Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:

We have something reasonably positive in our favour, however I think he’d probably prefer to stay at home. He’s a western Sydney suburbs lad. Having said that, if the deal is too good to be true, this one thing in our favour could be worth its weight in gold.

He’s from Pennant Hills which is more Northern Sydney.

We probably need to offer a contract that GWS will find it hard to match

GWS have had a deal in front of him for several weeks now, so one can only assume the decision is to stay in his home state for less $$ or move interstate

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll admit I’m somewhat teamist and don’t know a huge amount about fringe opposition players - but looking at the basic stats why is everyone so keen on Peatling?

Am I missing something, he seems fairly average…what’s the kicker?

I’ll admit I’m somewhat teamist and don’t know a huge amount about fringe opposition players - but looking at the basic stats why is everyone so keen on Peatling?

He was Sub a few games that has skewed the stats, he really stands out on the field

Speed and lack of midfield exposure before injuries to Coniglio and Kelly etc...then he caught fire..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has good speed and agility, smart player as well

Has taken time to build his tank to play AFL midfield minutes, and GWS midfield is hard to break into

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back