Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 27
  • From last night: Kane Cornes leaks potential new Crows logo (see here), corroborated by Braden Ingram
  • From last night: We have interest in James Peatling

Last edited:
FFS

We didn’t kick Stengel out

We offered a contract with behaviour based clauses, the same that Hawthorn did for Hodge

The only difference is that Stengle didn’t want behavioural based clauses in his contract, whereas Hodge accepted his clubs additional safe-guards and backed himself in to change and not repeat his sins

Geelong deal was a standard deal - no behaviour based clauses and he jumped at it

People need to report on the facts - let’s start to hold players acct and not push everything back on the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Huh? We might not remember it going down the same way.

‘Behavioural clause’ means banished to the SANFL without a chance to play senior footy?

I’d hardly call that the same thing Hawthorn did with Hodge.

"We put forward a proposal that he would remain on our list for the balance of his contract," Adelaide's head of football Adam Kelly told reporters on Wednesday.

"But we deemed it appropriate that he did that outside of the (AFL) football program in 2021 and he play in the SANFL.

"Tyson, as is his right, he wasn't accepting of that.

Huh? We might not remember it going down the same way.

‘Behavioural clause’ means banished to the SANFL without a chance to play senior footy?

I’d hardly call that the same thing Hawthorn did with Hodge.

"We put forward a proposal that he would remain on our list for the balance of his contract," Adelaide's head of football Adam Kelly told reporters on Wednesday.

"But we deemed it appropriate that he did that outside of the (AFL) football program in 2021 and he play in the SANFL.

"Tyson, as is his right, he wasn't accepting of that.
True, but he did end up playing sanfl the next year anyway. So I guess all clubs felt the same way.

I do think we should have done more to look after him and keep him though. Good clubs find a way.

Did the club wet the bed when they resigned nicks?
Jumping because they couldn’t handle noise?
And if they can’t handle the noise of coming out of contract and think it’ll be too much of a distraction, how are these same people ever going to cope with the noise and pressure if we ever find ourselves going into big finals in the future???

It sums up our whole mentality to me……we are weak!

You can't force people to come to you. Their job is to make the Club a desirable destination. Not playing finals for 7 years will make that task even harder. A change of coach may see our fortunes change (it may not either), but for right now, we are stuck with what we've got. ANB choosing to come to us is a bit of a bonus (given how shit we apparently are). Rachele isn't clambering out the door to leave, so I suspect it isn't as big a deal as many of the bedwetters are making it out to be.
Think the issue is the fact that many aspects of the Club make it an undesirable destination.
No finals for 7 years, and yet no significant changes to coaching, development and recruitment.

ANB choosing us for family reasons, while a handy role player, isn't something to brag about when the club talks big about being aggressive, two years in a row. If the Club knows it's hard to attract big names, less talk and more action. Think it was Olsen or Silvers who said Nicks "will be our next premiership coach", which seems borderline delusional at this stage.

Rachele isn't desperate to leave, but I can guarantee you he was (rightfully) very annoyed and disappointed with how the situation was handled and his relationship with some teammates has changed.
The Club itself was very divided on it, and only after the media shitstorm, Silvers was asking some staff who weren't involved in the decision to drop Rachele how they thought it was handled, and most thought it was the wrong decision (Hi AFC staff member stalking boards).

For the most part, the Club has been doing things either at a mediocre or poor level for a long time.
The Draper report (whether true or false) compounds onto the negativity. Some young recruits don't really do their research into clubs they can potentially land at, Curtin could barely name anyone at the Crows when asked who he was most looking forward to playing with when drafted. If their only exposure to the Crows was through media, you can see why 'bedwetters' might be acting this way. Some people are easily influenced by what is said on the media, and you can't expect every single person to do a thorough in-depth analysis into the inner workings of the Club (like we do).

We do have some bedwetters/melters, but I'd argue most (not all) of the negative opinions/comments about this club are justified over the years. If our goal is to become an elite club with high standards, I don't see enough evidence of it, as a whole, that we're trending in the right direction. I'd be disappointed if our Club was sitting back thinking they've done a good job over the years.

Note: During my rant I've said 'for the most part' or 'as a whole' because I can acknowledge some positives (Rankine & Dawson as recruits, promising youngsters in Thilthorpe, Rachele, Soligo, Michaelaney among others, winning Showdowns when not expected to - but that's a really really low bar), but as a whole, it's been an extremely disappointing 7 years.

