Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 27
  • Rumor of interest in Brandan Parfitt (link)

Last edited:
Might have been a general enquiry .....if you watched Parfitt this year, he wasn't in the greatest shape .....maybe a lack of commitment was behind his delisting

In his current frame of mind ....a firm no for me

Yeah, I have no idea how strong our enquiries were, just that we have apparently spoken and have shown some interest.

Might have been a general enquiry .....if you watched Parfitt this year, he wasn't in the greatest shape .....maybe a lack of commitment was behind his delisting

In his current frame of mind ....a firm no for me
How do you know what his current frame of mind is?

You’ll think they’ll get 2 end of first round picks for cumming and Perryman .

100%. It would be one of these, or Gold Coasts end of 1st I'd be targeting to Pick up Dodson if he's still on the board. I know Twomey has him at 26 in the latest Phantom, but I think he'll go somewhere in the 15-20 range...

If we could get that deal in before the draft that would be even better. If he's off the board by then we'd still be looking at a very good selection..

What's the difference between a general enquiry and showing interest?

Surely you don't enquire if you don't have at least some interest?
You're simply asking about a guy's future intentions, issues he may have had this year, motivations .....that's not showing interest, until there's a reason to be interested

Happens continuously in this industry .....how many 2024 draftees do you think we've spoken too ?

So port may have an uphill battle to trade their f1 for Lukosius. How about this trade then😉

Houston to St Kilda
Crows pick 4 to Port
Phillipou to Crows

Or it could be

Houston + pick 4 to saints
Phillipou to crows
Pick 8 + f2 to Port

Houston ain't worth that much, some posters on here posing pie in the sky value for him. He's a glorified HB, dime a dozen

How do you know what his current frame of mind is?
You only had to watch him .....same as Lachie Hunter, who joined MELB last year in terrific condition, career best ....this year, as the season progressed he was puffy & out of shape, ala Bulldogs condition

It doesn't take too much to work out his frame of mind .....suddenly retires now at 29

Have an actual rumour for this thread. Heard we have spoken to Parfitt's management. Apparently we like his fit with our desired age profile + versatility. Issue being list spots and would need to do a medical. First time I've heard any info from this fella but he would have known Brandan in his North Adelaide days.

Would make sense given our reported interest in the past and his SA connection. Don't hate the idea but would probably mean no Peatling if it happened.

It really should be a warning to players at teams like the Cats, who seem to be able to rope players into taking 1 year contracts instead of fielding better offers. Parfitt DEFINITELY had better long term offers on the table, and I believe we were one of the interested parties a few years ago. Turns out you can be quickly left on the sh!t pile at the Cats...

I've always wondered whether player managers are a bit too cosy with the Geelong recruiters, never seem to be many trade rumour floating out of there...

Houston ain't worth that much, some posters on here posing pie in the sky value for him. He's a glorified HB, dime a dozen
Nah, Houston's PORTS best decision maker with ball in hand ....and an elite kick to hit those targets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I have no idea how strong our enquiries were, just that we have apparently spoken and have shown some interest.

It doesn't sound like it's particularly strong if we're coming in with statements such as "depends on list spots". If you genuinely want a guy, you'll delist someone.

Yeah i just don't reckon he's worth the equiv of a Top 3 pick, as per prev posters scenario...

I think his worth, taking into account his age and playing in an otherwise largelu unaccountable position, is 10-15
It all comes down to how much a Club needs a General Off HB .....COLL definitely ....CARL not sure if they have an urgent need .....NORTH would be weird, considering how far away from Finals they are

I agree, I wouldn't be coughing up a top 5 selection in this Draft ....but Clubs in the Premiership Window do weird things

It all comes down to how much a Club needs a General Off HB .....COLL definitely ....CARL not sure if they have an urgent need .....NORTH would be weird, considering how far away from Finals they are

I agree, I wouldn't be coughing up a top 5 selection in this Draft ....but Clubs in the Premiership Window do weird things

Clubs in the Premiership window don't have a Top 5 pick! (aside from Melbourne, but i see them falling off a cliff next year)

Have an actual rumour for this thread. Heard we have spoken to Parfitt's management. Apparently we like his fit with our desired age profile + versatility. Issue being list spots and would need to do a medical. First time I've heard any info from this fella but he would have known Brandan in his North Adelaide days.

Would make sense given our reported interest in the past and his SA connection. Don't hate the idea but would probably mean no Peatling if it happened.

I know we chased him couple of years ago, so your mail could be right

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back