List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that clubs have already traded 2024 picks, on the basis of the rules as they currently stand. Changing the rules, after picks have changed hands, is inherently unfair.

Announcing the rules now, and having them take effect in 2025 is much fairer.
This is exactly the argument. Carlton had already tried to stockpile picks from last year for this year based on those rules and are now at a massive disadvantage if those rules change

This is exactly the argument. Carlton had already tried to stockpile picks from last year for this year based on those rules and are now at a massive disadvantage if those rules change
Carlton are the most obvious beneficiaries, but they're not the only ones.

Changing the bidding rules now would be akin to moving the goal posts at half time.

Changing the bidding rules now would be akin to moving the goal posts at half time.
Didn't they do that last year already with us when the moved the goal post when Keays kicked what likely would have been the winning goal v Sydney

The problem is that clubs have already traded 2024 picks, on the basis of the rules as they currently stand. Changing the rules, after picks have changed hands, is inherently unfair.

You're right, but if it was just us affected they would likely have gone ahead despite a stern letter from Silvers.

They would never do something like that...

1719538339556.png

How many of those would be able to lead our ruck well next year and are available?
I haven't seen that much of them onfield, obviously - but I was surprised how solid some of them seem to be statistically in the WAFL and VFL.

I reckon there'd be two or three minimum on that list with enough upside, if their lower league form means anything?

Must say though a little bit of me hopes that Carlton do miss out on one of the Camporeale boys.

It’d be like a team making selections for their 22, managing their rotations in the 1st half to run out a full game only to be told the length of the game has changed making those decisions no longer the correct ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, well if Carlton are disadvantaged by it then they won't do it.

I was worried we were going to get shafted for a bit there.

Garbage. Leave the conspiracy theory crap elsewhere.
lolwut.

What about the time we had our director of football suspended for Melbourne tanking?

Or the time we paid more for the Tippett thing than Essendon did for a systematic drug program?

Or the fact that the grannie is played at a Melbourne ground regardless of merit?

There is inherent bias in this league. I'll note the father/son and academy rules are only now looking to change after a long period of Vic benefit from it.

I reckon only one is actually that good.
Nope, I don't know how much you've watched both lads, very different footballers?

Ben is very decent inside/outside midfield prospect and Lucas whilst more an outside player is a pretty decent wing/running half back with a handy left foot. I'd have no problem drafting either for us.

Nope, I don't know how much you've watched both lads, very different footballers?

Ben is very decent inside/outside midfield prospect and Lucas whilst more an outside player is a pretty decent wing/running half back with a handy left foot. I'd have no problem drafting either for us.
Maybe not as much as you but I've watched a fair bit of their sanfl u18 and the championships obviously.

I'd much rather Ben. Lucas' disposal and decision making looks a bit suspect to me.
Ben's disposal by foot isn't great either.

Fair enough , if you want to personalise it yes it is. Haven’t missed one game by any team in full by replay or live for over 7 years, fantasy footy happens to be my thing. With that in mind reckon I have seen 200 hrs + of him and hours of stat work , your good self ? So back to your view, put forward your case for Marshall being so lowly rated and at odds with almost everybody or are you going to continue twisting the argument ?

OK. That was always likely, as in fantasy background

While the AFL debates the merits of trading 2 years into the future and how to manage salary cap trades, in the NBA there were multiple trades involving 2031 draft picks and at least 1 trade where one side received nothing except the players off their books.

Key difference is the players - unless specifically negotiated in their contract - have no say in when or where they will be traded

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back