List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

What a nasty post.
Coming from a bloke that’s posted some of the nastiest snarkiest stuff I’ve seen on this forum in the past, I find that pretty rich. Trying to get the moral high ground on another thread because I called out your rubbish elsewhere is super petty btw.

Coming from a bloke that’s posted some of the nastiest snarkiest stuff I’ve seen on this forum in the past, I find that pretty rich. Trying to get the moral high ground on another thread because I called out your rubbish elsewhere is super petty btw.
Well, Apex, I reckon you have me well and truly covered for snark.
It’s your specialty, you love to feel superior.

I'd be happy to draft Brynn Teakle for immediate needs. Seems sensible given our ruck situation at VFL.

Happy also to give a player like Lachlan Voss a go in addition and try and develop him.
200cm, just turned 19yo on Sandy Dragons list as an over ager.

Missed the start of last season with a foot injury sustained in Rd 1 so they gave him a go again.
By end of the 2023 season he played as a premiership key back for them and picked up the tall forwards who were too quick for Ollie Murphy eg Nate Caddy.
Was in the best a couple of weeks ago when they last played, after surgery in the off season for the foot injury.
He has a good leap and ran a 6.11 2k time trial last pre-season.
Also played junior football as a ruck/forward and kicked bags of goals at u18 level. Was leading the SMJFL goal kicking early in 2022 before heading to play senior football at Port Melb to develop him for a shot at Coates League football given he didn't attend an APS school.
Could easily develop into a swingman tall.

He’s got some sort of trainee/student position at the club and thinks he’s privy to our draft and trading strategy now apparently.
Happy to have a private conversation with you mate.

I haven’t claimed to know our drafting strategy. Very few people do.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t take some educated guesses. You yourself have relatively senior links to the club (think you’ve mentioned Peter Daicos?). I may have my own? Journalists? Mates of certain people? Actual insiders?

There’s no need to be rude about my role. You don’t know what I do.

So back on topic, I think we’ll target young talent in the MSD to develop. We have enough depth that can be moved around if an AFL ruck is needed and our end of year recruitment strategy will focus on senior bodies. But if we liked something, well there’s the beauty of draft night.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t take some educated guesses. You yourself have relatively senior links to the club (think you’ve mentioned Peter Daicos?). I may have my own? Journalists? Mates of certain people? Actual insiders?

So back on topic, I think we’ll target young talent in the MSD to develop. We have enough depth that can be moved around if an AFL ruck is needed and our end of year recruitment strategy will focus on senior bodies. But if we liked something, well there’s the beauty of draft night.
I can see us taking a young guy in the MSD. I just think that we might need a back up ruck because the cupboard is bare. I don't like the idea of moving Frampton around because he's been so good. Dean is coming along nicely but needs games. freddy is a scary proposition in the ruck because he just finds a way to get injured and i would prefer he stays at FF in the VFL. We also have eyre to come. however, I'm expecting another shock from hine and wouldn't be surprised if they go for youth

So “extra midseason pick” as in we’re taking two players?
I doubt we'll go in with many that we want to add to the list. But why not open up the option in case someone we like gets to our second pick.

I can see us taking a young guy in the MSD. I just think that we might need a back up ruck because the cupboard is bare. I don't like the idea of moving Frampton around because he's been so good. Dean is coming along nicely but needs games. freddy is a scary proposition in the ruck because he just finds a way to get injured and i would prefer he stays at FF in the VFL. We also have eyre to come. however, I'm expecting another shock from hine and wouldn't be surprised if they go for youth
I just think we have to take a mature ruck or forward for immediate depth. And I think we'll have a pretty short list of guys that we're interested in for the longer term.

Well if there’s one thing everyone across BigFooty can agree on, it’s that Hine likes to have a draft surprise or two or three.

Downie. We won’t take him. As I said, I’d be surprised if we take a mature ager. I’ll include the additional reason that the AFL side has rucks set and forget, back-ups are pieces we can move around.

Long no guarantee. Where does he fit into addressing a list need?
We need a ruck imo. It has to be a mature age player, because need someone who can play the role straight away. The VFL needs a first ruck and even more importantly we need someone to cover Cox or Cameron if they go down and I would prefer we keep Frampton in the backline.

Edit: nvm everyone else has already said the same.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Tess being going any good since we passed him over earlier this year?

Where’s he been playing? (and I’m not talking about in a pocket with the other testicles) - but what team/league?
East Fremantle, and performing really well.

Last edited:
Well if there’s one thing everyone across BigFooty can agree on, it’s that Hine likes to have a draft surprise or two or three.
Hine takes best available, and that’s exactly what he should be doing. Id rather another small forward that plays 200 games than project ruck/forward/back that amounts to nothing.

I’ve never ever claimed to have a link to Peter Daicos. All I’ve ever said is that I met him at a sportsman’s day, and he happened to mention Jordy wouldn’t be playing that week, which he was correct about.

The Begg injury has shifted my thinking on what we do here. Unlike others I’m not convinced that it’s necessarily Teakle the catch is without a mid season trade period alternatives look thin on the ground for ready made types. I’m also opposed to the thought of carrying 5 ruckmen on the list, but taking the bigger picture view the writings on the wall for Begg and his ability to hold a list spot for 2025.

How good would it be to be able to go to Essendon or GC in a couple of weeks to lock away a Bryan or Moyle as opposed to the pot luck of a draft…

The Begg injury has shifted my thinking on what we do here. Unlike others I’m not convinced that it’s necessarily Teakle the catch is without a mid season trade period alternatives look thin on the ground for ready made types. I’m also opposed to the thought of carrying 5 ruckmen on the list, but taking the bigger picture view the writings on the wall for Begg and his ability to hold a list spot for 2025.

How good would it be to be able to go to Essendon or GC in a couple of weeks to lock away a Bryan or Moyle as opposed to the pot luck of a draft…
I have no doubt that Hine will have already made up his mind on the MSD. I don't like the idea of moving Frampton to the ruck because he's playing so well in defence. Freddy in the ruck has my finger permanently close to ringing 000. We still have Eyre to come back also. It's a conundrum because atm, we have no ruck for the VFL. I just hope we don't take a young ruckman to develop and waste the pick. This one is really hard to predict and if if it comes down to picking a young ruckman, I would prefer a midfielder from a state league who we could develop further, ( As long as he has pace)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back