List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys just seem like the type of player we dont need. Zurhaar would be behind Jackson, Amiss and Treacy so would struggle, and Baker is a great foot soldier but not really a goal kicker. Just wouldnt fit our team.

I would think someone like Bailey Smith would be a good get. Obviously coming off a knee is a concern, but his outside pace and goal kicking ability from half forward would be very handy. He plays similarly to Freddy
Zurhaar would be infront of Bailey Banfield though and would be a direct upgrade on his output. He's not a key forward.

Port Adelaide currently have picks #33 and #51

...and Ky Burgoyne (Shaun's boy), Rome Burgoyne (Peter's boy), Louie Montgomery and Oliver Francou as father son options coming through I believe.

So there may be some room to get access to their future picks in exchange for current year picks.
Jesus, that’s quite a lineup. Hope Josh Francou’s young fella hasn’t inherited a knack for playing a blinder against us

Zurhaar would be infront of Bailey Banfield though and would be a direct upgrade on his output. He's not a key forward.

Except they play two completely different roles. I can't see Zurhaar playing further up the ground like Banners does.

Except they play two completely different roles. I can't see Zurhaar playing further up the ground like Banners does.
Why not? He plays that role for North

Clarko introduced him to the mid rotations last year, he has become leaner in the last 2 years, can definitely get up the ground now

Zoohar a much better idea than Baker for us , least he has a good number of goals under his belt ( relatively )
plus no picks out so we can double dip and get fwds through the draft to still potentially win even if Zurhar doesn’t smash it for us

IMO he would be handy at worst and a decent shot at being great

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has there been anymore noise around Charlie Cameron?
Brisbane teammates are extremely pissed at him still. If we want him you’d think there was a chance.

Walk into Walter’s role for a few years, have Delean working with Cameron & Walter’s & he comes in & is our small forward for 10 years.

Small forward sorted for the next 13 years. (If only it was that easy)

Zurhaar plays at the stoppages for North occasionally similar to DeGoey

Of course his career best game doing it was against us last year (26 possessions and 6 clearances), and I don't think he has gone close to that against anyone else.

I think there's a decent chance they split the pick, I just can't see the rhyme or reason for using the picks they get from that to do anything other than get the best young guns available.

I agree I wouldn't do it, but clubs seem to have a hard time passing on good players that are available.

Departing Richmond CEO Brendon Gale is confident the club will retain the services of Liam Baker.

The Tigers’ joint vice-captain is out of contract this year and is attracting serious interest from both Western Australian clubs Fremantle and Wet Coast.

WA native Baker recently purchased a $2.2 million waterfront property in Perth, strengthening suggestions that he could be on the way out the Punt Road exit door at season’s end.

Gale indicated that Baker’s house purchase was merely a clever investment and is confident he will commit his future to the club.

“He’s an astute investor, Liam,” Gale said on SEN’s The Run Home.

“We’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he’s entitled to invest his money, and good on him.

“But he’s a really important player for our footy club and an important part of our future.

“He’s got an important decision to make and we’re confident it will be with us.”

The versatile and tenacious 26-year-old, who is a two-time premiership player with the Tigers, has played 117 games in yellow and black.

Baker has missed the last two matches with general soreness, but Adem Yze’s injury-hit side will hope to have him back for this Saturday night’s Dreamtime clash with Essendon at the MCG.

Listen to Gale on Baker and a number of other Tigers topics below:

200.gif

Brisbane teammates are extremely pissed at him still. If we want him you’d think there was a chance.

Walk into Walter’s role for a few years, have Delean working with Cameron & Walter’s & he comes in & is our small forward for 10 years.

Small forward sorted for the next 13 years. (If only it was that easy)
Will be 30 start of next season. We'd get three, maybe four good seasons from him imo.

Can't see the club going for him when Walters is still on the list unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winder not mentioned as part of the medicals for mid-season draft.
Some fella name Kelsy Rypstra a small forward from Nth Adelaide waya though. May not mean anything, i imagine Souths know how Winder is travelling physically.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club is tracking Winder for a spot at years end rather than now.

As a previously delisted player DFA is an option but the more likely one is him sitting out the National and Rookie drafts and joining us on the opening days of the SSP similar to what Sharp did.

I will not be surprised one bit if we don't use a selection at all next week. List spots are tight and realistically outside of COVID effected MSDs (2021 and 2022) the MSD success stories are few and far between. I reckon at least 70% of the 2023 Mid Season draftees will be delisted by the end of this year tbh.

Zoohar a much better idea than Baker for us , least he has a good number of goals under his belt ( relatively )
plus no picks out so we can double dip and get fwds through the draft to still potentially win even if Zurhar doesn’t smash it for us

IMO he would be handy at worst and a decent shot at being great

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
and he has come out saying he is sick of not playing finals - we need that hunger

ps: nobody sticks Bailey in the corner ;)

Wasn't Smith struggling form wise, well before his knee injury?

Considering the cost and any associated injury/culture issues, plus the fact that Sharp has come on so well, I'd be surprised if Smith is even on the periphery of our radar.
That was my understanding too, he was struggling in the HFF role rather the midfield role he filled in previous seasons.

Probably a silly call but could or would we ever consider trying to bring Dusty Martin across for 2 years as a Forward?

Agree to disagree on this. I think Banfield is having a fantastic season and key to this has been his greater level of versatility than Zurhaar. Banners has played all over the ground, be it wing, half back etc. I see Zurhaar as a one trick pony.

Probably a silly call but could or would we ever consider trying to bring Dusty Martin across for 2 years as a Forward?
If you could pull it off, the cost to output ratio would be a big consideration. Not sure Martin would consider moving over here for anything remotely reasonable.

Agree to disagree on this. I think Banfield is having a fantastic season and key to this has been his greater level of versatility than Zurhaar. Banners has played all over the ground, be it wing, half back etc. I see Zurhaar as a one trick pony.
Agree. Too many dismiss Banners, and it's possible if given more of an opportunity elsewhere he may not be at Freo next year

With a bit more composure and polish in recent games he would be elite. Against the Saints he kicked 1 goal but had opportunities to kick 3 more that were gettable.

Downside of playing all over is that fatigue may impact his goal kicking. Also seems alot of the time he looks up and there is no-one to kick it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back