List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Gus, but if we're targetting an inside mid, it has to be someone with burst and/or goal kicking (i.e. Chad).

Gus would be stuck with Ras not playing. Eagles should be all over him though.
better kick than Ras ?

I just can't see us blowing our wad on someone like Zurhaar. Dude has done nothing (not all his fault).

You just can't pay that bloke enough to get him to move without disrespecting all our players that would be getting paid less than him. It would **** me off as a player. Especially since he doesn't seem like the most professional bloke getting around which we are big on.

If you tell me we have to pay Chad 1.1m to get him over I am ok since that dude is actually good (not just will be good in another team) and played well in a GF.

At least with Baker, the dude has been there and done it and has leadership.

better kick than Ras ?
Sheldrick? Yes.

I was curious so I found Warners draft profile.
It’s a bit like Fyfe, no one knew what he was on the way to becoming.

We would have lost our minds if we’d taken him over Serong & Young & seen what those guys produced in their first few years.

“Despite being neat with ball in hand, Warner doesn’t have as much finesse by foot. However, once he is in an AFL environment, this aspect of his game should improve. He may not have the penetration in his kicking, but Warner has also shown an ability to be effective and damaging with his handball ability, often opening up the play for his team from stoppages.
Compared to some other midfielders in the draft pool, Warner does not boast the same explosive athleticism as some other midfield prospects. However, he did test well at the National Combine in the 2km time trial (6:29 minutes), the and yo-yo test (level 21.6),
What is evident is that Warner plays to his strengths; a handy skill to have in an AFL environment.
DRAFT RANGE: Third to Fourth Round”

As I said, there wasn't much that stood out that much about Warner, and you certainly would have picked Liam Henry over Warner every day of the week back then (and then some) based on output. His profile might have well been the same as Greg Clark's (from Subiaco) in his draft year.

Fyfe was much more prominent than Warner - he had a nine goal colts final, he had been influential in the U18s without being dominant and everyone could see he moved well, could mark and kick goals. His profile was more like pick 16-30, rather than Third to Fourth round.

This years WA draft equivalent is possibly Luke Urquhart - just a big but raw 90cm (East Freo) player with maybe above average athleticism that might see him as a midfielder one day at AFL level. Of course he could just as equally be a bust as well, or not even get drafted.

Hi folks,
Is Sam Sturt likely to get another contract? I'm asking regarding a keeper league.
Cheers.

4 goals in the WAFL last round. He certainly has ability so I don't know whether to hold him.
He missed the last round with a knee concern that wasn’t on the injury update that Tuesday, he’s exactly what we need (accurate kick for goal) and may come on this week for Frederick who’s out with concussion, but all depends on the knee

The good teams have those Ryan Crowley, Matt deBoer, Reece Conca, Adam McPhee, Josh Carr type players. Baker is one of those.

We've missed Griffin Logue and Blake Acres not so much because they're stars but they bring that hard edge, team first mentality. Baker fills that role despite his size.
Blake Whobres?

He missed the last round with a knee concern that wasn’t on the injury update that Tuesday, he’s exactly what we need (accurate kick for goal) and may come on this week for Frederick who’s out with concussion, but all depends on the knee
Thanks mate. I think I'll keep him.

I've never understood, and not just in bigfooty but pretty much any forum or group based social media, why when someone lobs in with a question along they lines of "Hey I'm trying to put something together but can't be buggered doing any research, can you do it for me?", so many people are willing to help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never understood, and not just in bigfooty but pretty much any forum or group based social media, why when someone lobs in with a question along they lines of "Hey I'm trying to put something together but can't be buggered doing any research, can you do it for me?", so many people are willing to help.
Think it’s fair to ask if someone has already done it, but yeah, the expectation of free labour (and supply thereof) is bizarre.

I mean, it's not really an easy thing to find out if a fringe player is likely to get a contract or not, he obviously had already checked the stats but it's good to get opinions from supporters who get to watch him week in week out

As I said, there wasn't much that stood out that much about Warner, and you certainly would have picked Liam Henry over Warner every day of the week back then (and then some) based on output. His profile might have well been the same as Greg Clark's (from Subiaco) in his draft year.

Fyfe was much more prominent than Warner - he had a nine goal colts final, he had been influential in the U18s without being dominant and everyone could see he moved well, could mark and kick goals. His profile was more like pick 16-30, rather than Third to Fourth round.

This years WA draft equivalent is possibly Luke Urquhart - just a big but raw 90cm (East Freo) player with maybe above average athleticism that might see him as a midfielder one day at AFL level. Of course he could just as equally be a bust as well, or not even get drafted.
It's a curious thing, as I always wonder whether a player would hit those peaks regardless of whether environment and chance (injuries & opportunity) have significantly impacted. How fragile is player development at the level? How many top 10 picks have landed at the one struggler and never really fully expressed their talent as much as expected? And it's not always just better "culture" (which is a bit of a furphy), but also a possible varietal mix between individual and environment.

This doesn't sound right. Either Yeo is leaving and the AFL is putting in the work so they can justify how to give WC another 1st round pick to boost their draft hand or WC offering a puff piece on how good Yeo will be for staying since WC are now only paying unders since they've changed.

Surprised there isn't a bit on how some of the contract will be going to cancer research and puppy care.

That is insanity from Adelaide. I don't care how much the salary cap is going up. I respect Daniels has his sources, but I find it really hard to believe.
Adelaide seem to be linked to every crazy deal these days like they have Cameron Schwab in charge. Yet none of them come true and they drove hard bargains at the trade table for their last few trades. I think the media in WA & Vic now just link them as no one hears them complain about it over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back