigs and smalls and if we were to be playing against a true power forward which outside of guys like Hogan or Hawkins (soon retired), there really isn't many left in today's footy. It's really just your mid sized key forwards like Stringer, Fogarty and H.McKay in which guys like Sicily, Scrimshaw, Frost and Battle should be able to keep honest if we control the middle.

The league is leaning towards athletic forwards like Curnow, the King brothers, Cameron, Naughton etc which is why I think the dynamic type interchangeable backman are the way to go. Also helps that any of those 4 guys above can swing forward if needed too.

Assuming everyone fit, which never happens, maybe something like this:

FB: Sicily Frost Impey

HBF: Scrim Battle Weddle

MID: Amon Worpel Smith

HFF: Moore Chol Ginnivan

FF: Watson Lewis Hardwick

FOL: Meek Day Newcombe

Int: Mackenzie Perryman Dear McDonald Dambrosio

Emg: Ward Nash CJ
Just my opinion but I think the Perryman pursuit only happens if we know we're not getting Baz

Breust and Gunston retire despite playing well enough to earn a spot?

Could this actually be the time Breust goes to GWS?
Realistically I think one of the 2 hang up the boots and the other goes on for leadership purposes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarko pursuit one or both.

Realistically I think one of the 2 hang up the boots and the other goes on for leadership purposes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarko pursuit one or both.
Breust has been pretty adamant in the past that he has rejected offers because it’s important to him to be a one club player. I’d be surprised if he went elsewhere.

Roos certainly need some old hands while the kids develop. Shiels was great for them. Even Howe was okay given he always gave 100% no matter how badly the team went.

Would be great if Breust and Gunston stayed on, but its hard to see how they both fit in the team next year unless they are very much in the player salary cap but have assistant coach roles. That said, we also may get neither of Battle nor Smith. Though the AFL arent likely to step in and meddle with either of those.

Breust has been pretty adamant in the past that he has rejected offers because it’s important to him to be a one club player. I’d be surprised if he went elsewhere.
Correct.

He’ll hang them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct.

He’ll hang them up.

Its very different when the day comes. Hodge wrote a book about his career as a one club player, then a month later was in Brisbane for 2 years and now lives there and may well see his kids come through the Brisbane academy.

If Breust fixes his groin issue and wants to stay on then it will be interesting. If he still cant shake the injury we can assume he wont want to go through another pre-season so will finish.

I'll vomit in my mouth if I ever see him in anything except our colours

Roos certainly need some old hands while the kids develop. Shiels was great for them. Even Howe was okay given he always gave 100% no matter how badly the team went.

Would be great if Breust and Gunston stayed on, but its hard to see how they both fit in the team next year unless they are very much in the player salary cap but have assistant coach roles. That said, we also may get neither of Battle nor Smith. Though the AFL arent likely to step in and meddle with either of those.
Shiels has been a waste of time, take him out Phillips would have played a lot more games

Would we look to trade Serong to Fremantle??
His brother would be happy that they are together and would guarantee Caleb would stay in WA for his whole career maybe we can trade our 1st and Serong for two of the three Fremantle's first rounders they have this year?

Would we look to trade Serong to Fremantle??
His brother would be happy that they are together and would guarantee Caleb would stay in WA for his whole career maybe we can trade our 1st and Serong for two of the three Fremantle's first rounders they have this year?

Freo will not do that deal as much as we would hope.

Freo will work on the come home and play with your brother factor and get him to request a trade and pick him up for a second round pick.

If he can’t get regular game time this year in our backline then you would expect they will try and get him back to WA this year.

Surely we can just front load the crap out of smiths and battles contracts?

1.4mil each the first year

Bombers will have knocked the guts out of Ben McKay contract by the end of next season freeing up substantial cash so we have the ability to do the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back