List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell. I’d take several ceilings lower than Taranto and be satisfied.

Never really rated Taranto as high as the general footy world seems to tbh. He’s a pick 2 which means he’s always been highly rated but IMO he’s just a good solid player rather than a genuine match winner like most other players traded for around his value.

His skills have not improved a tonne.

He was beyond horrendous at AFL level in this year.

Some people need to understand that slow inside midst with poor skills quite often dominate the lower leagues but struggle to crack it at AFL.

I really hope Erasmus makes it. But the idea that he is some key to us improving is just being silly imo. He's sooooo far behind Johnson, and Johnson isn't even a key to us improving.

We have 3 key forwards who are all under 22.
We have rising star Draper.
Potential of Bolton coming in, a top 5 small forward in our biggest position of need.
Like the list goes on of things that will be massive to our improvement.

Erasmus reaching Toranto or even Hopper level is unlikely. And those two would hardly be a key to us improving.
He barely played Afl this year and when he did play late in the season his skills were very good. His set-ups of play by hand, especially, were terrific.

What do mean by pressure skills? He has a huge number of pressure acts in a games and he led Peel in tackles per game in 2024 at around 6 a game. I would describe his pressure skills as elite for a player yet to turn 21.
You are going to force the poster to actually watch him play, so stop it.

Never really rated Taranto as high as the general footy world seems to tbh. He’s a pick 2 which means he’s always been highly rated but IMO he’s just a good solid player rather than a genuine match winner like most other players traded for around his value.

It’s not even about rating Taranto. It’s just funny people saying they will be satisfied if Erasmus hits that ceiling like he’s any chance.

He’s tracking more like a Will Setterfield type pick.

His skills have not improved a tonne.

He was beyond horrendous at AFL level in this year.

Some people need to understand that slow inside midst with poor skills quite often dominate the lower leagues but struggle to crack it at AFL.

I really hope Erasmus makes it. But the idea that he is some key to us improving is just being silly imo. He's sooooo far behind Johnson, and Johnson isn't even a key to us improving.

We have 3 key forwards who are all under 22.
We have rising star Draper.
Potential of Bolton coming in, a top 5 small forward in our biggest position of need.
Like the list goes on of things that will be massive to our improvement.

Erasmus reaching Toranto or even Hopper level is unlikely. And those two would hardly be a key to us improving.
Even at AFL level I don't think that's true. Against Essendon in particular he hit some nice passes. In the other games where he was up fwd not so much, but I just don't think he's particularly comfortable there, and has probably gotten too used to playing midfield. At WAFL level in particular the difference throughout the season is very noticeable.

The skills break down for me is this:
  • Short to medium range passing is very decent, especially when he creates space for himself in midfield (he's gotten better at this). Lowkey has a decent left foot.
  • At AFL level, needs more methods of getting space for himself in congestion. Good hand-eye coordination and sneaky agile, but not explosive. Slow twitch type. If he gets there, wouldn't be the first slow twitch type who hit off seasons hard and ended up becoming more explosive, but doesn't come naturally to him.
  • He doesn't have a long bomb in his locker really at all, which probably makes his disposal under pressure look worse. Bit like Serong in that regard. 50m is about how long he can kick it on a good day. Again probably got to do with being a slow twitch type.
  • Very iffy in front of goal, but probably has a lot to do with the fact that at WAFL level most of his shots have been right on the edge of his range.
I think once he's there athletically he'll be fine. Quicker off the mark, stronger, probably jumpier so he can use his read of the ball in the air at AFL level. The long bomb will probably never get there coz I think that's nature over nurture, so the key for him is just to get to a place where he never has to use his worst weapon.

Thought I'd get some early trade radio content going.

Trade:
10 - Norths F1st
9, our F1st, (+points this year or next) - GC 6,12
6 - Bolton
12, 16 - Pickett
Have Norths F1st for Warner next year

Gold Coast can trade 9 for Rioli and Don't waste 12 on some ridiculous Collingwood Noble trade

Put the cheque in the mail wallsy

Let’s face it if Ras is being slotted into Fyfes role then the bar is pretty low as far as kicking goes. And as much as I hate saying it Fyfe is no threat aerially anymore either.

It’s the vision & decision making he needs. Plus a strong body. We know he can find the ball.

Bloody hell. I’d take several ceilings lower than Taranto and be satisfied.

Of course. My point was I find it hard to imagine him reaching Toronto's level, I find it unlikely he reaches Hopper level.

But even adding a Toranto to our list wouldn't be one of the keys to improving. We have enough slow inside mids.

He barely played Afl this year and when he did play late in the season his skills were very good. His set-ups of play by hand, especially, were terrific.

Wow this is crazy to me. When Erasmus played I genuinely felt sorry for him he was so bad.

I was so passionate about dropping Fyfe for Erasmus. Than Erasmus played and I was horrified for the kid. Certainly wasn't ready.

He's an inside bull who needs time to get used to the speed of AFL footy. Unfortunately he's far from good enough to crack our inside mid brigade ATM, and we are now hitting a window where we can't gift game time.

He's also in an unfortunate position where he has proven to be an absolute liability as sub.

Blakely was fairly proven before his injury. Was a decent half back. He got hyped as the next Barlow prior to his return and god knows what happened. Don't think he had the dedication.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back