List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow it was that bad, and still made a prelim!??!
So by that logic everything is awesome because we made a prelim 🤦‍♂️
There’s a number of factors that make up whole - personally I believe that the stagnant ball movement was a major contributor to a number of issues.
We are allowed to assess what we can improve on - the narrative of just looking at how deep we went doesn’t help to improve us.
We have actively added more pace & creative attack to the list.

There’s a fair rewrite of history going on here.
Was comprehensively beaten in the finals, delivery to him was poor - as was the ball movement into the forward line.
Who would have thunk that slow build up and transition would effect Charlie’s ability to impact 🤦‍♂️
It goes both ways tbh.
There's a negative outlook and there are some seeking to craft an out for him.
Ultimately, most would agree that his output was down & we'd be backing him in to have a stronger showing next time around.

It goes both ways tbh.
There's a negative outlook and there are some seeking to craft an out for him.
Ultimately, most would agree that his output was down & we'd be backing him in to have a stronger showing next time around.
Found the article, it was Daniel Hoyne - supports what Harry and I have been saying.

Hoyne said Champion Data had broken down how effective each forward-50 entry was, and could discard entries where the target has no chance of winning possession.

“He’s been targeted this finals series nine times as a collective, he’s had six of those times where the ball’s gone out on the full or the ball’s come into a contest and all of a sudden two or three defenders come across and kill that contest – only three times has he had a genuine look at it in the finals series.

“It goes along with what Carlton are doing at the moment.”
Hoyne said the other seven teams to have played finals have had one in six inside-50 entries written off as no chance to win possession.
“Carlton are close to one in three,” he said.

In fairness, over the last six-weeks of the season (working from SF back, not PF back) even when Charlie was given a genuine chance to win the contest, only one in four resulted in that target going on the scoreboard. Second lowest in the competition.. I can only postulate that he was injured in that Melbourne game late in the season but how can I know that for sure?

In any case, I'm certainly not trying to craft an out - and I can only presume you're referring to me based on the context of the discussion. I just don't think Charlie succumb to finals pressure, I think it was something more than that.

Kemp could easily be our Cam Raynor, a powerful forward/drifting into the midfield.
Slightly taller, better mark and about 18 months younger
I'd actually flip that on it's head and say that he could be a powerful mid with that burst of speed, who can drift up forward. We've seen how strong he is overhead, so could be a nightmare match up for the opposition when he drifts forward - much like Crippa, but better overhead.

I guess that the dream must be over. Kane Cornes and Tom Morris waxing lyrically about our list on SEN. Tom Morris says that our list is in a perfect position to attack. Kane Cornes says that although it is way to early to nominate an early season pick for premiers but despite that he will go ahead and nominate Carlton as the team he thinks will win the flag.

I guess that the dream must be over. Kane Cornes and Tom Morris waxing lyrically about our list on SEN. Tom Morris says that our list is in a perfect position to attack. Kane Cornes says that although it is way to early to nominate an early season pick for premiers but despite that he will go ahead and nominate Carlton as the team he thinks will win the flag.
giphy.gif

Is Kemp a intercept defender or bust?

He does some great things but seems lost at times as a defender, come the prelim and he wasn’t deemed best 22. Im sure he wasn’t drafted as an intercept defender, but what are the options and are they realistic?

I see Kemp, SOS and Kennedy all considering their futures if they aren’t best 22 by the end of next season.

Kano also said the Filth would not make the 8 this year!

He does some great things but seems lost at times as a defender, come the prelim and he wasn’t deemed best 22. Im sure he wasn’t drafted as an intercept defender, but what are the options and are they realistic?

I see Kemp, SOS and Kennedy all considering their futures if they aren’t best 22 by the end of next season.
IMO It depends on how we opt to structure the side.
He's had to play taller than ideal due to the absence of a second KPD in the side.
It won't happen this offseason but I feel that if we could find a lockdown fb, push Weitering to CHB and play Kemp as the third tall, it'd take our defence to another level.

So by that logic everything is awesome because we made a prelim 🤦‍♂️
There’s a number of factors that make up whole - personally I believe that the stagnant ball movement was a major contributor to a number of issues.
We are allowed to assess what we can improve on - the narrative of just looking at how deep we went doesn’t help to improve us.
We have actively added more pace & creative attack to the list.
No, I didn't say that .I ŵas intimating that we don't need to fix much, as we made a prelim een with the issue you raised.

Sure you can assess what you want.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Lots of IFs obviously but a forward line of Harry, Charlie, Martin, Orazio, Motlop and one of E. Hollands, Durdin, Owies or Cunningham is very very good in my eyes.
I think this is the heart of it for me. At the end of 2022, we seemed to have a shortage of outside run, and we got Acres and O.Hollands, both of whom made a difference.

