Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 27
  • Rumor of interest in Brandan Parfitt (link)

Last edited:
Its all about depth. The very best sides have midfield depth coming out of their backsides. It creates a juggling act in terms of selection but you can never have enoygh AFL quality midfielders.
Thats valid but 1 in 1 out doesnt change that

The win for a Berry move is ( hopefully) another 2nd-3rd round pick

I've decided this morning I'm ok with the body of the bird. The top half is the ****ing shitshow part. I also feel like the Adelaide writing is very basketballish.

I'd still vote to bin the whole thing and start again.

Agree. I like this version in the logo thread. Little bit less white between the stripes and change the head and and feet a little. Winner.

1727396755248.png

Agree. I like this version in the logo thread. Little bit less white between the stripes and change the head and and feet a little. Winner.

View attachment 2123298
It still looks like a year 11 graphic design assignment

(B+, a bit confused, you need to decide if you want parallel lines or not, and if you want curves or sharp corners. I think you have tried to refer to the SA coastline, but it will be lost to most viewers because of the 90 degree tilt. Should the eye be coloured?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2123298

This is good if our objective is to emulate aeroplane designs from the 1980s.

I was hoping for a total rework to find something more this millennium...the world has discovered 7D cinema and we can't even find a third in our new logo design.

So port may have an uphill battle to trade their f1 for Lukosius. How about this trade then😉

Houston to St Kilda
Crows pick 4 to Port
Phillipou to Crows

Or it could be

Houston + pick 4 to saints
Phillipou to crows
Pick 8 + f2 to Port

Saints getting reamed here but surprised posters are disliking the idea. If we can get a gun mid more advanced in their development for Pick 4 we absolutely should (ie Phillipou, Callaghan).

Won’t happen, but it’s definitely the best-case scenario to address our midfield woes.

Have an actual rumour for this thread. Heard we have spoken to Parfitt's management. Apparently we like his fit with our desired age profile + versatility. Issue being list spots and would need to do a medical. First time I've heard any info from this fella but he would have known Brandan in his North Adelaide days.

Would make sense given our reported interest in the past and his SA connection. Don't hate the idea but would probably mean no Peatling if it happened.

Do our coaches see ANB, Cumming and hopefully Peatling as replacements for under-performing mature-agers who lack leadership
No ....that's why we chased them

Did you put any thought into the post ....don't answer that

Have an actual rumour for this thread. Heard we have spoken to Parfitt's management. Apparently we like his fit with our desired age profile + versatility. Issue being list spots and would need to do a medical. First time I've heard any info from this fella but he would have known Brandan in his North Adelaide days.

Would make sense given our reported interest in the past and his SA connection. Don't hate the idea but would probably mean no Peatling if it happened.
In theory he would be a good addition, but as someone said earlier Geelong dont usually delist guys that are any good to them.

Might have been a general enquiry .....if you watched Parfitt this year, he wasn't in the greatest shape .....maybe a lack of commitment was behind his delisting

In his current frame of mind ....a firm no for me

A couple of years ago I would have been on board but not now. Ex- Cats players rarely improve at new clubs, and he can’t get a game even in Geelongs weak midfield.

Purely as depth, if we had lost spots, ok. But we don’t.

Imagine being 7 years into a rebuild, finishing bottom 4 and not being sure if you can pick up players because of list spots. Hilarious.

Might have been a general enquiry .....if you watched Parfitt this year, he wasn't in the greatest shape .....maybe a lack of commitment was behind his delisting

In his current frame of mind ....a firm no for me

What's the difference between a general enquiry and showing interest?

Surely you don't enquire if you don't have at least some interest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back