List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon.

I understand the heartache and frustration, but has there ever been a contracted player cut early and paid out (already pretty rare).who had also just been moved onto the leadership list?

It's just not gonna happen.

Didn't we effectively do it with Gibbs, just couldn't afford it, so he remained on the list, but didn't stay at the club? His leadership was also lauded, which made turfing him from the club a little interesting.

Interesting to see how Will Phillips goes today.

I was keen on him in his draft .year but appears to have been Norfed badly.

If he came cheap would add some midfield depth
Does he offer anything real point of difference to Crouch or Laird? He seems very similar to both of them from the little I’ve seen

We're in some trouble, we have coaching/list management groups that believe that we've got a list that requires only minor improvement. In reality we need to see a lot of change. Need all the below tried players delisted if we can't get a something via trade. It's a big list and doesn't even look at guys who haven't had a crack that are ptobably not up to it either. Or players who might be looking to get ut like Berg. I'd be paying contracted player salaries to maximise trade value. And I'd be taking whatever we can get. 2 more years after this down the bottom developing a contending list rather than going full throttle at returning to 10th ASAP.

Tex - retired unless he can run out a strong end of season
Sloane
McHenry
Murphy
ROB
Smith
Keays
Laird and/or Crouch
Parnell
Yeah, absolutely paying part of contracts

Who were the seniors tonight? Laird got best on (thought he was about 4th best personally)

I guess Murphy and Keays, Dawson, Fog perhaps? They would be the only other seniors or did I miss someone?
No ROB, Smith, Sloane, Crouch, Milera or Walker and that’s about the extent of our seniors.

Of those - you could drop Murphy in a heart beat. Keays could be dropped.

But both play those forward roles - so if you bring in Taylor, Curtin, Ryan or Edwards which seniors are you dropping that played last night?

Unfortunately we have about 15 midfielders on our squad and they can’t all play midfield

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Laird was a complete liability after qtr time, and if you thought he was in our best 4 players on the evening, there’s very little more to discuss. Dunstall and King absolutely lambasted him for his repeated boneheaded mistakes.

These idiots who list “best players” in match reports blatantly just look at stats and pay no attention to what players actually do with the ball. Derrrp, 34 touches, derp go Lairdy. The repeated handballs to players surrounded by swans, kicks to nobody, panicked kicks out on the full, 20m passes that float over a crow head etc are just unbelievable to see from a senior player. He was so bad that Nicks moved him to defence, where unfortunately his woeful disposal was even more exposed.

Our best players on the night were:
Rankine
Hinge
Butts
Hamill
Soligo
Rachele

Basically everyone else was somewhere between “average” and “terrible”. Laird was closer to terrible and needs to join the Brodie Smith pile asap if this club is ever going to move forward.

So yes, you drop Laird, and bring in Taylor to play MIDFIELD.

TRADED or FREE AGENT
Elliot Himmelberg - free agent GWS
ROB - traded to Victoria
Ned McHenry - trade/delist
Mark Keane - traded rookie

RETIRED
Brodie Smith
Rory Sloane

DELISTED
Chris Burgess
Lachlan Gollant
Hugh Bond
[Patrick Parnell (R)]

MOVES TO ROOKIE LIST
Keiran Strachan

FIRED
Scott Burns
Michael Godden
Adam Kelly

ARRIVALS
Tim English - Free Agent
Harry Perryman - Free Agent
Caleb Daniel - nothing pick
Jack Lukosius - future first
Package later picks up - Brisbane/Carlton first round pick
Two first round pick midfielders
Tyler Welsh - scraps from draft

STAFF
Hayden Skipworth - Head of Football
Matthew Nicks – Senior Coach
Ben Rutten – Senior Assistant Coach
TBD - Forwards Coach
TBD – Midfield Coach
Jack Hombsch – Backs Coach

Nathan van Berlo – SANFL and Development
Marco Bello – Head of Development
Do you think Victoria u18 would take ROB?

TRADED or FREE AGENT
ROB - traded to Victoria

RETIRED
Brodie Smith
Rory Sloane

DELISTED
Chris Burgess
Lachlan Gollant
Hugh Bond
[Patrick Parnell (R)]

MOVES TO ROOKIE LIST
Keiran Strachan

FIRED
Scott Burns
Michael Godden
Adam Kelly

ARRIVALS
Tim English - Free Agent

STAFF
TBD - Forwards Coach
TBD – Midfield Coach

You have to cut off the head of the snake to kill it.

