Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i want to know what type of Charter plane flys for 4 hours non stop

Seems like very big plane for just the Freo team and support staff

If it a smaller plane how far can it fly? and why didnt it stop for water
giphy-8.gif

It's Jaegar O'Meara this week

He’s a really quality guy, I know a lot of us were scratching our heads as to why we got him, but I think he is a good head to have around our young group. Not just the on field experience but also his experience at dealing with adversity and his maturity and level headedness off field.

A lot of smaller planes can cover that distance no probs...

Probably plane crew forgot to fil up water...that is all it is.

Often wondered why we couldn’t team up with Eagles and get a specific charter plane set up with less seats / more room, injury recovery beds etc.
Would allow us (and the slime on alternate weeks) to fly direct to wherever we play and home at the exact time we wish in comfort.
Could hire it out to Cricket / basketball/soccer teams, Female teams etc etc. Could even be subsidised by bringing the Eastern States team playing here over as well.
Obviously not cheap but surely we’d be able to do this outside of the cap if it stacked up financially?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Often wondered why we couldn’t team up with Eagles and get a specific charter plane set up with less seats / more room, injury recovery beds etc.
Would allow us (and the slime on alternate weeks) to fly direct to wherever we play and home at the exact time we wish in comfort.
Could hire it out to Cricket / basketball/soccer teams, Female teams etc etc. Could even be subsidised by bringing the Eastern States team playing here over as well.
Obviously not cheap but surely we’d be able to do this outside of the cap if it stacked up financially?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Those planes are around $100mil+....And in order to be profitable need to fly 15-20 hours a day...If not it would generate big loses...

It’s hard to believe Adrian Barich, the number one eagles Nuffie in Perth, has been our biggest champion for this injustice.
His podcasts this week with Glen Quartermain were interesting listening. You can tell Quarters has such a Victorian attitude to the whole debacle around us repeatedly playing in Launceston.

He’s a duplicitous piece of shit, quarters. The worst type of snide journo that pretends he’s in agreement with the freo cause but deep down he hates us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a really quality guy, I know a lot of us were scratching our heads as to why we got him, but I think he is a good head to have around our young group. Not just the on field experience but also his experience at dealing with adversity and his maturity and level headedness off field.
He speaks really well and his story is an inspiration. I love how much he has converted to Freo :)

Last edited:

We went on the chartered plane Freo took to Avalon in 2013. I think it might have been a Virgin aircraft, but chartered for that purpose.

It’s hard to believe Adrian Barich, the number one eagles Nuffie in Perth, has been our biggest champion for this injustice.
His podcasts this week with Glen Quartermain were interesting listening. You can tell Quarters has such a Victorian attitude to the whole debacle around us repeatedly playing in Launceston.

He’s a duplicitous piece of shit, quarters. The worst type of snide journo that pretends he’s in agreement with the freo cause but deep down he hates us

Think you are reading far too much into what Quarters had to say, he simply let his co-host go hard and was just playing the straight bat. Barra is a nuff and gets far too emotional with the WA v the East rhetoric, Quarters just adds a bit more of a level headed approach.

If we had 2019 Fyfe and 2019 Walters in this team we would win the premiership this year

Just a random thought that popped into my head, real hard to argue against it
And if we had 2002 Pavlich at CHB, 2009 Pavlich onball, 2005 Pavlich at CHF and 2012 Pavlich at FF we'd win every year. Think about it.

Kane’s new big brained take- Brennan Cox is surplus to our needs and we should be looking to trade him on

images (11).jpeg

Here (well actually at the bottom below my gratuitous diatribe) is another gem from the ABC boys with a deep dive into contested possessions. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I dig this stuff.

Science is often taught with over simplifications. For example a primary school kid will be taught there are three states of matter (it's not earth, air and fire.)

Then later you find out about a thing called plasma. This is primarily useful for quiz nights as it doesn't really have any useful applications in day to day life. And that's that, there are four states of matter: solid, liquid, gaseous and plasma.

Then one day you hear a podcast or see a fun fact about scientists finding a new state of matter so you google "how many states of matter are there?" and it gets really confusing.

I was left with the thought that maybe our understanding of the world as being made of air, earth and fire gives us a better way to navigate the world than knowing there is something called a Bose-Einstein condensate.

However, knowing that there are more than five, perhaps as many as twenty something, gives me a pleasantly smug type of feeling.

So anyway, here is the link:

Last edited:
Kane’s new big brained take- Brennan Cox is surplus to our needs and we should be looking to trade him on

Draper has shown that he will be a best 22 defender in the next year or so, I wouldn't be trading Cox this year but not against trading him down the line when Draper is ready to play a full season.

Will add, it depends how APs body holds up. Our window is open for the next 3-4 years and we should be trying to improve where possible. If that means trading Cox in order for Draper to play and we can use the capital on something we need I'm all for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back