Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 29
  • Rumor suggests we are into James Peatling with some unknown factor that could work in our favour
  • Rumor suggests we will make a senior assistant coach announcement this week which isn't Brett Montgomery (link)
  • Forum rumor suggests Elliott Himmelberg will do a medical with GWS (link)

Last edited:
I must have missed those calls .....I've only seen his good calls ....I've always found him to be quite astute
I think he's like most, some hits, some misses. Just pointing out he's no God at it.

IMO, if Port get a few injuries and depending which players, they'll be in trouble. If they have a run similar to this year, they should at least play finals.

But also depends on who jumps up from bottom part of the ladder.

Another interesting one with Port, if you reverse every clubs match result this year that was 6 points or less and give the win to the other team, Port came 12th instead of 2nd.

Other teams bobbled around a little bit but they free fell.

I think he's like most, some hits, some misses. Just pointing out he's no God at it.

IMO, if Port get a few injuries and depending which players, they'll be in trouble. If they have a run similar to this year, they should at least play finals.

But also depends on who jumps up from bottom part of the ladder.

Another interesting one with Port, if you reverse every clubs match result this year that was 6 points or less and give the win to the other team, Port came 12th instead of 2nd.

Other teams bobbled around a little bit but they free fell.
I'm not an emotional type, quite analytical .....I'd be backing the Crows to finish higher than Port

I said at the start of this year, we should play Finals ....no reason to believe that's not a real target in 2025

I'm not an emotional type, quite analytical .....I'd be backing the Crows to finish higher than Port

I said at the start of this year, we should play Finals ....no reason to believe that's not a real target in 2025
It should be our target, especially with the easy draw we'll get, otherwise Nicks will most certainly be out of a job

Speaks volumes that even with an easier draw, I'm not confident we make it at all

It should be our target, especially with the easy draw we'll get, otherwise Nicks will most certainly be out of a job

Speaks volumes that even with an easier draw, I'm not confident we make it at all
But you voted to make the Finals at the start of 2024 ....strange logic, given Pedlar, Milera back ....Cumming & ANB in ....and continuous PS's for Worrell, Murray, and Thilthorpe

Taylor will be better, Curtin too, hopefully Soligo can run out a full game ......Nankervis ready to breakout IMO

If you're not excited about the prospects in 2025 .....I think it's time to check your Duffel coat in

But you voted to make the Finals at the start of 2024 ....strange logic, given Pedlar, Milera back ....Cumming & ANB in ....and continuous PS's for Worrell, Murray, and Thilthorpe

Taylor will be better, Curtin too, hopefully Soligo can run out a full game ......Nankervis ready to breakout IMO

If you're not excited about the prospects in 2025 .....I think it's time to check your Duffel coat in
That was before we saw our ball movement fall to pieces, right out of the gate. Not to mention preferring the selection of cooked Smith/Laird, as well as Murphy/Jones while both were having well below average seasons (and even giving Fumbleberry a key to the midfield late in the season)

I do think we'll be better next year (Thilthorpe and Rankine full seasons will help), but I'd be surprised if the rise up the ladder is significant. If we go back to an at least somewhat attacking gameplan, and prioritise playing the right players - great! But I'm not confident

We are coming from 15th with a dud coach.

And every club can nominate a bunch of players that should see improvement, that’s the problem with simplistic clapper opinions, no awareness we are in a competition where other clubs aren’t also aiming to improve.

I try to keep as central as I can. Nicks has his issues for sure, but I don't see everything being his fault as many do.

I also do know we are young and a lot of our improvement will come from players improving and maturing. Some think we're only going to improve if we bring new players in.

All of our young players have barely scratched the surface yet with learning the ropes of AFL, let alone turning into hardened, experienced teams like Brisbane etc.

The question is if our current setup, development, football dept etc has what it takes to get the high level out of these players and bring them on properly..

I try to keep as central as I can. Nicks has his issues for sure, but I don't see everything being his fault as many do.

