List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I do rate Butts as a poor man Talia.... He just seems indecisive with his decision making when disposing the ball and turns it over.
slow.... wouldn't matter to much.... Talia wasn't fast either.
He is not slow and I suggest you go check out his kicking efficiency as well. He may not be overly adventerous with his disposal but he is not a turnover merchant.

For people's information thay may not be aware Pie For Life on this site is Rookie Me AFL head honcho Peter Williams, here's his write up from the 2017 Big Footy Phantom Draft.

Capture.PNG

1721281578777.png

Last edited:

I think this is where we don’t give ROB enough credit. He looks incredibly uncoordinated, however, for most of his career he’s been ranked highly in tackles, contested marks and clearances.
He’s not just a dinosaur that wins hit outs.

Even still, why does what you say justify spending a large amount of cap to get English. Ruck is just not that important of a position, and you can get good options quite cheaply, you just need to be willing to invest time and a couple list spots (which we haven’t for some reason).

We still like to keep a bunch of not quite AFL quality players that are fit and drilled on the list. Even this year we are tight for list spots, adding a developing ruck with a latish pick and retaining a backup seems a stretch. Don't forget we're planning on playing finals, this year was an aberration caused by injuries and a bad umpiring event against Essendon. I just don't think we're prepared to cut deep enough to be able to add a 3rd ruck to our list. Unless we trade ahead of Welsh bid and select one around the 20 mark.

Does anyone else think that Himmelberg is better Ruck than he gets credit for?
We have never had a look what our team looks like with mobile ruck options. Concede the hit outs but gain an advantage in general play.

We've always had a genuine tap ruckman take the bulk of the hit outs, playing 90% game time. Surely you'd at least have a look in seasons you're well out of the finals?

We still like to keep a bunch of not quite AFL quality players that are fit and drilled on the list. Even this year we are tight for list spots, adding a developing ruck with a latish pick and retaining a backup seems a stretch. Don't forget we're planning on playing finals, this year was an aberration caused by injuries and a bad umpiring event against Essendon. I just don't think we're prepared to cut deep enough to be able to add a 3rd ruck to our list. Unless we trade ahead of Welsh bid and select one around the 20 mark.

Players out of contract this year

Smith, Burgess, Himmelberg, Bond, Borlase, Gollant, McHenry, Parnell, Sloane, Berry, Walker and Hamill.

Smith probably hits his trigger.
Can’t see us getting rid of Bond after debuting him.
Berry has done enough to get another contract and I can’t see us not giving one to Walker.

Sloane already gone, get rid of Hamill, Parnell, Gollant and McHenry. Himmelberg probably leaves. I think we only need to keep one of Borlase and Burgess. That means we have six remaining spots. Welsh and our first pick takes another. The idea that we can’t invest one of those other four spots to a young developing ruck is silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time we had a key backman average 17 disposals
Thing is his trajectory this year has been off the scale when you consider he is still learning the game, has been between Ireland and Australia through Covid and playing Gaelic . A couple of pre seasons and dedicated training and he becomes scary good imo.

Players out of contract this year

Smith, Burgess, Himmelberg, Bond, Borlase, Gollant, McHenry, Parnell, Sloane, Berry, Walker and Hamill.

Smith probably hits his trigger.
Can’t see us getting rid of Bond after debuting him.
Berry has done enough to get another contract and I can’t see us not giving one to Walker.

Sloane already gone, get rid of Hamill, Parnell, Gollant and McHenry. Himmelberg probably leaves. I think we only need to keep one of Borlase and Burgess. That means we have six remaining spots. Welsh and our first pick takes another. The idea that we can’t invest one of those other four spots to a young developing ruck is silly.
Keep Hamill.

Butts barely
Lol. I based my comment on being a member and being at games every 2 weeks, having watched him for a number of years. I don’t base my opinions on anyone else’s.
Butts barely loses a contest let alone gets goals kicked on him. He's a guarantee that the opposition's best tall forward won't hurt us. Can't really ask for more than that.

Why do ppl think just because someone's out of the side it's a guarantee they'll be delisted. Sholl was a regular, then he was on the outer for almost a whole season and then was re signed. Crouch similar. Hamill similar.

People also reckon Gollant will be delisted but how long did it take fog to come good? He's just hit some good form in the twos now as well. Won't be surprised if he gets another 2 years.

We have never had a look what our team looks like with mobile ruck options. Concede the hit outs but gain an advantage in general play.

We've always had a genuine tap ruckman take the bulk of the hit outs, playing 90% game time. Surely you'd at least have a look in seasons you're well out of the finals?
Geelong which plays two mobile ruckmen would be the game where I'd do this.

I'm surprised he didn't list down Worrell and Fogarty as being elite since he listed Georgiades....???
really, as we sit right now, they have 3 genuine PROVEN elites (JHF, Rozee, Butters) in that age group, and we have 1 (Rankine). He is just being "nice" in writing that there are more

But we're not out of finals, we're a mathematical chance...

and when we're no longer that, we'll be shaping the eight, definitely not the time for experimenting with a move that has the potential to move us from the exalted position we find ourselves in

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back