(T Murray)
Cumming FA
Neal-Bullen for F2
Peatling & #49 for #25
Pick #4 - midfielder
Welsh
Next pick - ruckman

Keep Himmelberg & Hamill (rookie)
Like it, but let Himmelberg go IMO. Find another option and develop Murray.

Hamill I'd probably let go too... could be one concussion away from retirement anyway.

Like it, but let Himmelberg go IMO. Find another option and develop Murray.

Hamill I'd probably let go too... could be one concussion away from retirement anyway.
Imo Berg is important depth.

Would keep him instead of Stachan who can't even run out 4 quarters of AFL & allow us to draft/develop another ruckman & T Murray.

Burgess is not AFL standard.

Not fussed either way with Hamill.

Imo Berg is important depth.

Would keep him instead of Stachan who can't even run out 4 quarters of AFL & allow us to draft/develop another ruckman & T Murray.

Burgess is not AFL standard.

Not fussed either way with Hamill.
if you honestly thought thilthorpe could ruck all year, ROB doesnt play except an odd game, then i would agree keeping berg but no other circumstances

There seems little love for Will Brodie. Not sure why, he was a stand-up only a year or two ago.

What about Crouch?

Do any of our potential recruits push him out?
Crouch, Berry and Laird were all playing in the same team (and at times the same midfield) for parts of 2024. We can't have that in 2025.

I'm fine with Crouch staying in as a first-extractor, the other two should be out of the side before him. Berry could eventually take that role, but seriously needs to improve his fumbling and become a one-grab player / find more of the ball.

But there should only be room for 1 of those 2 in our midfield, and Laird shouldn't be anywhere near midfield any more.

Crouch, Berry and Laird were all playing in the same team (and at times the same midfield) for parts of 2024. We can't have that in 2025.

I'm fine with Crouch staying in as a first-extractor, the other two should be out of the side before him. Berry could eventually take that role, but seriously needs to improve his fumbling and become a one-grab player / find more of the ball.

But there should only be room for 1 of those 2 in our midfield, and Laird shouldn't be anywhere near midfield any more.
I think Crouch could do with being managed at times during the season. He plays a lot differently when he is fresh, compared to coming off 15 games on the trot.

I think Crouch could do with being managed at times during the season. He plays a lot differently when he is fresh, compared to coming off 15 games on the trot.
Agreed.

I think most of our side could benefit from being managed like the Cats do.

There seems little love for Will Brodie. Not sure why, he was a stand-up only a year or two ago.
Freo fans love Brodie and have been calling for him to come into their side all year.

Pace is obviously his issue, but he can play. With Crouch though just not a need for us, he’s a very similar type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Crouch?

Do any of our potential recruits push him out?

Unless we want to start Pick 4 off in the forward pocket like we usually do, it's a choice between Pick 4 and Matt Crouch as far as I'm concerned

And I'm picking Pick 4 every single time.

Not convinced it is. It may be in 2025 if we get Cumming, ANB, Pick 4 and Peatling/Player X in.
Should've been in last year, outlier perhaps and a career year from Tex did help of course.

We've "discovered" some pretty handy talent over the last 18 months, and if/when the handbrake gets released from our stodgey slow game plan we are still exciting to watch.

If the comp continues to be as close as it has been, it won't take much to jump up to be around the 8

We don't have the talent to win a flag but an end to the finals drought shouldn't be out of the question

Freo fans love Brodie and have been calling for him to come into their side all year.

Pace is obviously his issue, but he can play. With Crouch though just not a need for us, he’s a very similar type.
The challenge for Brodie is he struggles to have the leg speed to even get from contests to contest, and opposition know they can put a player on him that can hurt them.

Unless we want to start Pick 4 off in the forward pocket like we usually do, it's a choice between Pick 4 and Matt Crouch as far as I'm concerned

And I'm picking Pick 4 every single time.
At the moment, Matt Crouch is our first or second selected midfielder.

He is the only player with anything approaching useful clearance numbers. We're a disaster without him.

At the moment, Matt Crouch is our first or second selected midfielder.

He is the only player with anything approaching useful clearance numbers. We're a disaster without him.
I mean, he’s clearly not ahead of Dawson, but as a pure mid he’s definitely our second-best performing

Soligo hopefully overtakes him over the next year, but yeah we can’t get rid of his clearance-winning yet

If we can get Peatling, he’ll help us in that regard, averaged 5 a game when played in the middle

Needs to have his pay docked for any mark he takes in the defensive half

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back