Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get behind Marchy.

Last week i had to watch Pitto take no marks and see our side run off its legs. I wished him well in the end and was only slightly wanting to kill MV.

Fast forward to this week and I've got to admit i'd all but given up on poor Marchy. He's been hit pillar to post. But like Pitto he has been given a chance to face the adversity of our supporters and the north players. It's a war out there...get behind him!

Marchy, I'm not religious but i'll be praying for you this weekend; well that and this OnlyFans model I like. Best of luck!

History has shown that if Marchbank is fit he will play ahead of Kemp. Whether people agree with it or not, it’s what happens.
I don’t think history actually shows this at all BBB. Taking Marchbank’s past 11 games he’s played 9 of them with Kemp.

In 2023:
Kemp played 17 games and Marchbank played 8 games (7 of those 8 games with Kemp).

In 2024:
Kemp has played 15 games and Marchbank has played 3 games (2 of those 3 games with Kemp).

Look he's in the team so I'll support him but how Marchbank gets a game over Kemp is beyond me
Not sure what the selectors are seeing either tbh.

Not cherry picking any specific game, but looking at overall output in the last two seasons Kemp’s played 32 games compared to Marchbank’s 11 games - with Kemp miles in front in disposals and marks.

IMG_2363.png IMG_2367.png IMG_2370.png IMG_2366.png

I suspect it’s the little things that may not be totally obvious to those of us observing from afar.
Let’s assume it is Weitering making this call.

I think it may be that kemp is less dependable defensively one on one. That he feels more confident in Marchbank, offering better 3rd man up cover & handling the oppo 2nd tall better defensively.

We need a 2nd defensive tall rather than another interceptor, given we have Newman, Saad & Boyd to distribute the ball.

For the life of me I can't understand the reluctance of some people to acknowledge that we are a good team, we aren't second on the ladder without reason.
I think most know and accept we have a good team - could say we are the best team

However we just dropped two games - gws understandable
- dogs totally unacceptable

So it’s not enough just to be a good team of players, the coaches game day tactics/manouvres, the players execution and intent all effect the result.

As an example, Filth just won a flag but one could argue we had the better team.

I think we are going a bit hard on Marchy, only a few Marchbank games ago weiters was coming out and saying how good it is to have him in the side again,
He's highly rated among the group, look at his back end of last yr and preliminary final,
He's had a couple games back in where our mids have let the backs and defence down and they have been under the pump,
I'm backing him in to return to his best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never thought Marchbank was that great a player and every time I see him now it looks like injuries have really taken a toll on him.

I hope that our defensive pillars come finals are Weitering Durdin and McGovern and Kemp finds a role up the field.

Cincotta on the ball and Kemp on a wing or 3rd tall forward would make us a lot lot better

Kemp would awesome as a third tall however the only way he gets there if Gov and Marchbank are fully fit.

In saying that I don’t rate Marchbank at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kemp should be playing as the third tall forward, and a bit of time on the wing or in the middle, he is a good mark and skill wise he is not bad. Should experiment with Kemp in the forward line instead of dropping him, we cannot play 2 rucks, we could if the second ruck was useful around the ground, but Pittonet is not, not athletic, not quick, no stamina, a one trick pony.

Kemp would awesome as a third tall however the only way he gets there if Gov and Marchbank are fully fit.

In saying that I don’t rate Marchbank at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
at seasons end - replace Marchy Nigel and young with a decent second tall Kpd.

weits 2nd kpd gov as interceptor

Move kemp forward either to f50 arc or wing

at seasons end - replace Marchy Nigel and young with a decent second tall Kpd.

weits 2nd kpd gov as interceptor

Move kemp forward either to f50 arc or wing

This is how I see it too. We just don't have what we ideally need, we just have a preferred pecking order to fill in as best as possible in the 2nd kpd role.

Marchy has played this role when fit and available, which is not often enough. We have lost faith in Young and rightly so. Durdin has played 1 game for us, gave away 3 free kicks and got injured. He is the classic case of becoming better and better the longer he has been out. Kemp has regularly ended up as 2nd kpd by default.

It would be a huge risk to play both Durdin and Marchbank in the same side, as we would be odds on to lose at least one of them to injury. If I was North I would play Pink and try and force us to play both. The taller we have to play in the backline, the weaker we become.

The club believes the best alternative for now is Marchy at his best. The only way to get him there is to play him and find out whether he can still reach that level.

We need to replicate the Hawks Brian Lake trade to solve this issue imo.

I think we are going a bit hard on Marchy, only a few Marchbank games ago weiters was coming out and saying how good it is to have him in the side again,
He's highly rated among the group, look at his back end of last yr and preliminary final,
He's had a couple games back in where our mids have let the backs and defence down and they have been under the pump,
I'm backing him in to return to his best
Agree entirely and I've been a huge fan. Marchbank plays better on talls as well and in all honesty is a perfect backup for Weitering but the problem is, he should have got some match fitness / run in the VFL before being rushed back and made to look slow and sluggish. It's not his fault, this is on the selection committee.

Agree entirely and I've been a huge fan. Marchbank plays better on talls as well and in all honesty is a perfect backup for Weitering but the problem is, he should have got some match fitness / run in the VFL before being rushed back and made to look slow and sluggish. It's not his fault, this is on the selection committee.

After this week he will be up to speed. We are not playing Brissy so let him get used to the pace against inferior opposition.

Correct on the Weits comment, there is a ‘trust’ there that he doesn’t have for Kemp, for obvious reasons…

Marchbank played several (horrific) games in the VFL before being recalled.

After this week he will be up to speed. We are not playing Brissy so let him get used to the pace against inferior opposition.

Correct on the Weits comment, there is a ‘trust’ there that he doesn’t have for Kemp, for obvious reasons…
Sure - but we dropped a game we shouldn't have with players rushed back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back