Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:
Do you know which clubs currently are being linked? What sort of draft collateral do they have in comparison to us?

“The Demons, the Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, St Kilda and West Coast have also been in the market for him,” Twomey revealed.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s not (as far as I know)
Thinking about your saying we should hear about an assistant this week makes me wonder if we have a Syd/Bris person incoming.

I didn’t realise that Dew was involved at Brisbane so that’d make him a possibility with that

Probably Montgomery still more likely but just the timing has me thinking

Thinking about your saying we should hear about an assistant this week makes me wonder if we have a Syd/Bris person incoming.

I didn’t realise that Dew was involved at Brisbane so that’d make him a possibility with that

Probably Montgomery still more likely but just the timing has me thinking
Dew's job was only part-time and only started midseason - he's still not listed as part of their staff list.

He'd be very interesting. He seems like the opposite to Nicks. Not a big "motivational speaker" type, but a bit of a footy savant.

Last edited:
I assumed there was nothing in the Peatling rumours because so many clubs had been linked - but not us.

That being said, the Vic media NEVER know what we're doing and the SA media is mostly hopeless - so I'm really hoping I'm completely wrong and we get him.
What do you mean they NEVER know what we are doing? They told us we were getting ANB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee's job was only part-time and only started midseason - he's still not listed as part of their staff list.

He'd be very interesting. He seems like the opposite to Nicks. Not a big "motivational speaker" type, but a bit of a footy savant.
Sit him in the senior assistant role and when Nicks inevitably ****s up and gets the boot he’s there

Very smart tactical coach and the poison chalice of the GC job shouldn’t taint him

Any level of confidence though? Or just we’re having a decent crack?
We have something reasonably positive in our favour, however I think he’d probably prefer to stay at home. He’s a western Sydney suburbs lad. Having said that, if the deal is too good to be true, this one thing in our favour could be worth its weight in gold.

We have something reasonably positive in our favour, however I think he’d probably prefer to stay at home. He’s a western Sydney suburbs lad. Having said that, if the deal is too good to be true, this one thing in our favour could be worth its weight in gold.
Ahh..he's been offered the Henley Beach Cafe to come then..makes sense

Is it incriminating photos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back