Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:
I hope we do trade out our F1

Don't want there to be any safety net for another shit season. No silver lining for finishing low again.

Young list or not, 8 years in the doldrums in a salary capped/draft league is fold the club time

It's surprising that people don't remember the other factor in terms of our ability to run out games during that period. Brian Sando needs to receive a fair portion of the credit that tends to be applied to Neil. But the club we became under Trigg decided to re-write history and load Neil up with a lot more credit than he deserved.

View attachment 2114085

View attachment 2114086
great job 👏 win at all costs

He said a F2 coming back also. Even quoted a 5 year contract

Apparently has a decent track record, claimed he told AA about Dangerfield before anyone else
I listen to 5AA every night and this guy is always correct. Has had at least two correct weight rumours.

He said a second back not a future second back. Thats not pick 20 but it is pick 26. Of course it will slide but you would think they will position for dodson with it somehow. If we can make F1 into Luko and Dodson I'm ok with it tbh.

Jay Clark added: I mean, Jack Lukosius, I’m not so sure he was in Gold Coast’s best 22 by the end. He was dropped by Damien Hardwick ... Where does he play? I don’t think he set the world on fire.”

There is no way we should be even close to giving a first rounder for a guy on $1 million that some people are saying is not in GCS best 22
And if they want to get Rioli in as well, they need Luko off the books.

In the usual apologists rush to credit Neil above all else for the flags, they forget Sando’s involvement with the colostrum. We ran out games harder and recovered better and after we stopped using it, Neil lost his edge.
Well I dont care we won

So worth the risk? We will get a much easy draw compared to this year which ended up as the most hardest draw but then we have Nicks so likely just miss out on the 8 with Nicks sacked so is Lukosius worth pick 10?

I would of pushed out a a few players, combine picks and tried to get a pick good enough.

I listen to 5AA every night and this guy is always correct. Has had at least two correct weight rumours.

He said a second back not a future second back. Thats not pick 20 but it is pick 26. Of course it will slide but you would think they will position for dodson with it somehow. If we can make F1 into Luko and Dodson I'm ok with it tbh.

4 plus change for Luko and Dodson is terribly steep.

Jay Clark added: I mean, Jack Lukosius, I’m not so sure he was in Gold Coast’s best 22 by the end. He was dropped by Damien Hardwick ... Where does he play? I don’t think he set the world on fire.”

There is no way we should be even close to giving a first rounder for a guy on $1 million that some people are saying is not in GCS best 22
And if they want to get Rioli in as well, they need Luko off the books.
Jay Clark is working an agenda probably to help a melb club secure him. unfortunately we have an emotional attachment and will overpay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you think I care?

Seriously crow2crow what is that you think I care about? We used a perfectly legal supplement and Brian Sando deserves a lot of the credit for our ability to run out games that is ignorantly being applied solely to Neil Craig. I’m merely correcting that false belief.

Colostrum wasn’t on a WADA banned list in 1997/98 as WADA wasn’t in existence.

did I post that it was? Did you read the article and who at our club was credited with introducing and controlling the dietary supplement? Brian Sando deserves a lot of the credit for our ability to run out games. Neil Craig was only a part of it, Sando was the genius.

Seriously crow2crow what is that you think I care about? We used a perfectly legal supplement and Brian Sando deserves a lot of the credit for our ability to run out games that is ignorantly being applied solely to Neil Craig. I’m merely correcting that false belief.
No one has said Craig was SOLELY responsible for our fitness, but he was a major part of it. Stop letting your hatred for Craig blind you FFS.

In the usual apologists rush to credit Neil above all else for the flags, they forget Sando’s involvement with the colostrum. We ran out games harder and recovered better and after we stopped using it, Neil lost his edge.
Neil Craig left the Crows in 1999 to join the Olympic cycling team. The Crows went downhill that year.

I hope we do trade out our F1

Don't want there to be any safety net for another shit season. No silver lining for finishing low again.

Young list or not, 8 years in the doldrums in a salary capped/draft league is fold the club time

i do not want us to give up a F1 if we are under nicks

Maybe...

But our development and list profile is several years ahead of the Eagles. Both clubs will bounce back but we're about ready to climb where West coast look likely to have a couple more lean years before they get a list coming together.

I get the "it's only Adelaide" chip on the shoulder thing but as a coaching opportunity, I think we are one of the most attractive options in the league.

As a club we are financially pretty well off, we have a big, loyal supporter base, we have a new facility coming very soon, and we have a list profile where the bulk of our key talent is 1-3 years off their prime which is pretty much ideal for a new coach coming in.

We would definitely be an attractive option to any coach looking for an opportunity.

No one has said Craig was SOLELY responsible for our fitness, but he was a major part of it. Stop letting your hatred for Craig blind you FFS.

Except you're not just crediting him for fitness, you're crediting him as the reason we won the flags. You've got him ahead of Blight when in fact Brian Sando provided the foundation for our ability to train harder and recover better. Neil Craig was part of it, but nowhere near as important as you apologists need to believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back