Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jayden Nyugen would make a great small defender, dashing, makes good decision.

Kako...we can't miss again on a clever, crumbling and pressure small forward.

Worried about them being Essendon NGA...whatever, they won't change the NGA rules this year so suffer in ya jocks scum, don't think they'll be there at pick 41, at least not Kako.

Smillie was average, not bad but not great maybe the conditions regardless, if he is to be No.1, he should have been better.

Jagga continues to prove to me he is the best pure midfielder in this state at least. Yeah he has defensive deficiencies but he's a distributor not a grunt.

Trainor and Shanahan would be great targets.

Bring on Country v SA
Kako hopefully at our second pick in the 20s

How’d trainor go?
Didn’t have much of an impact. The first half was pretty wet and he dropped a few marks that he’d usually swallow. Little bit less composed from compared to previous outings.

They need to change the academy rules asap

Only match bids outside top 40 for all academies not just vic ones
They won’t do that for GC/Syd/GWS or Brisbane. They’ve invested too much in those areas and the AFL wants to see the reward for that continual investment. The best you can hope for is that they have a cap on the number they can take or the remove the 20% discount.

Kako hopefully at our second pick in the 20s

Would be ideal but I’m certain he’ll get taken closer to 10 than 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coasting is his biggest problem. There isn’t that much intensity about him, especially defensively.

Smith is quickly catching him and I’m tipping O’Sullivan will do the same once he gets back on the park.
Doubt it

smith won’t catch him, just an accumulator with little hurt factor

Smillie is number 1 even if he doesn’t play rest of the year

Doubt it

smith won’t catch him, just an accumulator with little hurt factor

Smillie is number 1 even if he doesn’t play rest of the year

Smith had far more hurt factor than Smillie in the first half today.

Talking to people in the industry I can guarantee you that Smillie isn’t the certain number 1. As I’ve mentioned there is big concerns about his defensive efforts, his ability to cover the ground and what his game translates to at AFL level considering he isn’t a huge contested player.

Smith had far more hurt factor than Smillie in the first half today.

Talking to people in the industry I can guarantee you that Smillie isn’t the certain number 1. As I’ve mentioned there is big concerns about his defensive efforts, his ability to cover the ground and what his game translates to at AFL level considering he isn’t a huge contested player.
FO'S.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back