List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Kuek, to my knowledge, was told a couple of months ago he wouldn't be getting a new contract.

Tabs had been talking to WAFL clubs about 2025 too.

Makes me think that these four had possibly been told in advance they wouldn't receive offers, and that the others will likely get the news after Peel finish up? Unless they want to have it all announced before the Doig to do a farewell.

Who else are we waiting on? Emmett and NOD (😔) the only ones?
Delistings? I imagine Stanley, Corbett and Emmett the main ones in danger there though I think Emmett will be one we hold off on till trade period done. I imagine we'll hear about the other two shortly.

Knobel, Reidy and Voss also with no official news but no danger of being delisted anytime before end of trade period (mainly talking about Reidy who I think is going to be traded despite that AFL article). The other two they absolutely want to keep

Delistings? I imagine Stanley, Corbett and Emmett the main ones in danger there though I think Emmett will be one we hold off on till trade period done. I imagine we'll hear about the other two shortly.

Knobel, Reidy and Voss also with no official news but no danger of being delisted anytime before end of trade period (mainly talking about Reidy who I think is going to be traded despite that AFL article). The other two they absolutely want to keep
Def feels like a big song and dance over offering Reidy a 1 year contract to maintain a small amount of value

Who else are we waiting on? Emmett and NOD () the only ones?

Quite a lot of players tbh but they don’t always delist everyone they’re going to straight away.

There’s multiple reasons for that including:
  • A slight chance a club might trade for that player. A future 4th rounder is better than nothing.
  • Uncertainty on availability of list spots post trade period.

Wonder if Stanley gets saved by NOD's decision?

Def feels like a big song and dance over offering Reidy a 1 year contract to maintain a small amount of value
It's really only been Beveridge that one time hasnt it? No one else has said anything that's not in some way related to that.

Quite a lot of players tbh but they normally don’t always delist everyone they’re going to straight away.

There’s multiple reasons for that including:
  • A slight chance a club might trade for that player. A future 4th rounder is better than nothing.
  • Uncertainty on availability of list spots post trade period.
If the draft is as deep as everyone says you have to clean out the list of guys that are 99% certain not to make it and roll the dice on new picks in a deep draft. Especially when we have Walls in our corner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brandon Ryan signed a one year extension with Hawks Sept. 2023 and was a Lion 4 weeks later.
Yeah, that was weird.

It's really only been Beveridge that one time hasnt it? No one else has said anything that's not in some way related to that.
I think so. Don’t even think ryno has said anything

I mean Reidy spoke about it in the West the other day
lalala GIF by Offspring on TEN

From 1 week ago:

Speaking after Peel’s 17-point loss, Reidy said he was “happy” to sit behind Darcy and Jackson to wait for his opportunity despite seeing himself as a pure ruckman.
“It’s going to make me a better player and I’m happy to do it,” he said.

“I know there’s good players ahead of me so they’ll make me better. Hopefully, I can make them better and we’ll help take the club in the right direction.

“I will play whatever role the coaches want me to play, I don’t get too much of a say. I see myself and the coaches see myself as a primary ruck, so if I can fill that position that the coaches want me to, I’m happy to do it.”

Reidy said the Dockers and his manager were still working through a contract with reports he was set to sign a one-year extension.

“That hasn’t been done yet. It (leaving) was obviously a thought, but I love it here at Freo,” he said.

“I’m very happy to try to work through a deal for the next few.”

Seems like its not set in stone at all. He is after multiple years by the sounds

Think Voss is fine as depth tbh. Obviously you want another KPF on our list but if it’s a developing kid that’s unlikely to play (Jones) I think that’s okay.

We have more KPDs than just about anyone in the AFL too. It’s not like none of them have played forward in the past, in fact I think Davies and Murphy are the only two that haven’t - add Draper if you’re talking about AFL level. Cox, Pearce and OMac have played AFL games as KPFs before.

From 1 week ago:

Speaking after Peel’s 17-point loss, Reidy said he was “happy” to sit behind Darcy and Jackson to wait for his opportunity despite seeing himself as a pure ruckman.

“I know there’s good players ahead of me so they’ll make me better. Hopefully, I can make them better and we’ll help take the club in the right direction.

“I will play whatever role the coaches want me to play, I don’t get too much of a say. I see myself and the coaches see myself as a primary ruck, so if I can fill that position that the coaches want me to, I’m happy to do it.”

Reidy said the Dockers and his manager were still working through a contract with reports he was set to sign a one-year extension.

“That hasn’t been done yet. It (leaving) was obviously a thought, but I love it here at Freo,” he said.

Seems like its not set in stone at all. He is after multiple years by the sounds
Hmm.

Said all the right things without committing.

If the role the club wants him to play is as steak knives in a Bolton deal?

Thanks for your service Tabs and Hughes but this was to be expected. They were part of some of the darkest days in the clubs history but it was time to move on from that era.

Kuek will forever be a what if, a shame we never got to see him at AFL level.

Expecting more delistings to come. Corbett, Stanley, Knobel, Jones etc. Necessary changes if we are serious about contending next year.

From 1 week ago:

90% sure he's planned to be steak knives in a trade and given it's basically just Soldo as the pure ruck available as depth, you have to think some Vic club would want him as depth. I'd be fine keeping him if I didnt think Knobel is a future 1st choice AFL ruck

Thanks for your service Tabs and Hughes but this was to be expected. They were part of some of the darkest days in the clubs history but it was time to move on from that era.

Expecting more delistings to come. Corbett, Stanley, Knobel, Jones etc. Necessary changes if we are serious about contending next year.
Don't let snuff see you said that

Knobel isnt getting delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back