Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the following fringe (or soon to be fringe) players worth as direct draft pick swaps? Or better question what pick would make it worth us considering a trade?

DGB
Sam Frost
Finn MacGinness
Jai Serong
Ned Reeves
C Jiath
Seamus Mitchell
Sam Butler
Josh Ward
Cam McKenzie

DISCLAIMER: I’m not saying we should or will trade them so please no hysteria.

What are the following fringe (or soon to be fringe) players worth as direct draft pick swaps? Or better question what pick would make it worth us considering a trade?

DGB
Sam Frost
Finn MacGinness
Jai Serong
Ned Reeves
C Jiath
Seamus Mitchell
Sam Butler
Josh Ward
Cam McKenzie

I would say something like the below but wouldn’t want to trade a lot of them, especially not Mackenzie

DGB - F4 / no value
Sam Frost - pick 30
Finn MacGinness - pick 27
Jai Serong - pick 35
Ned Reeves - pick 35
C Jiath - pick 27
Seamus Mitchell - pick 40
Sam Butler - F3
Josh Ward - pick 20
Cam McKenzie - pick 14

DGB - Nothing
Sam Frost - Late second round
Finn MacGinness - Pick 40's
Jai Serong - Pick 50's
Ned Reeves - Pick 30-40
C Jiath - Pick 30's
Seamus Mitchell - Pick 50's
Sam Butler - Nothing
Josh Ward - Early second round
Cam McKenzie - Late first.

DGB
Sam Frost
Finn MacGinness
Jai Serong
Ned Reeves
C Jiath
Seamus Mitchell
Sam Butler
Josh Ward
Cam McKenzie

Ward and Mackenzie have the highest ceilings of that lot. Not even tradable for mine. Especially Mackenzie.

Reckon those estimates are pretty close to the mark but Frosty might be worth a little better than a late second, if only because the Swans could see him as an even more crucial addition now. They will believe their window remains open, but given their performance in the GF will be desperate to shore up their KPD stocks. Value is only determined by the need of the buyer I guess so we might squeeze a little more out of them than we could have done last week if we were to do a trade.

Personally I think I'd value Finn ahead of CJ. He doesn't have the same aura as CJ, but I think he is more consistent and more durable.

happy rock GIF by Def Leppard

Reckon those estimates are pretty close to the mark but Frosty might be worth a little better than a late second, if only because the Swans could see him as an even more crucial addition now. They will believe their window remains open, but given their performance in the GF will be desperate to shore up their KPD stocks. Value is only determined by the need of the buyer I guess so we might squeeze a little more out of them than we could have done last week if we were to do a trade.

Personally I think I'd value Finn ahead of CJ. He doesn't have the same aura as CJ, but I think he is more consistent and more durable.
The question was really “what offer would get our list management team engaged and considering a trade?” not “what other clubs would value them out?”. So for example people have valued Seamus Mitchell at 40-50 and I wouldn’t even come close to trading him for that as I feel he has weapons and a huge upside. Personally I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than 20 so it would take a very eager club with a specific need (in this case speed off the back line) to get that done.

This is mine…

DGB - 50
Sam Frost - 30
Finn MacGinness - 30
Jai Serong - 25
Ned Reeves - 30
C Jiath - 15
Seamus Mitchell - 20
Sam Butler - 50
Josh Ward - 25
Cam McKenzie - 10

Disagree, Daniel. Nash is elite by hand and quite effective by foot. He has a very ugly kicking action but you need to pay attention to where the ball goes, not the appearance at the point of departure.

I agree he’s good by hand, that’s why I say he’s an inside midfielder. I pay attention to where the ball goes by foot, it is invariably a sky ball to no one’s advantage.. I genuinely like
What he brings to the team, but he’s not an outside player in a good team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward and Mackenzie have the highest ceilings of that lot. Not even tradable for mine. Especially Mackenzie.
Agreed. It’s a pointless exercise with guys like them because IMO those 2 are like you’ve just bought a new sports car that you’ve only just driven. To another buyer they’re a used car but to us they they’re still a valuable new toy.

Mackenzie is going to be the mid that takes off some of the creative pressure from Day. He’s the guy come the start of next season where everyone goes wow the Hawks have another gem.

The question was really “what offer would get our list management team engaged and considering a trade?” not “what other clubs would value them out?”. So for example people have valued Seamus Mitchell at 40-50 and I wouldn’t even come close to trading him for that as I feel he has weapons and a huge upside. Personally I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than 20 so it would take a very eager club with a specific need (in this case speed off the back line) to get that done.

This is mine…

DGB - 50
Sam Frost - 30
Finn MacGinness - 30
Jai Serong - 25
Ned Reeves - 30
C Jiath - 15
Seamus Mitchell - 20
Sam Butler - 50
Josh Ward - 25
Cam McKenzie - 10
How long till the draft MrPremiership?

whilst every finals team can claim what if's, tbh if we had a fully fit Day and Frost, we would have been playing in a grand final against a team that we have had little trouble with recently. Whatever the result, the game would have been a whole lot better than watching those poseurs and fraudsters from Sydney.

Not sure why Ward and Mackenzie are being mentioned - neither will be traded. Both have excellent ceilings and will be crucial components of our midfield for a very long time. Also, both are viewed incredibly highly by the coaching staff at Hawthorn.

Reckon that we will see Frosty staying at Hawthorn, despite the interest from elsewhere.

Are there fringe players who have interest from other clubs? Absolutely. Players only get one chance at a career that can end in an instant and if they decide to leave for better opportunities or a better pay day that sets up their future, you couldn’t begrudge them of that.

This is mine…

DGB - 50
Sam Frost - 30
Finn MacGinness - 30
Jai Serong - 25
Ned Reeves - 30
C Jiath - 15
Seamus Mitchell - 20
Sam Butler - 50
Josh Ward - 25
Cam McKenzie - 10
Good thought experiment

If I am the list manager for Hawks, then

DGB - 50
Sam Frost - 27
Finn MacGinness - 27
Jai Serong - 23
Ned Reeves - 27
C Jiath - 20
Seamus Mitchell - 25
Sam Butler - 40
Josh Ward - 12
Cam McKenzie - 5
Hustwaite - 20

If another club shows interest, I will start chat with wanting picks a few places above this and then may settle here or few places below based on how trades fall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back