Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There is an obvious scenario.

Zurhaar leaves and we get Band 1 and replace him with Lalor.

In that scenario I’d only be drafting one of them, I’d probably attempt to trade back with the other pick and get Tranior/Whitlocks + change

Geelong being the obvious suitor if they really want FOS and get Band 1 for Stengle

It will hit the media cycle in a few months, but I can see picks blowing out by 6-7 spots this trade period.

A Zurhaar compo pick could quite possibly be the most valuable pick of the entire year, as it will likely be unaffected by all FA compo, academy and FS bids, unlike everyone else’s.

Geelongs Stengle compo could lose 5 spots.
I think Zurhaar is a long way from gone yet. I would be surprised if he is not with us next year and a few years longer.

what have Lalors injuries been this year?
Bone bruising in his foot, hip injury and he has had issues with his lower back related to cricket. He is a gun cricketer too.

So where is this Lalor likely to fall in the draft? Top 3?

He was always going top 10 (I had ranked at 8 in my July rankings), but if he has a good couple of champs games and gets some continuity in the 2nd half of this year he could easily push into the top 5 considering how even it is.

There is an obvious scenario.

Zurhaar leaves and we get Band 1 and replace him with Lalor.

In that scenario I’d only be drafting one of them, I’d probably attempt to trade back with the other pick and get Tranior/Whitlocks + change

Geelong being the obvious suitor if they really want FOS and get Band 1 for Stengle

It will hit the media cycle in a few months, but I can see picks blowing out by 6-7 spots this trade period.

A Zurhaar compo pick could quite possibly be the most valuable pick of the entire year, as it will likely be unaffected by all FA compo, academy and FS bids, unlike everyone else’s.

Geelongs Stengle compo could lose 5 spots.
Wait, why is Geelong getting compo for someone who is a DFA and only been at the club for two years?

he was in the top 10 of some early early mocks thought wasnt he? so he hasnt come from no where?
Quite possibly "Fart", again lots of people have differing opinions on Sam and so that is why we have a huge divide on where he actually ranks in this years draft, early in the season he hurt his hip and later on had foot problems, so that is possibly why he has slipped back down the order on some peoples boards. The thing is, you don't lose your ability!

Bone bruising in his foot, hip injury and he has had issues with his lower back related to cricket. He is a gun cricketer too.

He was always going top 10 (I had ranked at 8 in my July rankings), but if he has a good couple of champs games and gets some continuity in the 2nd half of this year he could easily push into the top 5 considering how even it is.

Is he Greek?

Just saying, Greeks are the German Shepherds of the lumbardic gene pool. :stern look

Just revisiting last year's junior highlights.

As a bottom ager this kid Finn O'Sullivan ripped them apart. A clear number 1.

Has the bounce and baulk like LDU.
Has the long striding speed and balance like McKercher.
Has the booming 60m kick.
Is a deceptively good mark.
He is a complete footballer.

1. Finn.
2. Smile.
3. Trainor.
4. Jaeger.
5. Whitlock.
6. Lalor (absolute bull midfielder).
7. O'Farrell

If we end up with pick 1 and can somehow split the pick and end up with 2 of the above we have won draft night.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Finn.
2. Smile.
3. Trainor.
4. Jaeger.
5. Whitlock.
7. O'Farrell

If we end up with pick 1 and can somehow split the pick and end up with 2 of the above we have won draft night.

If saints got pick 5 and 6 for battle we could swap 1 for 5and6 get Lalor and whitlock

Last edited:

1. Finn.
2. Smile.
3. Trainor.
4. Jaeger.

5. Whitlock.
7. O'Farrell

Trainor plus Jaeger or Whitlock would do it for me to trade pick #1..not sure how it could be done though..

Trainor plus Jaeger or Whitlock would do it for me to trade pick #1..not sure how it could be done though..
Jaeger gets the ball but how often does his team retain it - big time pass from me.

I’d rather Lalor from the limited footage I’ve seen

Wouldn’t bank on that, particularly if they tweak criteria to allow for contract duration.

Battle I think is very likely, Zurhaar a wait and see.
If Cam has a big 4-6 weeks I could see him jagging a massive contract.

Players like him aren't common and a side on the up will see him is a potential missing piece.

Pies, Essendon, Saints, Dees - I could see them all having a decent crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back