Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:
Just on this - Hawthorn also a very young side, with similar ball movement and flair to the best sides - almost made a prelim

Did they over-perform? Maybe, but especially without a midfield superstar, it shows the benefits of moving the ball on aggressively, no matter the list profile

Hawthorns back six was stacked for experience and class. Quite underrated. They then had enough quality of n their midfield and quick, ducking talented forward line.
But it’s their back half. Settles experienced and good

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why? .....I've heard nothing to suggest Bartel want to take up Coaching .....he's been more at Director level of GWS
He said when leaving that he wanted/was open to other roles in footy

Don’t expect him in coaching but can see him in a head of footy type role (taking his footy director board experience to a paid role)

Just on this - Hawthorn also a very young side, with similar ball movement and flair to the best sides - almost made a prelim

Did they over-perform? Maybe, but especially without a midfield superstar, it shows the benefits of moving the ball on aggressively, no matter the list profile
Lets hold fire on HAW till next year .....they were getting lambasted in the first 6-8 games .....playing shyte

Amazing what a good run of injuries can do, and a head of steam confidence wise.....next year though, they'll be hunted, and IMO they can't play any better .....over-performed

F2 for Peatling and pick 42 for Neal-Bullen
Ideal, but an element of goodwill makes me think it’d be somewhere in the 2nd round for ANB either way

Obviously the preference would be late in the second round, but if we manage to land all three targets, we’ll only have the space to draft 4 + Welsh (unless we pay someone out, which we know isn’t happening, or trade a contracted player, which is possible, but unlikely at this point)

It’d be a much less than ideal trade in isolation, but altogether I’d give it the green light

Coaches get too much credit for success and too much blame for failure.
You can go through coaches as some clubs do and go nowhere if other parts are no good.

Some change coaches and get what they were after, as the rest of the club was generally good.

Hardwick, Lyon etc etc don't lie when they say they're a part of the big machine that's needed to make an elite club go around.

I know of some ex-AFC players who felt the attitude and culture behind the scenes there years ago held the place back. Some left due to it.
I'm a big believer in the whole of club, the small people even behind the scenes makes the place be special in varied ways and contributes to the journey and where you end up.

I replied to Jeffcrows matching rumour re bartel. Joking but really hope he is the connection (he replied saying he wasn’t talking about Montgomery too but left the following post re bartel comment to go through to the keeper…)
I don’t think Bartel either.

Lets hold fire on HAW till next year .....they were getting lambasted in the first 6-8 games .....playing shyte

Amazing what a good run of injuries can do, and a head of steam confidence wise.....next year though, they'll be hunted, and IMO they can't play any better .....over-performed

I think the competition will continue to be tight in 2025 - the gap is closing between teams and so much comes down to health of your squad in particular key players, and if your able to get onto a bit of a roll…..

That’s why we are seeing mixed results and the fortunes of teams changing quickly.

It’s going to continue to be such an open competition

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard yesterday that GWS will ask Himmelberg to do a medical this week before tabling an offer

Likely to have two offers to chose from GC or GWS

Adelaide have not tabled an offer for Himmelberg

Pays to have size about you.

Heard yesterday that GWS will ask Himmelberg to do a medical this week before tabling an offer

Likely to have two offers to chose from GC or GWS

Adelaide have not tabled an offer for Himmelberg

Round 1 compo pick coming. :cool: :cool:

Cheer Applause GIF by Peanuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back