Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So anyone hearing any rumours? Lol
Why Am I Here Self Help GIF by CBS

I find it odd that people take their disappointment out on ITKs. Blame the weatherperson etc.

I also ponder the conflation of information and source and the reductive anger and distrust directed to same. Information is no longer seen as a communal and societal tool - it’s seen as something that immediately arouses suspicion. It’s kind of depressing actually. All sources are equal and therefore meaningless.

Anyway Go Hawks

Unfortunately that is society. People only want to hear what they want to hear. They don’t listen to what they need to listen to…

It’s why we have so many Karen’s in the world…

ITK’s are only privy to information at the time, information can constantly change.

Unfortunately that is society. People only want to hear what they want to hear. They don’t listen to what they need to listen to…

ITK’s are only privy to information at the time, information can constantly change.
Yep. These days it seems like everyone has there own a agenda and they DGAF about anyone's but their own. It's why you find in specific threads here some posters go backwards and forwards with each other without even considering that the other poster might be right or even a little right.

And right information they have may be wrong anyway.....FAs as a matter of course will be telling everyone they are the preference to drive up price.

Smith may well have a preference but I am almost certain noone outside of his manager and closest family/friends know the actual truth. In the minds of Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood (and maybe others) he is coming to them and ITK's are reporting what they hear from sources in a club.

If I had the choice between Norf and us, I would be taking us!
If I had a choice between putting my nuts in a vice and having someone who hates me giving it a turn every half an hour and the Shinbeggers, I would have to give it some serious thought as to what to do.

If I had a choice between putting my nuts in a vice and having someone who hates me giving it a turn every half an hour and the Shinbeggers, I would have to give it some serious thought as to what to do.

I’m going the Vice. Little snot eaters are over rated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Josh Battle would actually rather stay at that rabble and play ross ball instead of joining us, you've got to question his sanity.

How can you pass up an opportunity to join us the way we are travelling.

I think he is on track to be the best center square midfielder in the comp. When on song, he is unstoppable.

I'd give up our first and future first for him in an instant.

Great player, but not worth it for us IMO.

Day, Newcombe and Weddle will be the best midfield in the comp within 3 years and you heard it here first.

Hawks have serious trade capital this and next post-season. Plenty of guys currently running around BHH who would attract interest from other clubs. We can't fit 6 midfielders and 6 small forwards into our best 23, especially if you get Bailey Smith on a guarantee of midfield prime time.
In addition, really eye-catching performance from Seamus Mitchell at BHH yesterday, I can think of about six clubs who would love to have him.
then we have the problem at the end of 2025 with Chol, Dear, Scaife, Lewis, Ramsden.... can't fit them all into the forward line, and by the end of next year, I'm anticipating all will be quality key forwards.
Interesting trade times ahead.

Hawks have serious trade capital this and next post-season. Plenty of guys currently running around BHH who would attract interest from other clubs. We can't fit 6 midfielders and 6 small forwards into our best 23, especially if you get Bailey Smith on a guarantee of midfield prime time.
In addition, really eye-catching performance from Seamus Mitchell at BHH yesterday, I can think of about six clubs who would love to have him.
then we have the problem at the end of 2025 with Chol, Dear, Scaife, Lewis, Ramsden.... can't fit them all into the forward line, and by the end of next year, I'm anticipating all will be quality key forwards.
I think someone pointed out a while back that we had 10 or more rolling through the midfield in the three-peat years. Second positions are key and could possibly be why some are working on things at Box Hill. I do agree though for the most part, we will/do have assets that are going to worth something, obviously just need to be careful about which assets are moved on. Geelong and GWS have done a very good job at this aspect.

LDU is a good player but I'd only be interested if we felt like Worpel was going to leave. He doesn't have a second position, he's not a good on-field leader and at this stage we'd lose more in cohesiveness than we'd gain by trying to force him in.

Good post. We need to use our capital as incentive for other clubs to trade with us. I don't see any delistings this year because I think every player has trade value. Giving players opportunities at other clubs. The risk is trading out someone who is going to be very good. And we need to look at clubs that we have a good relationship with when it comes to amicable trades. For instance, our relationship with the Bulldogs has been pretty good for a long time now. Other clubs, not so good. We are in a much better position than last year so I think the club should take a hard line with clubs (and players) that want to make like robbers at every turn.

Good post. We need to use our capital as incentive for other clubs to trade with us. I don't see any delistings this year because I think every player has trade value. Giving players opportunities at other clubs. The risk is trading out someone who is going to be very good. And we need to look at clubs that we have a good relationship with when it comes to amicable trades. For instance, our relationship with the Bulldogs has been pretty good for a long time now. Other clubs, not so good. We are in a much better position than last year so I think the club should take a hard line with clubs (and players) that want to make like robbers at every turn.
Cooper Stevens, Clay Tucker, Jack O’Sullivan (unfortunately, I love his game but he can’t stay fit, makes me sad adding his name) is who I think of off the top of my head.

I’m reading lots of claims that we’re into Battle, with no detail. Made me search for where the claim originated, seems to be Ralph which I wouldn’t call solid. Any solid info linking us to him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back