List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Erasmus turn 21 on December 2 this year. He's already dominating WAFL and showing an ability to improve on his weaknesses. In my opinion he's shaping up as a terrific long term player for the club. Just give him more opportunities next year and he'll do well. Him and NOD are keys for us to improve in 2025.

We have AA calibre players in Pearce, Cox, Ryan, Clark, Darcy, Jackson, Serong, Brayshaw, Young.

Treacy and Amiss will continue to grow.

Bolton will add to our mix.

Chapman, Walker, Draper, Sharp, Sturt will continue to grow.

We have some solid vets in Wagner, Switta.

Useful vets that need to be managed in Fyfe, JOM, Walters and Aish.

Bloody hell. That was off the top of my head and already at 23 players and would’ve left some off!

Honestly, that first group of 9. If they play to potential, we play in a GF. That’s half of our team on the field.

Erasmus and NOD are far from required but them improving certainly gives us depth and adequate cover.

Inexcusable to miss finals this year.

next year

Both really.

Except this year missing finals is a cross next to JL’s rather rather than a line straight through it.

We’ve got more depth and are more talented on average than we were in 2013 IMO. Got to say though Pavlich, McPharlin, Fyfe and Sandilands were genuine generational talents even competition wide and that, along with composure in close games, is probably the difference. JL will be safe is some 3rd to 6th take the next step - Bolton coming in won’t hurt either.

Erasmus is not a key to us improving next year. A slow inside mid with poor skills is one of our least needed types of players.

We have so much organic growth happening, on top of some potentially huge trades.

Erasmus playing a role next year would be a nice bonus, he is far from important.
What absolute rubbish. He's skills have improved a ton and Im sick of the rubbish attacks on Erasmus. Erasmus looked a bit slow in 2023 I agree. But that was after he put on a ton of muscle over his first full preseason so a drop in pace is to be expected if someone's carrying extra weight. He's been excellent spreading from the contest in 2024 and also excellent in sprint training work in preseason. If Erasmus and O'Driscol can step up then Young plays more forward to make rotations work and thats where the main otenial benefit is.

We have AA calibre players in Pearce, Cox, Ryan, Clark, Darcy, Jackson, Serong, Brayshaw, Young.

Treacy and Amiss will continue to grow.

Bolton will add to our mix.

Chapman, Walker, Draper, Sharp, Sturt will continue to grow.

We have some solid vets in Wagner, Switta.

Useful vets that need to be managed in Fyfe, JOM, Walters and Aish.

Bloody hell. That was off the top of my head and already at 23 players and would’ve left some off!

Honestly, that first group of 9. If they play to potential, we play in a GF. That’s half of our team on the field.

Erasmus and NOD are far from required but them improving certainly gives us depth and adequate cover.

Inexcusable to miss finals this year.
I disagree about Erasmus and O'Driscol but agree with your last sentence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What absolute rubbish. He's skills have improved a ton and Im sick of the rubbish attacks on Erasmus. Erasmus looked a bit slow in 2023 I agree. But that was after he put on a ton of muscle over his first full preseason so a drop in pace is to be expected if someone's carrying extra weight. He's been excellent spreading from the contest in 2024 and also excellent in sprint training work in preseason. If Erasmus and O'Driscol can step up then Young plays more forward to make rotations work and thats where the main otenial benefit is.

His skills have not improved a tonne.

He was beyond horrendous at AFL level in this year.

Some people need to understand that slow inside midst with poor skills quite often dominate the lower leagues but struggle to crack it at AFL.

I really hope Erasmus makes it. But the idea that he is some key to us improving is just being silly imo. He's sooooo far behind Johnson, and Johnson isn't even a key to us improving.

We have 3 key forwards who are all under 22.
We have rising star Draper.
Potential of Bolton coming in, a top 5 small forward in our biggest position of need.
Like the list goes on of things that will be massive to our improvement.

Erasmus reaching Toranto or even Hopper level is unlikely. And those two would hardly be a key to us improving.

His skills have not improved a tonne.

He was beyond horrendous at AFL level in this year.

Some people need to understand that slow inside midst with poor skills quite often dominate the lower leagues but struggle to crack it at AFL.

I really hope Erasmus makes it. But the idea that he is some key to us improving is just being silly imo. He's sooooo far behind Johnson, and Johnson isn't even a key to us improving.

We have 3 key forwards who are all under 22.
We have rising star Draper.
Potential of Bolton coming in, a top 5 small forward in our biggest position of need.
Like the list goes on of things that will be massive to our improvement.

Erasmus reaching Toranto or even Hopper level is unlikely. And those two would hardly be a key to us improving.
I'll be polite and simply say I agree to disagree with pretty much everything you've said. You realise Erasmus isnt even 21. Ive seen every game he played in 2024 (albeit online for wafl) His skills have most certainly improved a ton. He's also miles off being slow in season 2024.

I'll be polite and simply say I agree to disagree with pretty much everything you've said. You realise Erasmus isnt even 21. Ive seen every game he played in 2024 (albeit online for wafl) His skills have most certainly improved a ton. He's also miles off being slow in season 2024.

Honestly think he just needs a proper crack in Fyfe’s role. If you actually watched last week’s game most kicks Erasmus did when he had time and space were very good, especially going inside 50 - I’m not overly concerned by his disposal.

My main concern is perhaps whether he can build his body to the required size and still be fast enough to compliment our other mids (he’s not quick) who atm are better.

NOD on the other hand I get the feeling will come into the team easier than Erasmus not because of his ability but because his strengths are different to all our other best mids.

Erasmus is not a key to us improving next year. A slow inside mid with poor skills is one of our least needed types of players.

We have so much organic growth happening, on top of some potentially huge trades.

Erasmus playing a role next year would be a nice bonus, he is far from important.
Johnson and Jackson are key. Johnson needs to double his average clearance numbers and Jackson needs to start taking his marks. People are underestimating having a player life Fyfe to take the hits while also clearance dominant.

Last edited:
I actually think the thing that Erasmus improved a shit tonne this year was his decision making

Previous years some of his decisions were baffling (in traffic, in space, on a mark/set play)

Really positive signs if he keeps improving his footy smarts

Ras's pressure skills are diabolical. The fact he's been hitting some targets recently, particularly short, is a sign his confidence is definitely up (more confident = feel less pressure). His actual mechanics are pretty good so with confidence and experience his skills should be okay mostly at the next level up. He'll still shank a few though and have some tearing their hair out.

Taranto wouldn’t be a bad ceiling for Erasmus at all.
I’d take that right now if offered TBH.
Two time B&F and very competent AFL midfielder

Ras's pressure skills are diabolical. The fact he's been hitting some targets recently, particularly short, is a sign his confidence is definitely up (more confident = feel less pressure). His actual mechanics are pretty good so with confidence and experience his skills should be okay mostly at the next level up. He'll still shank a few though and have some tearing their hair out.
What do mean by pressure skills? He has a huge number of pressure acts in a games and he led Peel in tackles per game in 2024 at around 6 a game. I would describe his pressure skills as elite for a player yet to turn 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back