This year, it was our small/medium forwards that were seen as a thin spot on the list. While the proof will be in the pudding, there are some real option there:
Crumbing, opportunistic small forwards in Motlop, Fantasia and Owies
High half-forwards/forwards-mids in E Hollands, Cuningham, Cotts and Fogarty
Durdin probably fits into either group. Martin plays small and tall.

All can find the goals. All love to chase and tackle. As a group, they seem committed to being the new mosquito squad and having a legacy at Carlton.

That extra depth makes a difference. Suddenly oppo defences have to prioritise who to put their best players on. Inevitably, someone has the opportunity to get off the leash. Intercepting and rebounding is harder because we are making them more accountable due to multiple threats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kano also said the Filth would not make the 8 this year!
Did the filfth make the 8? No idea what happened to other clubs, let alone them.

All i know was 2023 season finished up in Brisbane on 23 September after a bit of roller coaster of a season.

Not sure what happened after that.

Did the filfth make the 8? No idea what happened to other clubs, let alone them.

All i know was 2023 season finished up in Brisbane on 23 September after a bit of roller coaster of a season.

Not sure what happened after that.

Not too sure as well.

I have no memory what happened on the last Saturday in September.

What I do remember is that we made the Prelim.

Like some other supporters I expect I have a mental list of players from each team that I want us to steal (which admittedly takes little account of our actual list requirements).

I've decided I want us to steal Philippou from the saints (I feel dirty even suggesting it). Talk me into/out of it with something other than saints are shit (which is a truth not requiring articulation).

Like some other supporters I expect I have a mental list of players from each team that I want us to steal (which admittedly takes little account of our actual list requirements).

I've decided I want us to steal Philippou from the saints (I feel dirty even suggesting it). Talk me into/out of it with something other than saints are s**t (which is a truth not requiring articulation).
Bit of a big head who's shown a little bit (not too much) who could be o.k. but also could be a bust. Fair chance that he wants to get back to Adelaide at some stage.

Help at all?

Kemp definitely quality. No chance he is a bust.

Has only played 20 odd games. Too many attributes.

Will play 250+ unless injuries succumb.

Kemp definitely quality. No chance he is a bust.

Has only played 20 odd games. Too many attributes.

Will play 250+ unless injuries succumb.
I thought that his body of work during the season would have been enough to keep him in the side so I thought he was unfortunate to miss the preliminary final. Was a very promising junior career struck down by injury and undoubtedly has talent. Feel like he could be redeployed elsewhere in our team to better effect. As someone suggested earlier, maybe he should be the understudy for Crippa with a view to assuming the main gig in time. Has all the attributes. I'd like to see him in a forward role as well. While the selectors seem infatuated with Marchy, I'm not sure where Kempy fits in down back if Weiters and McG are good to go. So maybe a positional change is on the cards.

Reckon Kemp has served his apprenticeship down back.

He’s giving up 10kilos & 6 inches on his opponents.

In the Championships, before the knee injury, he was the ultimate swingman, kicking goals forward & saving games down back.

With those hands against similar sized opponents, he’ll cut ‘em up.

Get him upfield.👍

There’s a fair rewrite of history going on here.
Was comprehensively beaten in the finals, delivery to him was poor - as was the ball movement into the forward line.
Who would have thunk that slow build up and transition would effect Charlie’s ability to impact 🤦‍♂️
Doesn’t make sense what your saying , before the Gold Coast game when we started our tear curnow had already kicked 40 goals that’s half for the year … ball delivery after I assume you contribute to the new style doesn’t equate to all his goals .. I’m a realist 1st finals on decent defenders . They played better that’s it .. he wasn’t tired which was my point and we love to make an excuse … I assume yours is Dow didn’t play new style etc

Doesn’t make sense what your saying , before the Gold Coast game when we started our tear curnow had already kicked 40 goals that’s half for the year … ball delivery after I assume you contribute to the new style doesn’t equate to all his goals .. I’m a realist 1st finals on decent defenders . They played better that’s it .. he wasn’t tired which was my point and we love to make an excuse … I assume yours is Dow didn’t play new style etc
Charlie kicked 15 over 2 of those games (WC & North) & another 10 when we played WC again.
What I was saying is that Charlie played better football when the ball moved quicker into our forward line & he was more dynamic around the ground.
That didn’t happen in the finals, number of factors as to why, but I believe our ball movement was a key one.
What part of that doesn’t make sense?

They played better that’s it .. he wasn’t tired which was my point and we love to make an excuse … I assume yours is Dow didn’t play new style etc
It was injuries in 2022, banged up and cooked in '23...the best 2 performing teams played off in this years Granny, and they deserved it.
We did very well just to get close, don't need to win the flag to consider it a successful and rewarding season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back