Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a propaganda merchant. That's a massive ad hominem.

There's not some rule where you have to be a certain level of disagreeable about the club before your opinions are just as valid as anyone else's.
It’s got nothing to do with my opinions at all! He just backs the club on pretty much everything that why I said it.

It’s got nothing to do with my opinions at all! He just backs the club on pretty much everything that why I said it.
If anything he’s more against the club and the chief is a bit more glass half empty. You’re wrong there.

Just listen to the latest Restump podcast (recorded before the Port game)

Geez with fans like that..
Absolute weaklings. One crying we should sign Jlo for two years now. “I really like Jlo”

Can we just wait and see if Jlo can get this team winning first 🥴 hate our fan base being content with mediocrity.
Crying? Bit of a weird interpretation... but yeah, totally agree with you, they're the worst.

Clearly he's got NFI then!

Let’s be honest the headline makes do suspicious.

Beveridge could probably play Bont at full back, English at CHF and Bailey Smith (yes, with his ACL) at full forward and they still wouldn’t be as sh** as I expect West Coast, North and Hawthorn to be.

Realistically I might be very wrong on one of those three teams (there’s always surprises) but all three - Nah.

Beveridge could probably play Bont at full back, English at CHF and Bailey Smith (yes, with his ACL) at full forward and they still wouldn’t be as sh** as I expect West Coast, North and Hawthorn to be.

Realistically I might be very wrong on one of those three teams (there’s always surprises) but all three - Nah.
Reckon Bont would shred as a full back. Big enough, good hands, great on the deck and great distribution.

I'm pretty sure WC will be in their own tier this year and those other two clubs should take offense to this. If any club finishes below WC they will need to move to Tassie

Reckon Bont would shred as a full back. Big enough, good hands, great on the deck and great distribution.

I was trying to think of a bad position for him outside of the VFL. He’s such a gun though that I’m not sure I was ever going to be overly successful doing so.

I honestly think in a world where Beveridge picked their best available side but did everything possible to make that side lose they wouldn’t finish last over some of the teams listed above. The level of talent is so different any amount of bizarre positional changes and benching star players - Maybe if they tried our game plan from the first month of last season on top of that they might get close.

I was trying to think of a bad position for him outside of the VFL. He’s such a gun though that I’m not sure I was ever going to be overly successful doing so.

I honestly think in a world where Beveridge picked their best available side but did everything possible to make that side lose they wouldn’t finish last over some of the teams listed above.
100%

Bevo is unhinged and it would annoy the **** out of me if he was our coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure WC will be in their own tier this year and those other two clubs should take offense to this. If any club finishes below WC they will need to move to Tassie

From what I’ve seen I think West Coast is the worst team in the league tbh but the other two do have some worrying injuries and if they get too much more, especially when playing West Coast, they could give them a run for their money.

It would probably be considered probable that one of Hawthorn and North actually improve and get 8-10 wins tbh. Your guess is as good as mine which one though.

From what I’ve seen I think West Coast is the worst team in the league tbh but the other two do have some worrying injuries and if they get too much more, especially when playing West Coast, they could give them a run for their money.

It would probably be considered probable that one of Hawthorn and North actually improve and get 8-10 wins tbh. Your guess is as good as mine which one though.
Topical, but I doubt it is North given how inexperienced they are but then the Hawks just lost half the team.

North will improve a bit this year.

Could win a few early and get 8-10. Larkey is a great target up front and (without seeing them yet) few are talking about there no ****s given ball movement which might catch a few out and give Larkey some one on ones. Larkey for the Coleman for mine.

North will improve a bit this year.

Could win a few early and get 8-10. Larkey is a great target up front and (without seeing them yet) few are talking about there no *s given ball movement which might catch a few out and give Larkey some one on ones. Larkey for the Coleman for mine.
Problem for north is their backline, it’s weak to begin with and they’ve got some injuries.

Really tough year to pick once you get past eagles, hawks and north.

Topical, but I doubt it is North given how inexperienced they are but then the Hawks just lost half the team.

I think North will have a lot of players playing for them that are in their first or second year tbh so yes, experience will be lacking from around a third of the team. Sheezel is such a gun he might not count though.

The standard of KPDs likely to be trying to stop forward entries given their injuries is extremely concerning too.

Freo can’t use the inexperience excuse like these teams. Use it to be optimistic about us going from say 10th this year to top 4 in 2-3 years but it should not just come out as an excuse when we aren’t going as well as we expect.

I think North will have a lot of players playing for them that are in their first or second year tbh so yes, experience will be lacking from around a third of the team. Sheezel is such a gun he might not count though.

The standard of KPDs likely to be trying to stop forward entries given their injuries is extremely concerning too.

Freo can’t use the inexperience excuse like these teams. Use it to be optimistic about us going from say 10th this year to top 4 in 2-3 years but it should put just come out as an excuse when we aren’t going as well as we expect.
No disagreement around Sheezel, and he'll have help from some of the other top end picks.

I agree we are not in the same boat as North, and it is evident from the extra 7 wins and 25%. But, you don't go from being North levels of inexperienced straight to experienced. There is a gradient and we're right there with the Hawks based on last year.

No disagreement around Sheezel, and he'll have help from some of the other top end picks.

I agree we are not in the same boat as North, and it is evident from the extra 7 wins and 25%. But, you don't go from being North levels of inexperienced straight to experienced. There is a gradient and we're right there with the Hawks based on last year.

We’re 2-3 years ahead of the Hawks imo.

Even when you look at the youngsters playing last year ours were all second and third year players. They had a lot of first year players playing.

We’re at the point where we need to see our guys become AFL level players (that doesn’t mean hitting their peak) and filling one or two last gaps. They’re one or two big drafts away from having the talent we’ve got imo - if anything they’ve got slightly more experienced players they need to phase out too.

We’re 2-3 years ahead of the Hawks imo.

Even when you look at the youngsters playing last year ours were all second and third year players. They had a lot of first year players playing.

We’re at the point where we need to see our guys become AFL level players (that doesn’t mean hitting their peak) and filling one or two last gaps. They’re one or two big drafts away from having the talent we’ve got imo - if anything they’ve got slightly more experienced players they need to phase out too.
They had two 1st year players playing, their two first rounders. Neither played the full season either (14 and 17). 2 others played 2 games each.

Ras and Johnno did similar. So I'll give you 1 year behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back