List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need depth
We don't need that much depth. Realistically Brodie doesn't seem to be seen inside the top 30 players on our list.

Erasmus is ahead of him outside the team and I feel JL has said it enough times that he feels we are playing one inside mid too many as it is.

If a player is in their mid-20s and not in our best 30 players they can only be described as a list clogger and that list spot is far better used on a developing player.

Its hard to see how he isn't best 30 given his 2022 season but reality is he hasn't played all year and I don't think he's even been named emergency. Given the injuries we've had at times a player in our top 30 players should at least be named emergency a few times. Wouldn't loose any sleep if we traded him for a pick 120 tbh.

Sydney aren’t playing Luke Parker in the same inside mid role Clayton Oliver would take though so not sure if he’s a desperate need for them.
I’d guess a tall back or a big name forward (for both goals and marketing purposes) would be more a need.
Left field but Oscar Allen would suit Sydney (now Naughton has signed long term) maybe we just give our picks to the Slime to ship Allen east in a 3-way deal for Warner ?
Like every other 3-way I’ve ever suggested though I reckon that sounds good but will never happen !!!🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sydney need to agree to release him from his contract one year early. There is no incentive to do so unless we offer a moster deal for him. Our best opportunity we have is for Sydney to win a premiership.
I think you took my post too seriously. I was implying that some comments were saying we should hope Sydney win the flag. I think we should rephrase that to, it is preferable that Sydney wins the flag if Fremantle don't.
Pretty sure Freo winning the flag this year trumps Sydney winning it and is getting Warner.

I think you took my post too seriously. I was implying that some comments were saying we should hope Sydney win the flag. I think we should rephrase that to, it is preferable that Sydney wins the flag if Fremantle don't.
Pretty sure Freo winning the flag this year trumps Sydney winning it and is getting Warner.
Yeah, whoever wins the flag, doesn't have Warner next year.

And I'm ok with that.

The incentive is that they get far more value this year than they do next year when WC leverage their PSD pick to trade him for a worse pick.

Sydney won't get a better deal than this year. They can value 2025 with him playing highly too.
Premierships are more important than losing out on a trade. If Chad has expressed his desire to return home, Sydney will want a crack at the Premiership one more time before they let him go. Also if the Eagles are serious about Warner it will create a bidding war with Freo, they won't try any PSD nonsesne.

Premierships are more important than losing out on a trade. If Chad has expressed his desire to return home, Sydney will want a crack at the Premiership one more time before they let him go. Also if the Eagles are serious about Warner it will create a bidding war with Freo, they won't try any PSD nonsesne.
I dunno bidding war is never really how it works. It's not an IPL auction you only put so much resources into one transaction. Once a player selects an option then the trade value is more or less going to be "If I refuse to negotiate with you because you are not offering what I want, how much more would the other party pay so I could come back to the player and say, go sort out a deal X because I won't deal with Y"*. It's more price setting than a bidding war.

*Then that price is on sliding scale depending on how early a pre season draft pick the target club has and if Adrian Dodoro is involved.

Well put, Clark, Jackson and Sharp are all exceptional players and people. All three are on an upward trajectory, and yet to hit their peak. Clark and Sharp are reaching new heights nearly every game. Jacko a little more hit and miss but has enormous upside.

The club has raised the bar with it's trading method. Not too many misses these days.
I’d say that’s because Walls in in charge of that as well now, not just making the most of whatever picks are left at the draft (which he’s also very good at)

Anyone saying Curtin makes sense for eagles or saying we shouldnt bother - wash your mouth out.

Can’t have enough good players and never know when an injury might come. Curtin can go back and forward. Top 10 pick for a reason and if he wants home, we get it done.

If they’re serious about Chappy on a wing (which given his i50 delivery at times you can see way chefs kiss) then plug Curtin as the replacement. Done

People get distracted by where someone was drafted.

If Erasmus was pick 50 instead of pick 10 and out of contract people would be saying delist, too vanilla.

Curtin struggles to get a game at a crap team while Draper is a similar age and looks good at AFL level.

Erasmus (and Brodie) might have their cards marked, and I think it is unlikely we can get Warner (despite all the talk).

