List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if I misheard but they did mention Zac Bailey as a surprise player who might be on the move.

IF Joe decides to finish up, we will have very little draft and trade capital to make any significant moves. The club may well just back young Henry smith to step up into the Fwd/ruck role.

I think if Joe retires, we might see Oscar spend a lot more time forward and Fort in the team.

Not sure Smith is ready yet, but perhaps he is after another preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any big forwards free agents in the following season ?
The problem if we can’t find a stopgap for at least next year is it puts an enormous amount of pressure on Eric (coming off the groin injury) and Logan (2nd year player), before even factoring in any injuries they may get during the year. We want another crack at it next year, which we don’t want derailed due to no forward depth.

In a perfect world Joe hangs around for an extra year and then hangs ‘em up. If you believe what’s being reported that seems unlikely now, so I hope the club has a contingency even if it’s just for a year or two and is simply a stop gap.

We don’t have much in terms of draft/ trade capital, but what we do have is the ability to be an easy sell to someone who may be looking at the opportunity to play a role for a team in clear flag contention. They don’t have to be a star, but just someone who can be relied upon to compete each week.

Do we trust Henry and/or Ryan to do that at this stage? I dunno.

The problem if we can’t find a stopgap for at least next year is it puts an enormous amount of pressure on Eric (coming off the groin injury) and Logan (2nd year player), before even factoring in any injuries they may get during the year. We want another crack at it next year, which we don’t want derailed due to no forward depth.

In a perfect world Joe hangs around for an extra year and then hangs ‘em up. If you believe what’s being reported that seems unlikely now, so I hope the club has a contingency even if it’s just for a year or two and is simply a stop gap.

We don’t have much in terms of draft/ trade capital, but what we do have is the ability to be an easy sell to someone who may be looking at the opportunity to play a role for a team in clear flag contention. They don’t have to be a star, but just someone who can be relied upon to compete each week.

Unfortunately Joe might not make a call in time but Elliot Himmelberg could be that stopgap and we should be able to make a more enticing offer than Gold Coast

Which is why he's required to stay and hopefully sees that.

Jack Darling?
😂

Midway through this year part of Daniher’s weekly routine became joining Lester, Zorko, Andrews and Josh Dunkley for a coffee at Total Fusion in Springfield. The conversation started with discussions about whether it might be time to start introducing youth. Then it turned to winning a flag.

I saw this on The Age footy feed I think. Speculating here but suggests senior player led, or at least input, into the change in selection philosophy. Strong leadership shown by the players and a new found flexibility by the coach and match committee.

I read that differently - they were considering whether to write off this year and play the kids in preparation for next season. But they decided not to give up in this year and kept looking at how to improve this year's team.

I read that differently - they were considering whether to write off this year and play the kids in preparation for next season. But they decided not to give up in this year and kept looking at how to improve this year's team.
Zorko said as much in his 3AW interview after the game yesterday:

‘Hard to believe’: Zorko reveals ‘little secret’ that nearly ended flag trio’s career
Speaking to 3AW post-game, the 35-year-old described the plethora of emotions he was feeling after a 10-goal smoking of Sydney on the last Saturday in September.
“I’ll let you in on a little secret,” Zorko begun by saying.
“At Round 12 (when) we had the bye - myself, Joe (Daniher) and Ryan Lester sat down with Harris Andrews and we said: ‘Might be time we start playing the kids, we might have to turn to next year. ‘If that’s the case, it’s been fun.’
“But we came up with a real clear plan that day that we weren’t going to go down that path; there was so much football to go.
“Every week for the last 14 weeks, we’ve caught up as a group - we added Josh Dunkley to that frame… and we just talk through everything every week, we catch up for coffee. We really wanted to make a difference and impact this season.”

I think we would be better off waiting a year, seeing how we compete with a different forward mix and giving Henry a bit of a shot and seeing what happens.

No draft picks to make a trade this year, better to wait another season I think and then go hard at a genuine target in the 2025 offseason.

Obviously I'm hoping Joe goes on for 1 more.

However, father Anthony, who watched on proudly from the stands as Daniher joined uncles Terry and Chris as a premiership player with the Lions’ win, thinks differently.

“He is just in a very happy place at the moment so he will keep going, he’s all right,” the elder Daniher told News Corp.

“He is that happy, it’s not funny… people read into things but that’s OK.

“Joe is Joe and he’s good to write stories about so let it roll. When you win, you let it roll. [His future] will sort itself out so he will just soak this one up.”

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back