List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal Twomey saying that he believes Will Hayward will be at either Sydney or Carlton next year

Cal Twomey saying that he believes Will Hayward will be at either Sydney or Carlton next year
He's been wrong before.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mentioned this last year. My view remains. We should chase Dustin Martin.
Hard to say whether he's just not interested because they suck but I certainly wouldn't want this seasons Dusty anywhere near the team.

Hard to say whether he's just not interested because they suck but I certainly wouldn't want this seasons Dusty anywhere near the team.
It's not a question of skill or fitness. It's all about motivation and desire. I'd be willing to bet that a change of scenery would lift his output significantly.

It's not a question of skill or fitness. It's all about motivation and desire. I'd be willing to bet that a change of scenery would lift his output significantly.
I'd be inclined to go the other way. He's won absolutely everything there is to win, he's got nothing left to prove.

Why would he grow a whole lot of hunger to try and win with us?

I don't think Dusty leaves Richmond for another Vic club.

The amount of noise around the Suns for the past 2-3 yrs is loud. Even before Hardwick went there it was being discussed, if he goes anywhere I think it's there.

I'd be inclined to go the other way. He's won absolutely everything there is to win, he's got nothing left to prove.

Why would he grow a whole lot of hunger to try and win with us?
He's 32 - what else is he going to do? Property development? Media? Coaching?
Footy is what he is good at and what he knows. Understand why Gold Coast is attractive for him but it shouldn't stop us from asking the question. Motivation will improve in a winning environment.

Last edited:
i've heard it's both not fit and not interested.

one of the greats of recent times but i wouldn't be chasing him at his age and fitness.

He's 32 - what else is he going to do? Property development? Media? Coaching?
Footy is what he is good at and what he knows. Understand why Gold Coast is attractive for him but it shouldn't stop us from asking the question.
Somewhat, yeah. He owns loads of businesses and is very well set up off the field, as well as being involved in the bolded. He doesn't depend on footy at all. So the old "what else will he do?" question holds no weight for him, he has plenty

I created this depth chart for our list in 2024 and have ranked each player within the different positions with where I think they roughly sit in the pecking order.
1716360043443.png
I have included players in their primary positions but obviously there are players that can be moved around quite easily. I think what it shows is there are a couple of positional needs the club needs to target over the next couple of years:

- Outside Midfielder: Walsh, Cerra, Acres and Docherty are all locks in the 23 in my opinion when fit. Obviously Docherty is also 30. You then look at those below and Hollands/Carroll/Binns have all shown positive signs but I think we need another midfielder or two with a bit of speed and that can hit up targets i50. I think at least one of them should be under the age of 25 again for balance. Lot of scope for one of these potential inclusions to be inserted into the best 23.

- Inside Midfielder: Another clearance winner in the VFL would be very handy - lot being left to Carroll/Binns at the moment. Preferably someone under the age of 25 to help balance out our list age-wise.

- Medium Forward: This is probably more dependent on who is available but I think given Martin and Cuningham are so injury prone and JSOS just did an ACL it could be something we look at whilst Moir develops.

- Tall Forward: Lemmey is obviously developing in the VFL but would love to have another key forward in the VFL - potentially someone a bit more experienced that can just come in for a one- or two-week injury etc.

- Medium Defender: Carroll hasn't played a game yet. Leaves only two realistic options for our team each week post-Newman.

Last edited:

Fair to say he’s struggling playing in such an insipid team. Reckon he’d be amazing playing solely forward alongside our two spearheads and would obviously be more dangerous than Durds, Raz etc.

If he genuinely wants to continue playing I wouldn’t hesitate offering him two years. He’s durable & got at least another good 30-40 games in him.

That said, I’m all chips in Will Hayward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somewhat, yeah. He owns loads of businesses and is very well set up off the field, as well as being involved in the bolded. He doesn't depend on footy at all. So the old "what else will he do?" question holds no weight for him, he has plenty
There’s a difference between owning property/business and being actively involved in operations. Dusty wants to play footy - but is struggling in a terrible team.

Haywards GF is coming in clutch for us.

Now if Yas Duursma could bring Reid home that would be even better!
Would be pretty ecstatic if both boys were in navy blue come 2025 and 2026.

I suppose by the end of 2025 (re Reid) we will have a fair few names off the list and money to spend if our salary cap has been managed well.

I think the one dampener on Motlop is his speed. He doesn't have express pace which can cause havoc and require teams to take more precautions defensively which a lot of the premier small forwards have.

His goal sense and instincts are right up there, but I do feel that lack of speed could limit his ceiling.
I think you're selling him way short.

He's very explosive.

Not his role to run 16km in a game....

Again, leg speed versus quick thinking/footy smarts - the latter wins every day of the week.

This kid has that in spades...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back