I also do know we are young and a lot of our improvement will come from players improving and maturing. Some think we're only going to improve if we bring new players in.

All of our young players have barely scratched the surface yet with learning the ropes of AFL, let alone turning into hardened, experienced teams like Brisbane etc.

The question is if our current setup, development, football dept etc has what it takes to get the high level out of these players and bring them on properly..
Who is responsible for gameplan, selection and match ups?

That was before we saw our ball movement fall to pieces, right out of the gate. Not to mention preferring the selection of cooked Smith/Laird, as well as Murphy/Jones while both were having well below average seasons (and even giving Fumbleberry a key to the midfield late in the season)

I do think we'll be better next year (Thilthorpe and Rankine full seasons will help), but I'd be surprised if the rise up the ladder is significant. If we go back to an at least somewhat attacking gameplan, and prioritise playing the right players - great! But I'm not confident
You've said this a few times .....weren't we still up amongst the best FWD lines in 2024 ? ......that doesn't happen with slow ball movement

Our problem was losing too many CBA's ....and having to start attacks from HB, without a recognised QB-HBF

I think you're confusing gameplan with a weakness in our midfield .....Soligo was dead on his legs the last 6 games, Rankine suspended / injured .....Dawson plugging holes around the ground

You also forget, we went into experimental mode once Finals were out of contention

Who is responsible for gameplan, selection and match ups?
Read the part about he has his issues.
Many of them.

And the last part.
I'm no supporter of his.

Sometimes things get out of hand though and the coach gets blamed for global warming. It also doesn't help in the fight against him.

Also coach gets targeted, thrown out, rinse, repeat. We have issues deeper in the core than just churning coaches.

We honestly won't know that until next year

As astute judges say ....unless the team is giving effort, the gameplan is irrelevent

I'd say the same ...unless you have a reasonable injury run, and list depth ...you can't judge a gameplan

Losing CBA's and starting attacks off HB, is not part of the gameplan .....if you run with 3 talls up FWD, then speed of ball movement is essential

Ports list management woes started last year .....they're in for the quick fix, so they essentially took who was available

Now they're stuck with list cloggers on good money and long contracts

I agree with the boys here on SEN ....a very real possibility Port don't play Finals next year
LOL..we can make fun of them about things but their eagerness to try and improve their list you can't. We all know they invested heavily into their midfield and have essentially tried to trade in forwards and defenders to complete the list for a tilt at the flag. They finished 2nd after the minor round and made a prelim where they went down by 6 goals away having to play a cooked Dixon and missing their premier half backs and with a banged up Butters. Lukosius will come in and he will be better than any of their forwards they currently have. They may get Perryman who will help across half back. They are not far away and will get a decent return for shipping Houston that will allow them to both hit the draft in the 1st round this year and get Lukosius you would think.

Others might want to dig at them on their sometimes hit and sometimes miss recruitment, but they certainly get creative trying to improve their list which was a few injured players from a grand final. I hope that things don't work out for them..but it won't be for lack of trying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, both Johnson and Kornes ..... Froggy if you learn how to use google, you may find the reference

tenor.gif
How about when you make ridiculous claims you back it up.
Kinda hard to disprove something that’s not been said yeah?
So far you just run from any hard question.

Lets just wait and see the R1 2025 team first.

You've said this a few times .....weren't we still up amongst the best FWD lines in 2024 ? ......that doesn't happen with slow ball movement

Our problem was losing too many CBA's ....and having to start attacks from HB, without a recognised QB-HBF

I think you're confusing gameplan with a weakness in our midfield .....Soligo was dead on his legs the last 6 games, Rankine suspended / injured .....Dawson plugging holes around the ground

You also forget, we went into experimental mode once Finals were out of contention
Are you honestly trying to ignore that during our 0-4 you said “I didn’t expect our coach to go rogue bonkers and change our gameplan”.

We played better once he reverted back to our old gameplan and changed our vanilla midfield mix.

The level of bullshit you spin is concerning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back