Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:
Look - I am sure there was a benefit to having him.

But lets not act like Stuart Dew was the reason the Lions won.

This is a list that finished 2nd, 4th, 6th, 2nd, 5th over the past 5 years. They lost the Grand Final by a kick last year.

The bigger difference between Brisbane 2023 / Brisbane 2024 was the Norm Smith Medalist

All I am saying is that there ball movement started to change significantly during the season, and I think there is a direct link to Stewy Dew….

Happy to agree to disagree

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look - I am sure there was a benefit to having him.

But lets not act like Stuart Dew was the reason the Lions won.

This is a list that finished 2nd, 4th, 6th, 2nd, 5th over the past 5 years. They lost the Grand Final by a kick last year.

The bigger difference between Brisbane 2023 / Brisbane 2024 was the Norm Smith Medalist
Yeah but was he a norm smith medalist before Dew got there? 😆

Also helped with opposition analysis during the week and in match day

Given his training role as skills coach now doubt he helped improve their ball movement as well

He did start his role after round 7 when Lions were 2-5

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What makes you say he started in round 7, everything I've read suggests it was early June and he was working with junior players once per week.

Well as predicted Port want into the draft this year and want Carlton's pick 11. As predicted in a strong draft Carlton want to keep it and Houston is old. So port have a week position.

Port look set with being stuck with accepting Carlton's F1 for Houston or they can refuse to trade, force Houston to honour his deal and Lukosius has no choice but to approach Adelaide.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well as predicted Port want into the draft this year and want Carlton's pick 11. As predicted in a strong draft Carlton want to keep it and Houston is old. So port have a week position.

Port look set with being stuck with accepting Carlton's F1 for Houston or they can refuse to trade, force Houston to honour his deal and Lukosius has no choice but to approach Adelaide.

Port will end up accepting F1.
Then on trading that for Lukosius.

I assumed there was nothing in the Peatling rumours because so many clubs had been linked - but not us.

That being said, the Vic media NEVER know what we're doing and the SA media is mostly hopeless - so I'm really hoping I'm completely wrong and we get him.
To be fair we don't have a great track record outside ex SA boys, especially if a Vic club is interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will end up accepting F1.
Then on trading that for Lukosius.
Exactly. They have hamstrung themselves because they have an incredibly weak trading hand. They have no choice but to accept it and Carlton knows this. Anyone with half a brain knew they had to get a first rounder for Luko. They couldn't trade their first rounder next year because they have to have a pick in the first round of a draft this year or next.

Port tried to play the competition for fools by demanding a high first round this year, they would run to the draft with that one because it's a strong draft and merely throw their future to GC for Luko. Lol. Honestly bravo to Carlton. They didn't merely throw pick 11 to be nice guys. They are playing Port, port have to take it or lose Luko and have a disgruntled player stay.

No backsies

First week of the silly season is always ... silly.

Houston will get done. Paer will get something back that they will spin / combine into something that GC will accept for Luko BUT they might not be able to keep everyone or get back into the 2024 top end of the draft.

I'm not going to jump at shadows, very rare for some momentous out-of-left-field trade / free agent to surprise anyone!!

First week of the silly season is always ... silly.

Houston will get done. Paer will get something back that they will spin / combine into something that GC will accept for Luko BUT they might not be able to keep everyone or get back into the 2024 top end of the draft.

I'm not going to jump at shadows, very rare for some momentous out-of-left-field trade / free agent to surprise anyone!!
Th deals always get done.

Oh wait ...except Bryce Gibbs in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back