Autopsy 2024 Rd 16 Blues tame the Tigers easily

Who played well for the Blues in Round 16 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

BT is such an idiot. No surprise to anyone. I'm just watching the replay and in the last Fanta kicking for goal, BT says he's hasn't kicked multiple goals since 2021 ( I'm thinking WTF he's got 2 already) and as the kick goes through BT says he has now (pause) he's got 3.......

Maybe BT thinks multiple is 3 and above :drunk:

mentioned in several different threads over the last there is a huge issue with commenters, especially ex-players, calling to get themselves over with catch phrases, hyperboles and making mountains out of molehills. Rather than just calling the game and providing insite into the who / when / why.

How long until we can switch Ch7 off and have the separate foxtfooty call ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay... BTs whining about the touched ball that Harry marked... amazing how that became such a huge talking point when Crisp's ball was touched and SCORE REVIEWED and still called a goal... crickets... ultimately, that cost North the game...
even the fantasia soccer off the ground goal. the call makes no sense....

I think that we have the best kicking backline in the comp by a fair way. We will continually kick high scores if Weitering, Saad, McGovern, Boyd and Newman getting time and space to deliver the ball into the forward line.

Cowan has a great peg as well. Just finding his feet but coming with a wet sail.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Weitering is the best Centre Half Back I have seen at Carlton. Doull was really a flanker who pinched hit at CHB. He is better than Sexton, Perovic and Mckay (swingman). My point with these posts is I am not ageist when I don't believe that Cripps is not the best. I just think he is not quite to the standard of Williams, Judd, Kouta, Ashman as a Mid. Adimittedly I have Ashman bias. There are players in this era that are the best and for me there names are Charlie Curnow and Jacob Weitering. If you like the futures market on All time great Carlton Players keep a 3 year watch on Elijah Hollands. He is giving me contemporary Brent Crosswell Vibes based on what I have heard. Maybe not as good a contested mark but his effect on the outcome of games is similar, in the sense he creates game breaking moments across the half fwd line. I sense his capacity to do the same as a centreman, will become evident

One thing on Cripps is it’s a little easier to compare mids on metrics like Brownlow votes and if Cripps does win a second this season (he was third in the betting markets last week and now on top on the AFL.com.au tracker) then he may be seen ahead of Diesel and Judd by some as he’s also going to likely be ahead of them both on total Brownlow votes across his career. Judd retired at 3rd all time but has now fallen to 9th and Cripps will probably overtake him in 2026.

And Ollie does? His last 4 matches he’s averaging just 10 touches…

Cottrell is just as good a runner, hits the scoreboard and is involved in a lot of score involvements. I remember the Freo game in Rd 4. He kicked 2.2 and had 7 score involvements.

At some stage, Ollie needs to start engineering more of the football.

The wing is a very difficult position to play and there’s probably only about ten wingmen in the entire comp who are consistent enough to have an impact in the majority of games they play - and fortunately we have one of them in Acres

So I’m more forgiving of Ollie and I think he stays unless we can shuffle things enough with our other mids but I don’t see the point as Walsh and Cerra were great without the burden of playing a wing role

Personally I think Cottrell takes back his role from Fantasia and Fantasia will have to make the team as a pressure/snall forward competing with Owies and Fog which means he probably doesn’t get picked

We’ve arrived.
Why you ask? Well I can’t do any work and we are now talking about multiple players in various positions and who wins out! Also, with confidence that the job is done no matter who plays.
Can’t wait for Cripps to hold the cup up and I to be there enjoying a premiership with my kids!!!

The wing is a very difficult position to play and there’s probably only about ten wingmen in the entire comp who are consistent enough to have an impact in the majority of games they play - and fortunately we have one of them in Acres

So I’m more forgiving of Ollie and I think he stays unless we can shuffle things enough with our other mids but I don’t see the point as Walsh and Cerra were great without the burden of playing a wing role

Personally I think Cottrell takes back his role from Fantasia and Fantasia will have to make the team as a pressure/snall forward competing with Owies and Fog which means he probably doesn’t get picked

With Kennedy out for a while Cotters might just come in as cover for him to some capacity as part of a midfield/forward rotation.

Back