Matthew Nicks – Senior Coach :sick:

TRADED or FREE AGENT
ROB - traded to Victoria

RETIRED
Brodie Smith
Rory Sloane

DELISTED
Chris Burgess
Lachlan Gollant
Hugh Bond
[Patrick Parnell (R)]

MOVES TO ROOKIE LIST
Keiran Strachan

FIRED
Scott Burns
Michael Godden
Adam Kelly

ARRIVALS
Tim English - Free Agent

STAFF
TBD - Forwards Coach
TBD – Midfield Coach

Doubt we’ll get English, though it’s surprising he hasn’t re-signed yet

Moyle and Perryman are still the main two I’m looking at. No to Luko for a future first. Would take Battle (if that rumour is correct) if we decide to let Keane go

Nicks has to go for all these moves to be worth anything, btw

Why does this board suddenly think Powell is any good?

We need Tassie to come in and save us from wasting any more games on Chayce Jones.

As for McHenry, I hear Elizabeth div6 are struggling this year. Could be a win win move.

We're in some trouble, we have coaching/list management groups that believe that we've got a list that requires only minor improvement. In reality we need to see a lot of change. Need all the below tried players delisted if we can't get a something via trade. It's a big list and doesn't even look at guys who haven't had a crack that are ptobably not up to it either. Or players who might be looking to get ut like Berg. I'd be paying contracted player salaries to maximise trade value. And I'd be taking whatever we can get. 2 more years after this down the bottom developing a contending list rather than going full throttle at returning to 10th ASAP.

Tex - retired unless he can run out a strong end of season
Sloane
McHenry
Murphy
ROB
Smith
Keays
Laird and/or Crouch
Parnell
Tex should retire. Hes in his last 20 games, we’re not playing finals this year or next. just rip the band aid off and find new avenues to goal.

LOL Kristof overheating the play station again...

Is he though, he's offered up 4 trades. Talk that both Keane and ROB might be interested in moving to VIC. He's got McHenry as a trade/delist, he's currently playing 2s and would be lucky to get another contract. And Berg, who we know tried to get to GWS last year. And is now an unrestricted FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he though, he's offered up 4 trades. Talk that both Keane and ROB might be interested in moving to VIC. He's got McHenry as a trade/delist, he's currently playing 2s and would be lucky to get another contract. And Berg, who we know tried to get to GWS last year. And is now an unrestricted FA.
Woooshhhh

ARRIVALS
Tim English - Free Agent

Tex should retire. Hes in his last 20 games, we’re not playing finals this year or next. just rip the band aid off and find new avenues to goal.

100% this, he gets a farewell game/s but the rest of the season should be about building a forward line without him. I think guys like Fog has learnt all he can from him.

TRADED or FREE AGENT
ROB - traded to Victoria

RETIRED
Brodie Smith
Rory Sloane

DELISTED
Chris Burgess
Lachlan Gollant
Hugh Bond
[Patrick Parnell (R)]

MOVES TO ROOKIE LIST
Keiran Strachan

FIRED
Scott Burns
Michael Godden
Adam Kelly

ARRIVALS
Tim English - Free Agent

STAFF
TBD - Forwards Coach
TBD – Midfield Coach

there's a lot of fantasy in here (there's no way we achieve even 30% of these changes) but i dont mind a lot of this.

but... i dont want Keane to become the fall guy for losing by 7 goals to the best team in the comp even if he's had a bad fortnight. our defense has been solid all year, i hope we keep him.

Laura Kane saying there is a big chance they will change the points system for father/sons this year. We should tear down AFL house. Tired of the non football gender based appointments. Clubs are fuming in Vic and we should be one of those. If this gets through we would need to use our first on Welsh

Laura Kane saying there is a big chance they will change the points system for father/sons this year. We should tear down AFL house. Tired of the non football gender based appointments. Clubs are fuming in Vic and we should be one of those. If this gets through we would need to use our first on Welsh
It's highly unlikely that we would need to use our first on Welsh, given that our 1st is likely to be inside the top-5, and there's very little chance of a Welsh bid occurring before pick #10. You can't be forced to use picks you've already used to select a player.

What is possible is that we could be forced to live trade for a pick in the 2nd round, in order to match a Welsh bid (assuming we don't already have a suitable pick).

What’s this got to do with gender?

Woooshhhh

ARRIVALS
Tim English - Free Agent
You do know that ALL of those have been rumoured, right?

Trades DO happen, Bicks. And successful clubs do that and more every year.

I have no idea why every year you come into the trade thread and shit on people suggesting trades. No one goes into your draft thread and shits on players you think we might draft - "there's Mutineer, playing pretend scout again!"

You complain about VERY realistic trade proposals - and meanwhile there's a stack more ACTUAL trades that happen than anyone ever suggests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back