List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hell yeah !!
End up playing off in 3 consecutive GFs, leading at the last change in all 3 … only to totally bottle it in all of them and then never reach another decider for for another 30!
take care slap GIF

It’d be brilliant to find a b22 player in Ireland, given we hopefully won’t be picking early in the draft for a few years.

I wonder how much work Kelm has put in, both on skills and knowledge. Would certainly start in the wafl, but potentially an option for the second half of 2025 if he has what it takes.
It's certainly possible, some of these Irish boys adapt fairly quickly.

Oisín Mullin only played 3 games of VFL before making his debut this year for Geelong and he ended up in their finals this year.

Ultan has been training with the AFL ball for years since his injury and covid derailed his move.

Hopefully third time lucky for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we please have more Bolton / Pickett talk… hope is a good thing, throw the farm at them, it just feels like that right there’s the difference between wannabes and countless highlight reels of the team our Dockers became…

As others have suggested, if Pickett is even a snowball's chance of being extracted you have to throw everything at trying to get it done.

We saw over this season how the Sydney machine works to move someone from almost certainty to leave back into the fold, there is nothing to say that in 12 months time The Chad will be still thinking about coming home.

As others have suggested, if Pickett is even a snowball's chance of being extracted you have to throw everything at trying to get it done.

We saw over this season how the Sydney machine works to move someone from almost certainty to leave back into the fold, there is nothing to say that in 12 months time The Chad will be still thinking about coming home.
Agreed. They had same situation with Papley a few years ago and he changed his mind 12 months later.

Outside of needing an exemption from the AFL for the 2-in-4 rule (must take 2x first round picks in a 4yr period) given the upcoming rule changes allowing trading of picks two years in advance we should have the capital to get Warner next year in addition to Bolton and Pickett this year should they all request it.

Unless im missing something the only other potential issue I can see to getting all three would be salary cap space.

The AFL is likely to give Port an exemption for the exact same 2-in-4 situation this year so they can pick up Lukosious, so no logical reason I can see they wouldn't for us as well

Unless Chad says he wants to come NOW then Pickett becomes the priority with Bolton this year you would think/hope

Agreed. They had same situation with Papley a few years ago and he changed his mind 12 months later.

Outside of needing an exemption from the AFL for the 2-in-4 rule (must take 2x first round picks in a 4yr period) given the upcoming rule changes allowing trading of picks two years in advance we should have the capital to get Warner next year in addition to Bolton and Pickett this year should they all request it.

Unless im missing something the only other potential issue I can see to getting all three would be salary cap space.

The AFL is likely to give Port an exemption for the exact same 2-in-4 situation this year so they can pick up Lukosious, so no logical reason I can see they wouldn't for us as well

Unless Chad says he wants to come NOW then Pickett becomes the priority with Bolton this year you would think/hope

I am not sure if Pickett is dinkum about heading over.

I am not sure if Pickett is dinkum about heading over.
Hes certainly been known to change his mind back and forth on these things in the past, so youre probably right

Im working on hope that the unstable situation at Melbourne, combined with a growing family might change the equation for him this time

Im used to getting my hopes crushed, but for now im going to let myself dream

Really its almost a no lose situation for us. Worst case we add Bolton and still have a couple of very good picks in a strong, deep draft. And thats not too shabby

Think the hardest thing would be convincing the dees to let him go. They won’t have much of a forward line without him!

Think if Melbourne are still a rabble next year they might decide to let Petracca walk and that will open the door for Kozzi to come west too

Probably need a name selecting Melbourne, then we may be able to pry Pickett out. Houston was initially linked to Demons.

We don't even need an exemption. Amiss and Erasmus satisfy the rule up to the end of the 2025 trade period.

Some basic logic and maths suggests we can't fit all 3 of Pickett, Warner and Bolton in the salary cap without losing key players. We might be able to squeeze in Bolton (if there is a large salary chunk paid by Richmond) and Pickett on say 800k. But even that would be tight. I honestly think Warner is not going to happen. He is 100% staying in Sydney to end of 2025. Then WC can blow us out of the water, or he will stay with Sydney.

We are already carrying 7 x top 100 paid players in the comp. That includes Ryan, but excludes Clark, Pearce, Treacy and Amiss who are AA 40-man squad capable either now or in the future. Brayshaw also needs a bump.

Only Melbourne and GWS had 8 in 2024, and they're going back to 7 with Haynes and Brayshaw off the books. And GWS are struggling to keep Perryman, Peatling and Cumming. Once you start hitting that 8 mark for highly paid players, the salary cap is approaching breaking point to fit the rest in.

I guess we could have some elaborate off the books schemes going, but somehow I doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back