Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

I have been thinking a lot about what it is that makes us so hard to beat.

I think Voss prioritises something that we may not have talked a lot about (apologies if we have).

Yes players who can APPLy pressure. But as much as that….players who can cope with pressure. We need guys who will not fumble with high pressure, won’t break the chain, can make good decisions with ball in hand. Create options for team mates.

Guys like Fog and E Hollands are super at that under pressure. They compliment the stars so well and dramatically reduce the probability of us losing control of the ball in chains under pressure.

The response from Voss r.e. Walsh was one of the main reasons I wanted him. Someone with the hard edge to make a firm statement, and not just make that statement, but have the runs on the board to back it up.

I thought that attitude was something we needed to turn things around and I'm so glad he's with us.

Orazio Fantasia.

Can someone please explain this to me? I am struggling to comprehend what is going on here. And each week our injury list gets smaller it gets harder to fathom.

The only near-logical explanation I have read on here is that Orazio is playing as a high half-forward. Durdin/Motts can't play that role and we're waiting for Cottrell/Martin to replace him.

But given that Orazio is averaging 0.2 goals per game and contributing little else surely we would look at other options instead of like-for-like replacements only?

Fogarty doesn't kick goals but his role as a defensive forward is obvious as is his value. After 11 tries I still do not understand what role Orazio is doing.

Surely we can't get away with having two non-goal-kicking forwards against good teams. But we've played top 4 sides the last 4 weeks and averaging 111 ppg so maybe we can.

Maybe I just don't like Orazio. He did play for Essendon...

View attachment 2032685

View attachment 2032691

View attachment 2032686
Do go to games or just watch on TV? Much of his work would get missed on TV.

Smart player. runs to space, make defenders go with him. Quick hands, great kick inside 50. Puts on blocks and shepherds. You won't find these on a stat's sheet.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have been thinking a lot about what it is that makes us so hard to beat.

I think Voss prioritises something that we may not have talked a lot about (apologies if we have).

Yes players who can APPLy pressure. But as much as that….players who can cope with pressure. We need guys who will not fumble with high pressure, won’t break the chain, can make good decisions with ball in hand. Create options for team mates.

Guys like Fog and E Hollands are super at that under pressure. They compliment the stars so well and dramatically reduce the probability of us losing control of the ball in chains under pressure.

I think pressure is the main one for our side. But we have two others strings. We have two coleman medalists up fwd who can fire for 15 mins in a game and turn it on its head (get out of jail free card). And we also have a midfield stoppage team that is brutal at winning clearances most times (but not always). The addition of cinc vs fast midfield sides is seemingly a masterstroke.

I think we are trying to hold the line as a defensive line and hold the line as a turnover/transition goal kicking side. By hold, I mean rank somewhere towards the top 8 sides.

Carlton for ten years have dominated 'some' games with huge effort and then an opposition side flicks the switch for 20 mins and creams us. Now it is our turn!!!!

I don’t understand the calls for Kemp to be a possible out at all. His kicking was a worry for me but he has cleaned it up big time over the past 6 weeks.

He sometimes gets outsized one v one but he hasn’t lost more than 1 in any week this year.

He was previously playing too erratically on going for too many out there intercepts but not any more.

He was sometimes losing his man but not any more.

He’s not getting big goal numbers kicked against.

He’s developing really well this year.

Get a real problem. Marchy is backup only now.

I’m not saying Kemp should come out of the team.

But given Marchbank’s current health they may choose to include him at Kemp’s expense in the next couple of weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats funny!

He lined up on JEZ last week! For the simple reason that Kemp would have been absolutely pantsed by him.

The question that everyone needs to consider is, do we want Kemp as our 3rd tall, which means McG becomes or CHB or do we want McG as our 3rd rebounding tall which means Marchy is our CHB.

I prefer the better aerialists, so it’s Marchy for me…

Not expecting him to play this week but will be in our best side…
Marchy isn't a better aerialist. He's also got the strength of a high schooler at the moment. This is a really weird line of 'logic'

Orazio Fantasia.

Can someone please explain this to me? I am struggling to comprehend what is going on here. And each week our injury list gets smaller it gets harder to fathom.

The only near-logical explanation I have read on here is that Orazio is playing as a high half-forward. Durdin/Motts can't play that role and we're waiting for Cottrell/Martin to replace him.

But given that Orazio is averaging 0.2 goals per game and contributing little else surely we would look at other options instead of like-for-like replacements only?

Fogarty doesn't kick goals but his role as a defensive forward is obvious as is his value. After 11 tries I still do not understand what role Orazio is doing.

Surely we can't get away with having two non-goal-kicking forwards against good teams. But we've played top 4 sides the last 4 weeks and averaging 111 ppg so maybe we can.

Maybe I just don't like Orazio. He did play for Essendon... 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 2032685

View attachment 2032691

View attachment 2032686

I personally haven't been very impressed with Orazio.

However in Orazios defence it's a bit harsh to judge him on stats.

Can't really be stuffed looking up the exact numbers, but Fantasia has been subbed out or started as sub in quite alot of games.

Stats would probably be higher if he was playing full games.

Still not convinced he's in our best 22. Cotrell takes his spot. Or Martin once he's fit. Even motlop once he finds some form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would.
He signed a 4 year contract extension a year ago.

Since then, how many games has he played in the VFL when fully fit?

I feel you, but I still wouldn't begrudge him. Ruck would have to be the most miserable position to play in footy, and your career is generally pretty limited.

You get one window in your late 20's to be the man, and he did the right thing and committed to the club. Unfortunately for Pitto, DeKoning decided to become a complete freak.

I hope he stays around for another year at least, but we have to be realistic given the garbage that is circulating in ruck stocks across the league. There's no way every other club will sit by and watch Pitto light up Princes Park.

I feel you, but I still wouldn't begrudge him. Ruck would have to be the most miserable position to play in footy, and your career is generally pretty limited.

You get one window in your late 20's to be the man, and he did the right thing and committed to the club. Unfortunately for Pitto, DeKoning decided to become a complete freak.

I hope he stays around for another year at least, but we have to be realistic given the garbage that is circulating in ruck stocks across the league. There's no way every other club will sit by and watch Pitto light up Princes Park.
At the very best (worst? Most?) he will have spent half a season in the 2s, after multiple injuries, with 3 years left on his contract.

Players shouldn’t be choosing to walk due to that. And we would need massive overs to let him go.

The way he played against the Cats earlier in the season, he could be high on their radar.
Very doubtful it will happen but, would not put it out of the realm of possibility.

Please don’t tell me I have to listen to “state the bleeding obvious”, hypodermic needle loving, nepotistic prince of Ch 7 Jobe ****ing Watson on Sunday?

If yes - then SEN Sync will get a good workout!!!!!
SEN sync didn't even work for me at the G last week, was just silence.

Watched Marchy the last couple of weeks and he has been bog ordinary. No way in hell will he be picked ahead of Kemp, unless Kemp is too sore to play.

Not trying to argue with you, and certainly not saying Kemp should come out but weren’t Marchy and Pitto mentioned as the best 2 players last week ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still don’t think Charlie has hit his straps yet, and he’s leading the Coleman by 5 goals at the end of R15.

I think he’s due for big haul soon, maybe 8 or 9 goals..
I think so too...and for lots of reasons, including my super coach team, I hope he does it

Last edited:

He'd walk into the team at Port, Crows, Geel, WC & Tigs at a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back