Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Forwards:Elijah HollandsHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange from:Jordan BoydJack CarrollCorey Durdin
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCaleb MarchbankJesse Motlop

Yes. I appreciate the difficulties. One nephew in law and one ex boss.
Had to stop going to us v * matches with them as I could not be trusted to be sportsperson like.😂
I realised some time ago they are actually a cult and never do anything wrong. 😛
It’s risky, but I just got little more subtle with the celebrations.

IMG_3059.jpeg

The Cincotta tagging role has two purposes - to quell an opposition midfielder and to free up Cripps to run forward without defensive obligation.
The second bit doesn’t work if Cincotta locks down on a half back flanker.
Correct. A massive adjustment. A role player sacrificing his game for the team. It’s the same role Adams plays at Sydney to let Warner run forward and also Neal Bullen at Melbourne to let Petracca loose. Lambert did it for years for Martin during the Tigers premiership years.

I don’t remember many turning in Voss. There was a lot of system, plans and setups but not much of Sack Voss.

Not here. But in general, on Socials? It was there.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You must have missed this thread:-

Thursday’s game was a significant statement. The next two, against strong opponents, will give us a good indication of our top four credentials.

We should be too strong against * but I reckon they’ll come out firing. The next two games for them will also tell the competition where they sit and the ‘fake four’ moniker will be a strong motivator for them to show they’re the real deal. Despite their easier run, they sit 2nd and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Of all teams, I despise - despise - them with a passion, but they recruited well, are being well coached and have had a very good season so far.

So, let’s cause * some pain.

P.S. I submit that the thread title should read “Carlton vs *”

Our chances of a top 4 finish with a massive boost given Melbournes loss , and the smashing of their percentage. Beat the bombers and cats and we can start looking at aiming for second place on the ladder, taking a trip to Sydney in the finals out of the equation 💪
Easier said than done...Geelong will be a far stronger outfit when we play them, they've been missing Dangerfield, Guthrie and Blicavs during their losing stretch but all likely to play against us. Completely transforms their midfield.

Biggest worry against Essendon is their forward line.

They are going with Wright, H Jones as the talls, Langford and Stringer as the mediums.

I can see that quartet causing a few issues...thankfully their small forwards aren't that good.

Wright - Weitering
Jones - Gov? Giving away height but he has the leap to compensate.
Langford - Kemp
Stringer - Newman? Gov could be a decent match up but then we'd have a big mismatch on Jones.

At present we're 2nd favourite with the bookies for the Premiership with * 7th. Does show somewhat the average punter has some realisation of the inequity of the draw and impact of injuries amongst the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I can see is a shuffling of the bench and sub; Carroll with a full game was easily the best today, and I'd be going with Orazzio against his old team, maybe the sub is between George or Bam Bam??
my guess is Carroll vs Hewett for sub because Kennedy will start in that 3rd forward spot again.... Possibly...

Easier said than done...Geelong will be a far stronger outfit when we play them, they've been missing Dangerfield, Guthrie and Blicavs during their losing stretch but all likely to play against us. Completely transforms their midfield.

Biggest worry against Essendon is their forward line.

They are going with Wright, H Jones as the talls, Langford and Stringer as the mediums.

I can see that quartet causing a few issues...thankfully their small forwards aren't that good.

Wright - Weitering
Jones - Gov? Giving away height but he has the leap to compensate.
Langford - Kemp
Stringer - Newman? Gov could be a decent match up but then we'd have a big mismatch on Jones.
I wonder if we'd consider Marchbank for next week which would make for a better match up next week. Have noticed that Stringer is playing more midfield today as well.

Weitering to Wright
Gov to Jones
Marchbank to Langford
Kemp to Stringer

I wonder if we'd consider Marchbank for next week which would make for a better match up next week. Have noticed that Stringer is playing more midfield today as well.

Weitering to Wright
Gov to Jones
Marchbank to Langford
Kemp to Stringer
In today’s VFL game Marchbank was moving like a 40 year old. I’d be shocked if he played and definitely don’t want him playing on Langford.

I’m a lot more comfortable with Newman taking Stringer when he is forward and Gov & Kemp rotating on Jones & Langford than I am seeing Marchbank in the side.

Weitering to Wright
Gov to Jones
Marchbank to Langford
Kemp to Stringer
Marchbank is zero chance of coming in, was very ordinary today against a lowly opposition.

It's probably already been mentioned, but according to an article on ESPN, these campaigners have the lowest percentage for a top-2 side after 11 games in AFL history (just 104.4.)

Massively overrated. Will come plummeting back to Earth soon enough.

We need to sort out our percentage also. The difference between 3rd and 5th right now. But in a close season it will be very important come finals time.

Interested to hear your thoughts JustaBattler on how we win this. They look a very good side.

How bloody good is Mac Andrew!!!
Same game plan as usual dominate the between the arcs game and pressure every contest oh and kick straight. Cover Merrett and McGrath and you have 80% of their game plan neutralised. They wont give up so you have to smash a win out of them. They will bring in Goldstein for this one and try and smash TDK.

One dozen Grolsch in the bottle with the fancy stoppers fanks.

Last edited:
Essendon are pretenders as we all suspect and we should beat them. The last match between the two sides where they flogged us does bother me.

Either way, it is great to see Carlton Essendon games that are relevant again.

Things have gone well for us this round. Lets smash them and build some percentage. Here's a chance to get into the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back