List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Sturt managed by? If it’s not Young than at least his manager won’t be actively in his ear trying to get him out of freo a la Acres / Logue.

His 2024 contract was actually triggered late last year (assuming off games played). I wonder if Wagner / Emmett have a similar clause, might be a thing we do with players just outside the 22?

He is a 3rd or 4th tall, but can play a bit taller.

In our current situation, with 3 key defenders out he may be forced to play tall but more than likely Ryan would take that role.

The pecking order of defenders is roughly below.

KPD: Pearce, Cox, McDonald, Draper, Davies
3rd\4th tall: Ryan, Chapman, Worner, Draper, Hughes
Back pocket: Clark, Walker , Wagner, Worner, Hughes

Assuming Hughes is or will be behind all of Worner, Wagner, Draper then he should be delisted.

I think I would pick Draper as 3rd tall ahead of him.
I think sometimes you've just got to back in the development of players over the off season rather than keep depth players for the sake of it.

Would you rather keep Hughes who might not be required all season (and will be delisted end of 2025 if he isn't) or a 2nd/3rd year player that's shown a bit and could be best 22 in two years time (not to mention providing depth in other positions)?

Who is Sturt managed by? If it’s not Young than at least his manager won’t be actively in his ear trying to get him out of freo a la Acres / Logue.

His 2024 contract was actually triggered late last year (assuming off games played). I wonder if Wagner / Emmett have a similar clause, might be a thing we do with players just outside the 22?
Young generally managed players from WA.

He wanted 2 last time, settled for 1+1 trigger, which thankfully he hit last year, surely we offer 2 this year, or even 2+1 trigger

I wouldn't think that Sam Sturt would sit within the top 25% of those paid in 2026, probably more towards the middle of the list in terms of money.

Which means the free agency milestone for him won't really matter much to Freo. The extra year beyond free agency could be worth a whole lot more to Sturt than getting to FA qualification earlier to get that seven year, $900k a year offer back in Victoria.

I think he is still a way off that.

I would think Freo should be a be able to sign him for $350,000 x2 without too much fuss.

The futures of Fyfe, Walters and Brodie need to be discussed.

Also, the opportunity for senior development for Simpson, Erasmus and Stanley need to be created through list management.

I wouldn't think that Sam Sturt would sit within the top 25% of those paid in 2026, probably more towards the middle of the list in terms of money.

Which means the free agency milestone for him won't really matter much to Freo. The extra year beyond free agency could be worth a whole lot more to Sturt than getting to FA qualification earlier to get that seven year, $900k a year offer back in Victoria.

I think he is still a way off that.

I would think Freo should be a be able to sign him for $350,000 x2 without too much fuss.
I would prefer x3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a thing we do with guys even in the 22, ala Schulz.

Fwiw Tabs was having talks with Vic clubs about 8 weeks ago, don't know if anything came of it

Will likely retire if nothing pops up for him
Remember when he was out of contract at the end of a season, he or his manager said he'd gone to meet a few Melbourne clubs, then Freo shat themselves and gave him like a three year contract?

Remember when he was out of contract at the end of a season, he or his manager said he'd gone to meet a few Melbourne clubs, then Freo shat themselves and gave him like a three year contract?
Good Luck to him.

He never quite made it, his body saw to that. Surgeons kids got years at private schools on the back of his operations.

If he can get a game anywhere, do so.

Good Luck to him.

He never quite made it, his body saw to that. Surgeons kids got years at private schools on the back of his operations.

If he can get a game anywhere, do so.
He was soft as butter and I reckon 70% of his goals came from soft frees when he was at the top of the square. or in junk time.

He also had the luck of Pav getting double teamed and he still couldn't stand up. there'd be literally no one better or a better situation to do your apprenticeship in and he just... never took the chance.

One of the most disappointing Freo Dockers of all time. I'd say he's one of the worst 100 gamers ever.

He was soft as butter and I reckon 70% of his goals came from soft frees when he was at the top of the square. or in junk time.

He also had the luck of Pav getting double teamed and he still couldn't stand up. there'd be literally no one better or a better situation to do your apprenticeship in and he just... never took the chance.

One of the most disappointing Freo Dockers of all time. I'd say he's one of the worst 100 gamers ever.

Did he kick your dog or something?

I think sometimes you've just got to back in the development of players over the off season rather than keep depth players for the sake of it.

Would you rather keep Hughes who might not be required all season (and will be delisted end of 2025 if he isn't) or a 2nd/3rd year player that's shown a bit and could be best 22 in two years time (not to mention providing depth in other positions)?
Agree.

If he was in your best 25 players then I would keep him.

He needs 3 or 4 injuries to defenders to play.

Agree.

If he was in your best 25 players then I would keep him.

He needs 3 or 4 injuries to defenders to play.

Really think we should prioritise Sturt and Banfield. I’d give Voss and Wagner deals pretty soon after.

Everyone else can wait until the last month of the season. Let the next 6-7 weeks play out and hand out one year contracts after that accordingly. Knobel is the only other out of contract I’d consider giving anything longer to and that’s just because he’s a ruck, which generally take longer to develop.

I think best 27-28 is about right in terms of what the club should prioritise keeping on the list. My honest opinion is the club’s list management and development should be good enough to find/replace the depth players needed each off season. We should always by using the last 7-8 spots on the list (plus Cat Bs when possible) for development. Realistically that’s not much more than two seasons worth of draftees.

Last edited:

Reckon I could name 10 or more worse 100 game players for Freo and barely anyone on here would disagree with any of my picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back