Brett montgomery ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone who believes things like that have a bearing on the result are fools. Same with commentary around Ginnivan's post. All of a sudden a kid makes a post and your own side loses the ability to football? The opposition becomes superhuman? I've got some Amway to sell you.

What Rachele did was build some drama into a Showdown that was fast losing it's 'it' factor. It's a rivalry built on dislike and disdain, you lose that then you lose relevance. He did it...but in a LIKEABLE way. The Port fans were playing into the joke too. So spare me the pious crap. He wasn't disrespectful, it was a joke.

More than that, he is a kid having fun. Hawthorn this year, and Collingwood last year, showed us how much better teams can be when they have fun.

But no, we want to beat the fun out of him. We want to drag him out in front of media to publically admit he is soft (which is now a tag he can't shake) and send senior players to tell him off for having fun.

Ginnivan and Watson get people to the game because of their antics. Rachele could've been this for us - but no, we have to sit him down because he annoyed our biggest rival.

Crows may well say they didnt like it because he defied their rule - but the rule was stupid because our coaches have no idea how important the mental side is to performance.

oh, and noone cares about local footy. That was a totally irrelevant statement.

Great post.

Even Ollie Wines pointing to his teeth after the game added to the entertainment of the showdown.

And after all, this is an entertainment business so entertain me, don't bore me with your authoritarian coaching/leadership group tactics and clean cut, zero personality approach. It's boring and doesn't attract fans or players to the club.

Great post.

Even Ollie Wines pointing to his teeth after the game added to the entertainment of the showdown.

And after all, this is an entertainment business so entertain me, don't bore me with your authoritarian coaching/leadership group tactics and clean cut, zero personality approach. It's boring and doesn't attract fans or players to the club.
Its not about that at all.

He kicked a goal and went directly to the oppo fans and gave it to them. It was needless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because I've added nothing... there's a random twitter fella who reckons we're into someone that hasn't been picked up by the media. Wednesday is a likely day that we'll hear about this if it indeed, isn't shite

Strong link with someone who hasn't been mentioned. More to come on Wednesday.

Did anything come of this?

Its not about that at all.

He kicked a goal and went directly to the oppo fans and gave it to them. It was needless.
Shit, it was funny though!

Anyone who believes things like that have a bearing on the result are fools. Same with commentary around Ginnivan's post. All of a sudden a kid makes a post and your own side loses the ability to football? The opposition becomes superhuman? I've got some Amway to sell you.

What Rachele did was build some drama into a Showdown that was fast losing it's 'it' factor. It's a rivalry built on dislike and disdain, you lose that then you lose relevance. He did it...but in a LIKEABLE way. The Port fans were playing into the joke too. So spare me the pious crap. He wasn't disrespectful, it was a joke.

More than that, he is a kid having fun. Hawthorn this year, and Collingwood last year, showed us how much better teams can be when they have fun.

But no, we want to beat the fun out of him. We want to drag him out in front of media to publically admit he is soft (which is now a tag he can't shake) and send senior players to tell him off for having fun.

Ginnivan and Watson get people to the game because of their antics. Rachele could've been this for us - but no, we have to sit him down because he annoyed our biggest rival.

Crows may well say they didnt like it because he defied their rule - but the rule was stupid because our coaches have no idea how important the mental side is to performance.

oh, and noone cares about local footy. That was a totally irrelevant statement.
Tell me youve never played footy without telling me youve never played footy.

Now that we've secured Cumming can anyone explain to me where he fits in our team and what he's good at?

7 games this year, basically no highlights videos, can't even find any draft videos from back in 2016, dropped mark late in their last attacking play this year. What's the thinking?

Now that we've secured Cumming can anyone explain to me where he fits in our team and what he's good at?

7 games this year, basically no highlights videos, can't even find any draft videos from back in 2016, dropped mark late in their last attacking play this year. What's the thinking?
Quick, strong and kicks the ball well.

Injury issues the last 18 months but if that gets sorted he's a starting 18 player for sure

Tell me youve never played footy without telling me youve never played footy.

Tell me you've not played footy since 2000 without telling me you've not played footy since 2000.

Also nice casual ableism (and I daresay your sexism).

Most of us would have played footy so cut the crap and stay on topic.

Big, quick, defensively-inclined winger. Will be an important cog in our back-half ball movement and, if we persist with the down-the-line stuff, help us with aerial control. Assuming Burgess can sort out the soft tissue injuries, Cumming should be a really good addition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back