Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:

Everyone is right in saying we need a good key fwd. However, you aren't getting one in this draft, so no point burning a pick on Scaife who is genuinely not much chop at the level he is currently playing at. Bring in Payne, he accumulates, applies pressure (which our fwds don't), and can kick goals.

We have already wasted pick after pick in the mid-season drafts because he picked to fit a need. These are the drafts where you need to get someone who is killing it.

North can get a player who will be a solid key fwd in the national draft, there are plenty in this draft for a change. So don't waste a pick on a spud who will be immediately surpassed at the end of the year when they select a far better key fwd.

Everyone is right in saying we need a good key fwd. However, you aren't getting one in this draft, so no point burning a pick on Scaife who is genuinely not much chop at the level he is currently playing at. Bring in Payne, he accumulates, applies pressure (which our fwds don't), and can kick goals.

We have already wasted pick after pick in the mid-season drafts because he picked to fit a need. These are the drafts where you need to get someone who is killing it.

North can get a player who will be a solid key fwd in the national draft, there are plenty in this draft for a change. So don't waste a pick on a spud who will be immediately surpassed at the end of the year when they select a far better key fwd.

Howes and Scaife are 19 & 20 respectively. They both had their reasons for not being picked in their draft years but you are drafting them for upside potential not immediate impact.

Live game in WA. West Perth's Scaife has kicked 2.1 to half time against Swan Districts. Game is now viewable on AFL site.
And he finished with 2.1. First time he's kicked multiple goals in six weeks.

Did very little in the second half as Swans rolled over them, played a bit of ruck, not sure he got a hit-out in the time I was watching (most of the third quarter).

He didn't do anything that said potential AFL player.

And he finished with 2.1. First time he's kicked multiple goals in six weeks.

Did very little in the second half as Swans rolled over them, played a bit of ruck, not sure he got a hit-out in the time I was watching (most of the third quarter).

He didn't do anything that said potential AFL player.
One hit out for the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft watchers will correct me if I'm wrong but these solid key forwards in this year's draft are ranked around 10+. Are you suggesting we burn pick 1 or 2 on someone ranked 10+? Or do we hope that someone will give us two picks around 10+ for our pick 1 or 2?

Draft watchers will correct me if I'm wrong but these solid key forwards in this year's draft are ranked around 10+. Are you suggesting we
Howes, Payne, Scaife and Blight are the highest rated prospects. Howes and Scaife are right up there

No matter who we select it's not going to make an ounce of difference.

The issues are all over the joint. It's actually ****ed how bad the club let it get to before it finally got some attention.
Think of it like a severe wound: In the pitch-black, the club hastily shoved whatever it could in there to stem the bleeding. They are now realising that instead of sterile gauze, the club used soiled toilet paper, and now a septic infection has spread to most major organ centres and the club is now teetering on life support!

How is it that we picked up Lindsay Thomas for pick 54 and Matt Campbell in the rookie draft so easily back in 2006 and yet the club has neither succeeded or attempted to draft an actual crumbing forward since?

No, but Larkey did today.
626d7879fa9a384ac5fcc1acc350f768.gif

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Cannot bring myself to get excited about yet another MSD recruit after watching us select the likes of Lachie Hosie, Robert Hansen Jr, Jacob Edwards, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back