Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:
Peatling is quality and in high demand. Can't see GWS accepting F2 when pick 25 is right there. We'd also need to trade a contracted player if we wanted to gain both Peatling and pick 25.
Yep and that would be a fair enough reply from them. Do GWS have academy kids coming next year they'd need picks/points for?

Makes some of our list management decisions a bit more baffling if we've backed ourselves into a corner with list spots then. As said elsewhere, there are candidates who should be paid out a year early.

Might be between them and Melb to see who wants pick 25 the most

One's out of contract, the other wants to go home no matter what. They don't have a whole lot of wiggle room for negotiation
They don't, but Peatling definitely has suitors other than us that would take him in the PSD with generous contracts. I reckon 25 is still good value for him and beats losing him to the draft.

ANB has to be done for the F2. Anything else would be a fail.

They don't, but Peatling definitely has suitors other than us that would take him in the PSD with generous contracts. I reckon 25 is still good value for him and beats losing him to the draft.

Would be funny if it ends up being the other way round

But yes, Peatling for 25 and ANB for F2 makes the most sense

if its a four year contract its a fail too
2+1 sounds right

Yep, both Johnson and Kornes ..... Froggy if you learn how to use google, you may find the reference

tenor.gif

If you read his rationale, you'd laugh at him. 'They've got Dixon and Boak leaving', LOL, that'll make them better because Ken won't be able to select them.

Johnson said Geelong would miss finals this year, Melbourne would make finals, Port and Sydney would go out in straight sets, GWS would make the GF, yet they're the straight setter.

There was another one I forgot, the guys were getting into him about on Fox.

In Waynus terms, that's astute and a very good record.

You've said this a few times .....weren't we still up amongst the best FWD lines in 2024 ? ......that doesn't happen with slow ball movement

Our problem was losing too many CBA's ....and having to start attacks from HB, without a recognised QB-HBF

I think you're confusing gameplan with a weakness in our midfield .....Soligo was dead on his legs the last 6 games, Rankine suspended / injured .....Dawson plugging holes around the ground

You also forget, we went into experimental mode once Finals were out of contention

Experimental mode, rubbish. You need to return to reality.

We honestly won't know that until next year

As astute judges say ....unless the team is giving effort, the gameplan is irrelevent

I'd say the same ...unless you have a reasonable injury run, and list depth ...you can't judge a gameplan

Losing CBA's and starting attacks off HB, is not part of the gameplan .....if you run with 3 talls up FWD, then speed of ball movement is essential

We averaged less than 1 less centre clearance v opponent per game. Less than 1. Time you realised you really don't have much idea about the game.

Just check the pinned post at the top of each page ...

Cheers that wasnt working before but yours did for some reason lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just catching up on this but does the Peatling rumour match up with the mystery target that that twitter flog said was meant to drop last Wednesday? Or just coincidence

I replied to Jeffcrows matching rumour re bartel. Joking but really hope he is the connection (he replied saying he wasn’t talking about Montgomery too but left the following post re bartel comment to go through to the keeper…)
He’s not (as far as I know)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back