List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think he pushes out a Bailey type into a more genuine HFF role?

Mate if we have a clean bill of health going into rd 0 next year then I have NFI what is going to happen with our squad. We have too many good players god dammit.

Mate if we have a clean bill of health going into rd 0 next year then I have NFI what is going to happen with our squad. We have too many good players god dammit.

Thank God we're grand finalists again and won't have access to high end draftees. We got lucky with Morris, but no way lightning will strike twice.

😎

Thank God we're grand finalists again and won't have access to high end draftees. We got lucky with Morris, but no way lightning will strike twice.

😎

Or three four five times in the next few years even.

I forgot about Lions Legend Hodge growing his family legacy with his favorite club too !

I wonder what the thinking would be with Owies - we have Charlie, Kai and Linc to come back.
According to Scott Gullan on Midweek Tackle, Owies is exploring his options with different clubs.

Matthew Owies has met with Gold Coast & West Coast, among others. HIs meetings with other clubs have not gone anywhere yet, but he's had to explore his options.

Midway through this year part of Daniher’s weekly routine became joining Lester, Zorko, Andrews and Josh Dunkley for a coffee at Total Fusion in Springfield. The conversation started with discussions about whether it might be time to start introducing youth. Then it turned to winning a flag.

I saw this on The Age footy feed I think. Speculating here but suggests senior player led, or at least input, into the change in selection philosophy. Strong leadership shown by the players and a new found flexibility by the coach and match committee.

Man, how do we even go about replacing Joe next year if he does retire?

We're not trading for a player going off the courier mail article. Daniel Lloyd?

We're not trading for a player going off the courier mail article. Daniel Lloyd?
We have shown our forward line works better with a smaller setup it's going to sad to seeing Joey go but I back in our setup to be fine next season if we go smaller

Would need to consider a stop gap for a year. Not great options but players like Sam Day, Taberner etc until we can have a bit more of a crack at someone next year. Obviously none of those options are great.

Said a month or so ago we’d be screwed if our forward line had the same injury run as the back line this year because we really haven’t got anyone capable of coming in and playing a role up there. It’s why Eric continues going out there every week with a busted groin. Deserves credit for doing that for the team, but it also highlights how thin we are there. We know Ryan isn’t the answer either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back to the forward line DARCY GARDINER

Said a month or so ago we’d be screwed if our forward line had the same injury run as the back line this year because we really haven’t got anyone capable of coming in and playing a role up there. It’s why Eric continues going out there every week with a busted groin. Deserves credit for doing that for the team, but it also highlights how thin we are there. We know Ryan isn’t the answer either.
Yeah, Smith is the one we seem to be develop for that FWD/Ruck role that Joe normally plays. Don't have many other experienced forwards

I am a pies supporter but I saw Tom Lynch work past my work in Fortitude Valley a couple of months ago. I thought it was strange and honestly before the Daniher news I thought GCS were more likely. Calling it now, Tom Lynch for all the academy and F/S points you can handle.

We have shown our forward line works better with a smaller setup it's going to sad to seeing Joey go but I back in our setup to be fine next season if we go smaller

Who will take relief ruck? Who is going to pickup the 56 goals he kicked this year?

I love Joe so if he wants to retire that’s all good with me. But it’s going to leave a huge gap that we don’t have a ready made player to replace.

FWIW we obviously need all the points we can get this year but we do have next years first if we need it so we do have that option. Thing is list spots are tight although I guess if Joe leaves it opens up another anyway.

Jon Ralph

Think it would be unlikely Daniher made some emotional post GF retirement announcement. But the Lions have confirmed he has started thinking about what his footy future looks like for him and his family

Sounds more like he's thinking about what post-footy life looks like for him, rather than immediately retiring after the granny.

Wasn’t an extension being discussed for Joe? Now he’s retiring?

Things escalated quickly in the negotiations. Joes counter offer to more years was retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back