Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be alright. From the injury report:

Midfielder Will Brodie came from the ground with a foot injury early in Peel Thunder’s game at the weekend, he returned for a short time but was later subbed off before halftime.

“He (Brodie) was out running and doing a flush today,” Merriman said.

“The signs are good, and we will see how he is tomorrow at main training but at this stage he will be a test to play.”
might not be a bad idea then

Sorry if you thought I was insulting. It's just that what you are suggesting is silly. Sebit has never been a defender at any level of football. I watched a lot of his games at East Perth and he is an attacking player who can change a game. His nickname with the Royals was The Difference. Fortunately I think our coaches will not be trying to turn an absolute attacking weapon into a defender.
He's always played as a forward is not a great reason to not try him as a back. Jeremy McGovern was always a ruck-forward before he suddenly wasn't when someone decided to try him as a back. Paddy mccartin was a #1 draft pick as a forward that played better football as a back. There's a number of similar stories

He's always played as a forward is not a great reason to not try him as a back. Jeremy McGovern was always a ruck-forward before he suddenly wasn't when someone decided to try him as a back. Paddy mccartin was a #1 draft pick as a forward that played better football as a back. There's a number of similar stories
True, but I’m not sure too many have done it mid season with the team in the top 8 have they? Without having ever played back before?

false alarm
Hmm..

simpsons GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need someone who can get through the paywall

WAFL: Fremantle Dockers pair Cooper Simpson and Tom Emmett to miss Peel Thunder clash with injuries​

Headshot of Jackson Barrett
Jackson BarrettThe West Australian
Fri, 28 June 2024 3:29AM
Comments
Jackson Barrett
Two Fremantle forwards will sit out Peel Thunder’s clash with Subiaco on Saturday with injuries.
Cooper Simpson is battling a hip problem he picked up at training this week and has been pulled out of the meeting with the Lions as a precaution.
Tom Emmett will also miss the game with an infection in his arm.
Fremantle has confirmed to The West Australian the pair are both on track to return for either Peel’s meeting with West Coast next Saturday, or the Dockers’ clash with Richmond later that night if selected.
Simpson, the club’s top pick in last year’s national draft, has played two games for the Dockers this season after debuting as a substitute against the Western Bulldogs.
Emmett played Fremantle’s first 11 games of the season before he was dropped for the round 14 victory over Melbourne in Alice Springs.
The Dockers replaced injured veteran Michael Walters with a midfielder for their home win over Gold Coast at the weekend, rather than calling on a reserve forward.
d2bafe7318c74349e82c46ac7ba247f91030cdb7.jpg
Tom Emmett. 2024 Getty Images
It meant Hayden Young spent more time playing forward and kicked a career-high three goals, while Caleb Serong, Andrew Brayshaw and Jaeger O’Meara all kicked one each.
Defender Brennan Cox has been named at centre half-back for the Thunder and is expected to play more minutes than he did against West Perth in the reserves last week as he eyes a return against the Tigers next week.
Patrick Voss was the travelling emergency for Fremantle — after kicking the match-winner against the Falcons last week — and trained with teammates at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday ahead of their clash with the Swans at the venue.

Serong, but it was a big miscommunication apparently
So you got a text saying Serong, hammy.

Then 5 minutes later a photo of a hamburger?

Sturt was carrying a knee into todays game, played very well through it which he usually doesn't do, pleased with that.

It makes sense why Voss was traveling emergency.

JL asked about Cox in the presser - if he gets through well, is the plan to bring him back next week?
"if we can squeeze him in"

So I expect Cox back for the tigers game

Sturt was carrying a knee into todays game, played very well through it which he usually doesn't do, pleased with that.

It makes sense why Voss was traveling emergency.

JL asked about Cox in the presser - if he gets through well, is the plan to bring him back next week?
"if we can squeeze him in"

So I expect Cox back for the tigers game
Man it'd be great for Sturt if he can have an impact even when he's not 100%, given how often that situation has occurred.
I've been pleasantly surprised he's got back to the level given all the issues again this season.

ROUND 17 INJURY LIST
Michael Walters (hamstring) – test
Nathan O'Driscoll (knee) – test
Sebit Kuek (knee) – test
Max Knobel (calf) – test
Cooper Simpson (hip) – test
Tom Emmett (elbow) – test
Alex Pearce (arm) - 1-2 weeks
Ollie Murphy (abdomen) – 5-7 weeks
Oscar McDonald (knee) - 7-8 weeks
Josh Corbett (hip) - season

Remove this Banner Ad