Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:
Collingwood won't play finals for a while. Melbourne the same. I think they both need to reinvest in their list.
I heard today ....this is an actual rumour :) .....on SEN

Would you exchange Kozi Pickett for Houston ? .....not sure of how the mechanics would work (steak knives)

GWS disagree ....Nicks, was credited with GWS's jump to the Grand Final, the year he was there

got an evidence of that?

Yes ....you go looking, you lazy ....

How about when you make ridiculous claims you back it up.
Kinda hard to disprove something that’s not been said yeah?
So far you just run from any hard question.

Ok WaynesWorld19 i googled “nicks responsible for GWS grand final” not one quote comes up.
Over to you..
Come on Wayne have some self respect and show us on Google that nicks is responsible for GWS making grand final.
It can’t be that hard surely?

So our assistant is locked in.

The other factor feels like Bartel in some role.
Why? .....I've heard nothing to suggest Bartel want to take up Coaching .....he's been more at Director level of GWS

So our assistant is locked in.

The other factor feels like Bartel in some role.
If bartel is we can thank two things
1. he has been brilliant on 5aa this year and built a big SA following
2. he loves FUIC

i really hope if he is joining that he's actually moving to adelaide though not like what he did for gws

we need someone who can see whats going on at training. i know others wont believe it but its not A grade stuff... its just not

Ok. So I’m in the car charging my phone…. Im not sure if I should say specifics. However, there are general things I can confirm. We are targeting the player we’ve heard about in recent days. There is a significant factor that could influence him to come here however it’s not a foregone conclusion. The other thing is related to our senior assistant coach appointment which should be announced this week.
Did you overhear any of this from someone reputable or was it revealed to you in a dream sequence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that we were losing a lot of CBA's, our clearance differential was bad this year. But firstly some forward-line facts (most of which are likely the result of poor entries, or general break-down of ball movement) - this year, we were:
  • 15th for shots at goal per game
  • 9th for scoring shots per inside 50
  • 11th for goals per game
  • 13th for points scored from stoppages
  • 13th for points scored from turnover
  • 13th for marks inside 50
Having watched the best teams (such as yesterday, for instance), one of the common factors is that they have a fluidity to the way they move the ball, whenever possible - a player gets an easy read of a 50/50 ball, dishes out to a runner (who is given the option to pass to a couple of other running mates if need), leading to a F50 entry where the defence is more likely to be unprepared. Either that, or they have multiple contested marking targets across the ground, if forced to constantly kick to contest

This is why I was so big on getting Cumming - he's a runner, and a very good kick. He'd fit like a glove in that Brisbane side from yesterday

A lot of guys that we have at the moment either aren't aggressive enough, or precise enough with the way they look to move the ball on. If Nicks is serious as a coach, he needs to throw anyone who has a tendency to slow the game down, no matter what the situation, to the wayside, and work to develop a gameplan around the more aggressive ball-users (by hand, or by foot) on the list

Tex had back issue most of the year. Rankine missed 7 games plus played midfield. Pedlar didn’t play. Thilthorpe hardly played.

Was no where near the quality of the 2023 forward line this year. We need to get these blokes fit and firing again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Been linked to Carlton in a director/head of footy role a bit (now Simon Lloyd's left), from what I've read
Yep, understand the direction of sports administration .....but he's done nothing to suggest he's a coach, or has a tactical brain

As for leaving MELB and his boys ...... I find that very hard to believe

Tex had back issue most of the year. Rankine missed 7 games plus played midfield. Pedlar didn’t play. Thilthorpe hardly played.

Was no where near the quality of the 2023 forward line this year. We need to get these blokes fit and firing again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thilthorpe will lift our marks I50 stat due to having a knack of plucking anything, but I’d argue the other stats will only significantly lift if we improve how we play further up the ground

We know a forward 7 of RT/Fog/Tex/Rash/Keays/ANB/Rankine is talented enough, we just need to give them the best chance to succeed

You're talking about two very mature teams yesterday, whose players have played a lot of games together and know each others habits

You can't compare our inexperienced list, and a merry-go-round of players thru the side ....connectivity takes time & playing 42 players on our list isn't giving you that ......in fact at the Byes, we only had 9 players to have played every game to that point .....that's the impact of injuries

IIRC SYD had 16 players to the Bye, to have played every game
Just on this - Hawthorn also a very young side, with similar ball movement and flair to the best sides - almost made a prelim

Did they over-perform? Maybe, but especially without a midfield superstar, it shows the benefits of moving the ball on aggressively, no matter the list profile

This might be controversial - but I’d grin and bear trading 25 for ANB if we could get Peatling for an F2 (I’d be fine with vice versa too)

We wouldn’t have the list spots for an extra second round pick, anyway. IMO getting three immediate best 22 contributors without giving up either first in any form, would be a huge success

Ok. So I’m in the car charging my phone…. Im not sure if I should say specifics. However, there are general things I can confirm. We are targeting the player we’ve heard about in recent days. There is a significant factor that could influence him to come here however it’s not a foregone conclusion. The other thing is related to our senior assistant coach appointment which should be announced this week.
why didn’t you just cut and paste Jeffcrows post 😂

This might be controversial - but I’d grin and bear trading 25 for ANB if we could get Peatling for an F2 (I’d be fine with vice versa too)

We wouldn’t have the list spots for an extra second round pick, anyway. IMO getting three immediate best 22 contributors without giving up either first in any form, would be a huge success
F2 for Peatling and pick 42 for Neal-Bullen

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back