Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Loins get on a role and could finish 4th

We get them week 1

Probably rather not

Guess there is no great matchup

But finishing 4th would mean they are probably on like a 10 game streak, yuck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Lions, Blues, Cats Dons Pies etc all just keep beating each other.

The way this year has gone wouldn't surprise me if Demons beat the Lions next week. Lets be honest the Lions have been kinda shit most weeks.

True

They seem to match up against us always good , have beaten us a few years now.

Dogs from the bottom 4 could do some damage

Yep I guess we get a chance to beat both on the run home.

My biggest bugbear in this era are the number of Chuckers in our game. Certain players are inveterate Chuckers. Two play for the same team. Cripps & Walsh, are guilty of throwing the ball more than any other two AFL players. It was astounding how many times these two got away with throwing against Cats. Every week I see them playing and say 'that's a throw, that's a throw'.

They are not Mohicans. They have plenty of mates in most sides in this comp. Chuckers used to be hated in Aussie Rules footy. Today the fans seem to accept that most teams do not play within the rules & umpires, who I think are inept & the worst in the history of the game, let these go. Sometimes, they will make an example of a throw, generally a non Victorian player. But in the main there must be at least 20 throws in every game that go free kick free. I think it much more but...

These players are CHUCKERS and when in a pack or are on the so called blindside don't even try to handball. How is it we have 4 umpires & still have a blindside? Do we have to get to the stage of having 18 umpires out there to get it right? I mean, they could all follow two players around all day and still get it wrong.

The state of umpiring in the AFL is in an alarmingly bad state. In a professional sport the fans expect far more & they are right to do so. When players & coaches come out on a weekly basis & say they are confused by the decisions made every week. When the umpiring department has a free of the week, this is bullshit. All frees should be umpires equally. There should never be an emphasis on one free compared to another. This is detrimental to the game.

Rant finished. Sorry to see North lose. I thought they put in a great effort against Dees. Dees are finished, against a top side they'll get flogged. Gawn is more than beatable. Xerra got him well & good.

Port supporters, sorry to say my brother is one, have been baying for Hinkley's head for years. Not because they are a bottom side but because they believe & rightly, he can't take them to the promised land. He is a good development coach but when they traded in the two defenders this year I think they misunderstood the type of players they were getting. They traded in two intercept type players to play lockdown roles. Umm. Aliir is now having to play a lockdown role & is failing badly. Their much vaunted midfield is being flogged every second game. They don't have much up forward they will hurt you. Funnily enough they seem to always beat us. Weird.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back