Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:
If Himmelberg is going, then I think we need Burgess as back-up
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

So what was jennys rumours, big footy is acting up on pages for me lol
Just check the pinned post at the top of each page ...

Sloane
Burgess
Parnell
Strachan
Smith

Should all go, even if means paying them out.

McHenry & Gollant may attract interest from another club.
Agree, I'd add Schoenberg to that list too (don't see it happening though).

Shouldn't be getting games ahead of Pick 4, Pedlar, Charlie Edwards, Dowling, Taylor, or even Berry - and we could use the list spot to top up with say another Ruck or young KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%. And considering how many clubs are offering him juicy contracts (especially West Coast) the preseason draft is not big a factor here.
I know you gotta give up something to get something, but would rather an F2 out.

I'd like us to find a way to keep 25 in what is looking like such a strong draft.

Heard yesterday that GWS will ask Himmelberg to do a medical this week before tabling an offer

Likely to have two offers to chose from GC or GWS

Adelaide have not tabled an offer for Himmelberg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You sure about thhat himmelberg talk?

Pretty sure there was talk earlier that we were looking to offer him another contract but he wanted a guarantee to play more AFL?

I know you gotta give up something to get something, but would rather an F2 out.

I'd like us to find a way to keep 25 in what is looking like such a strong draft.
Peatling is quality and in high demand. Can't see GWS accepting F2 when pick 25 is right there. We'd also need to trade a contracted player if we wanted to gain both Peatling and pick 25.

Pretty sure there was talk earlier that we were looking to offer him another contract but he wanted a guarantee to play more AFL?
Also isn't his partner's preference to stay in Adelaide?

Very confident

We had talks with his mgt about a new contract but paused in putting forward an offer

I sense if there was no interest from other clubs we might have put forward a one year extension.

Given the GC and GWS interest, it doesn’t seem that we are interested in offering a multi year deal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peatling is quality and in high demand. Can't see GWS accepting F2 when pick 25 is right there. We'd also need to trade a contracted player if we wanted to gain both Peatling and pick 25.
Might be between them and Melb to see who wants pick 25 the most

One's out of contract, the other wants to go home no matter what. They don't have a whole lot of wiggle room for negotiation

It’s the oddest thing I’ve ever seen. Certain people come to the rumours thread and can’t handle it when they see a rumour. And your rumour simply has to follow through or you lose all credibility/they hang you for it. It’s usually when they don’t want the rumour to be true. Some odd units
I agree, we all love a rumour and we finally get one and she’s copping it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back