List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Binns as good as he’s been in VFL with the disposal numbers his disposal efficiency continues to be a concern and it’s not just Doch but the Campo brothers coming in next year who could overtake him within 12 months too

So it’s not a given that Binns makes it to best 22 for us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I am not convinced Binns, Lemmey or Moir will make it long term. Development can come in a rush but major flaws raise questions. Binns may take another few seasons to bulk up.

Binns- disposal strength?
Lemmey- Aggression?
Moir- Focus, Coasts?

We need a young KPD.

Dogs have 10 players listed as KPP's, what pick/or picks would it take to lure Busslinger to Carlton? (this years 1st. plus??)

Or, is someone like Trainor in this years draft worth Carlton's 2024 and 2025 first picks?(2 x pick 18 hopefully)

Why would Jedd cost a first, let alone a first and extra?

Hes out of contract and hasn’t played a game.

Dunno, I'm just looking for opinions, is he out of contract?
Footywire has him ooc, I’m all for us asking the question if he has been solid at VFL, just questioning your reasoning on cost.

You usually get a discount on first rounders who’ve failed to get a game.

He’s a WA boy if I remember, so there would be stiff competition.

I’d like for us to find a short term better option and draft one hopefully ahead of a campo bid.

Both would change our forward dynamic.

I would personally chose Hayward but understand why you’d choose Zurhaar
Yep Haywood for me as well, he is more consistent. Zurhaar can do some special things but he can muck up a fair bit as well, seen him to many times do something spectacular and then miss an easy goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been thinking on Agresta's interview.

Said something to the effect that their list management strategy changed substantially after about mid year.

You would think that he meant that a bunch of our injury prone players strung together the back end and helped catapult us into finals.

Unless they manage the same feat you would imagine we are back at cutting them.

Out of contract right now:

Cincotta (R)
Mirkov (R)
Marchbank
Lord (R)
Cuningham
Akeui (R)
E. Hollands
O'Keefe (R)
J. Carroll
Martin
Fogarty
M. Carroll (R)
Owies
S. Durdin (R)

Players you would want to retain

Cincotta
E.Hollands
Fogarty
Martin
Owies

Players who are likely to retain

Lord
O'Keefe
J. Carroll
M. Carroll

Players who are probably gone at this point

Mirkov
Marchbank
Cuningham
Akeui
S. Durdin

43 current listed players + Cat B's Akeui and Monahan

1 over the end of season limit.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
J.carrol back to WA might be on the cards for a draft pick for more points for campo twins.

I'd be happy az to snag switkowski out of freo possibly a trade involving J. Carrol or J. Martin. I know I'm repeating myself about J. Carrol but I don't rate him

Bring Josh Rachele home.

He's been pretty poor for a while now...Adelaide supporters sick of his lack of defensive effort and squibbing contests. Not traits Voss would be interested in.

Can see why we are going for Hayward, we need a good, reliable third/small forward. Hayward is kind of both.

Based on today's VFL game we need a mature tall defender, as Young and Marchbank have been in terrible form for quite a while, not to mention the latter's injuries. Haven't seen enough of S Durdin to know if he's good enough but Marchbank has been picked ahead of him even when Weitering misses games...so prob not.

There should be a decent enough backup KPD on a list somewhere we can snag in a cheap trade, with the lure of coming home to VIC/playing for a successful team/being first backup.

He's been pretty poor for a while now...Adelaide supporters sick of his lack of defensive effort and squibbing contests. Not traits Voss would be interested in.

Can see why we are going for Hayward, we need a good, reliable third/small forward. Hayward is kind of both.

Based on today's VFL game we need a mature tall defender, as Young and Marchbank have been in terrible form for quite a while, not to mention the latter's injuries. Haven't seen enough of S Durdin to know if he's good enough but Marchbank has been picked ahead of him even when Weitering misses games...so prob not.

There should be a decent enough backup KPD on a list somewhere we can snag in a cheap trade, with the lure of coming home to VIC/playing for a successful team/being first backup.
Giants Nick Haynes, looking to go for two more years, but behind the younger crop of KPD's. He'd be cheap too, but brings 200 games experience with him

Footywire has him ooc, I’m all for us asking the question if he has been solid at VFL, just questioning your reasoning on cost.

You usually get a discount on first rounders who’ve failed to get a game.

He’s a WA boy if I remember, so there would be stiff competition.

I’d like for us to find a short term better option and draft one hopefully ahead of a campo bid.
Busslinger gives me Denver grainger-barass vibes.
I'd go to the draft and target one of the Whitlock twin towers

I'd be happy az to snag switkowski out of freo possibly a trade involving J. Carrol or J. Martin. I know I'm repeating myself about J. Carrol but I don't rate him
There was a lot of talk on the Freo board early in the year that he's off at the end of the year back to VIC. Here's hoping.

Faster pace, high intensity aggression and tackling in the middle is a need.

A fast paced, athletic CHB is a need. We don't need a 200CM key defender, we need a more mobile type who can take an intercepting mark and reads the game well. Someone like Stephen May would be amazing. Shorter, stronger, smarter end of the key defender spectrum.

Forwards. Smaller pressure forward who is strong bodied, hits hard and kicks goals. A Medium forward who is fast and dangerous at ground level and in the air.

Our closing speed and pressure around the ground is a must fix. We won't see that playing the weaker sides but against some of the better sides, yes it stands out.

Sadly we have a good CHB, Small forward and Medium forward on the list but injuries have stuffed this up for us. So we might have to look for options from other clubs. Get Marchbank, Martin and Motlop fit and we are fine. But that has proven too hard so we probably have to move on. The defensive mids we need aren't on our list. That needs to be addressed to take it up to the really good sides. We have taken Lord in the Mid season draft who is supposed to fit this role but IMO we need to target this area.

If we can't find the players we need of the quality they need to be we will have to keep some of the injury prone ones to just roll the dice again and give them another go. No point delisting Martin or Marchbank and replacing them with no one or someone poor quality.

I think we will find plenty of list spots without targeting a lot of injury prone players. Lemmy, Mirkov, Sam Durdin, Akuei, O'Keefe are your starting points. Cuningham, Marchbank and Martin are ones you look at after that. If we recruit a good tall defender then Young probably goes as well. Get a forward in then we probably try and offload Fantasia and/or Cuningham.

Who we let go depends on who we can get. Martin and Marchbank aren't going to be let go unless there's a good replacement coming in. If we can't get anyone we have to roll the dice and give them another chance.

Busslinger gives me Denver grainger-barass vibes.
I'd go to the draft and target one of the Whitlock twin towers
An 18 year old KPD is going to take 2 to 3 years to be ahead of Gov and Kemp.

A young KPD like Busslinger(out of contract, 2 years of development) would be perfect, probably get him for this years first pick.
Low salary, Young isn't going anywhere soon, if we trade in an established KPD then Gov and Kemp(which is working fine) will be fighting for the same role.
The only certainty is SDurdin and Marchy have to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back