We have JOM and Fyfe in the preferred 22 while Johnson is also in the side. So that's two old players we need to replace in the midfield mix. I don't think Curtin would be any slower than JOM, so his extra height is a bonus athletically. And even if we did get the Chad, there's still room.

Then there is the backline. Ryan, Pearce and Aish won't play forever. Hughes is not in our best 22, but that's the sort of player he could replace if Chapman was injured or moved up the ground. We can find room for a young utility/flanker type who could also play KPD if necessary.

As said above, he is contracted until end of 2026, so let him see that out and we can bring a more developed player in ready to replace some of our 28+ year olds who might be cooked in 2-3 years time.

We've had a charmed run with injury and I hope it continues. But surely if Erasmus keeps getting 35 at Peel he comes straight in when we get an injury or suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that had been the case but IIRC, Twomey had him out to the 20s on gettable recently. Could be mistaken because my memory is **** but I think it was Welsh.

He is sliding.

Undersized kpf, not great when the balls hit the ground.
Unsure if he is mobile enough to compensate for lack of height.

Needs a big champs.

People get distracted by where someone was drafted.

If Erasmus was pick 50 instead of pick 10 and out of contract people would be saying delist, too vanilla.

Curtin struggles to get a game at a crap team while Draper is a similar age and looks good at AFL level.

Not particularly.
Plus Curtin has only been in the system for 6 months or so. Can’t have enough good young players

We don't need that much depth. Realistically Brodie doesn't seem to be seen inside the top 30 players on our list.

Erasmus is ahead of him outside the team and I feel JL has said it enough times that he feels we are playing one inside mid too many as it is.

If a player is in their mid-20s and not in our best 30 players they can only be described as a list clogger and that list spot is far better used on a developing player.

Its hard to see how he isn't best 30 given his 2022 season but reality is he hasn't played all year and I don't think he's even been named emergency. Given the injuries we've had at times a player in our top 30 players should at least be named emergency a few times. Wouldn't loose any sleep if we traded him for a pick 120 tbh.
Yep agree with this. Brodie will likely be moved on. Probably a fourth round pick. A Melbourne club like North could be beneficial for both parties. If we can’t ship him off then he will likely be another Blakely - Delisted and moved to Rookie list.

Yep agree with this. Brodie will likely be moved on. Probably a fourth round pick. A Melbourne club like North could be beneficial for both parties. If we can’t ship him off then he will likely be another Blakely - Delisted and moved to Rookie list.
it's pretty sad - I loved it when he was known as 'steak knives'

People get a bit confused with how much depth you actually need imo. Before the season starts a good solid 30-odd players that collectively cover all bases is more than enough, especially if you’ve got a group of developing players in their second to fourth on the list that fall marginally outside that.

Moving the depth players on as younger options come through to play their roles just as well, if not better, is just good list management.

Keeping a 26 year old who’s probably unlikely to play a game all season for ‘depth’ purposes is completely unnecessary - you may as well use the list spot on a draftee who plays the same amount but is paid the wages of a first year player as opposed to around AFL average. And that player might develop into a much better player. As things stand our list is pretty tight so trading Brodie for a throwaway pick could mean he’s replaced with a second round draft pick.

People get a bit confused with how much depth you actually need imo. Before the season starts a good solid 30-odd players that collectively cover all bases is more than enough, especially if you’ve got a group of developing players in their second to fourth on the list that fall marginally outside that.

Moving the depth players on as younger options come through to play their roles just as well, if not better, is just good list management.

Keeping a 26 year old who’s probably unlikely to play a game all season for ‘depth’ purposes is completely unnecessary - you may as well use the list spot on a draftee who plays the same amount but is paid the wages of a first year player as opposed to around AFL average. And that player might develop into a much better player. As things stand our list is pretty tight so trading Brodie for a throwaway pick could mean he’s replaced with a second round draft pick.
we've been unusually lucky with injuries this season, and haven't needed these top up players

it's pretty sad - I loved it when he was known as 'steak knives'
I wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson finds himself at Peel after the bye. With Johnson and Erasmus around the fringe waiting for an opportunity in the midfield. Brodie really is surplus to needs. If there are no takers then he will be retained under contract but I’m doubtful we’ll see him again in purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back