List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s moot anyway. We need lots of different woods depending on the situation. We should be masters of adaptability. Have a counter for whatever comes at us, with a clear plan on how to turn whatever that is into attack and drill that into the players repeatedly until it’s as natural as breathing.

I’m still waiting for JL to reveal his hidden genius. I don’t think it exists. Prove me wrong, please.
As a Rick Springfield fan I’m excited so see ‘moot’ in general discourse.

I'm making one comment,then leaving this thread till trade season actually arrives:

If we're going to talk about lost opportunities to play finals, I would have the final bounce against Essendon as being our biggest single failure point for the whole season.

That was a season-ending lapse of concentration right there. A draw would have had us playing finals.

That's how tight this last season was.... One single lapse at the wrong time can cost you a finals campaign.

3 odd months ago it was said that we are gonna have a busy trade period. 1 week out and it looks like only Shai 🤔

Depends how you define "busy". Maybe nothing comes of Baker, Warner, Pickett, Martin, pick swaps. But they will be busy nonetheless trying to work it out.

And quality trumps quantity. Bolton is the best player on the move (assuming Warner is staying put).

I'm making one comment,then leaving this thread till trade season actually arrives:

If we're going to talk about lost opportunities to play finals, I would have the final bounce against Essendon as being our biggest single failure point for the whole season.

That was a season-ending lapse of concentration right there. A draw would have had us playing finals.

That's how tight this last season was.... One single lapse at the wrong time can cost you a finals campaign.

The first Derby was an absolute disaster. Just how we could have been jumped and then flogged so convincingly by the 2023 wooden spooners is proof of our coach being a bit sleepy at times. Also our players should be absolutely gutted about that dismal result. We have to get results like that out of our system or be a "nearly" team for ever.

I feel like we were preparing ourselves for a mighty crack at Logan and Warner.

Then Treacy came on and Bolton enquired and we pivoted.

Baker has added intrigue.

Pickett has muddied the waters and there’s still Chad.

They may see Chad and Bolton as similar? So no rush on Chad and may wait until after next year.

Grab us a Bolton. Throw picks at Pickett.

Not the end of the world.

I'm making one comment,then leaving this thread till trade season actually arrives
homer simpson episode 3 GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep great. After Brisbane get Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall cheap this year, we’ll get Robinson and Whan at a higher cost. Just tops
Always bid on them come the draft and make sure clubs pay the highest price possible. It is still at a discount. No need to provide a greater advantage.

Got a direct quote that mentions the kicking out set up?

Having one method of kicking out is easy scouted.
I'm not pretending to be a coach but I do think we should have 3 options:
  • the kick to Cox outside 50 on the boundary.
  • a shorter play inside 50 to a secondary marking target such as Chapman.
  • a kick out designed to use our legspeed to create a bit of uncertainty inside the 50 finishing with a kick to the wing area with Jackson/Amiss/Treacy leading up.

I'm sure there are better and more cunning options. But we need more variety.

I'm not pretending to be a coach but I do think we should have 3 options:
  • the kick to Cox outside 50 on the boundary.
  • a shorter play inside 50 to a secondary marking target such as Chapman.
  • a kick out designed to use our legspeed to create a bit of uncertainty inside the 50 finishing with a kick to the wing area with Jackson/Amiss/Treacy leading up.

I'm sure there are better and more cunning options. But we need more variety.

We should set up in a ‘V’ formation and fly it down to the other end.

Seen it in a movie.

We should call it the… … ‘arrow of destiny’ or failing that the ‘flying v’

Then we get the whole stadium to chant ‘quack, quack, quack’

We’ll piss the flag in.

Seen it in a movie.

We’ll piss the flag in.
The chevron of power!!!

Seen it in a movie.

We’ll piss the flag in.

Luke Shuey and Joel Selwood have joined the chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back