Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong!!

Played plenty of midfield.

FIRST-ROUND draft prospect Daniel Curtin is looking to Fremantle legend Matthew Pavlich for inspiration as he prepares to begin his eagerly-anticipated AFL career.

Curtin grew up playing as a midfielder but has transformed into an exciting utility courtesy of a growth spurt that boosted his height to a key-position 195cm.

Pavlich, who stood at 192cm, was a six-time All-Australian, dominating as a full-back, goal-kicking midfielder and damaging key forward at different stages across a decorated career.

"I really like having that flexibility to be able to go to a few different positions," Curtin told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"Junior footy, I played a lot of midfield, but had a bit of a growth spurt around year 11 and turned into more of a key position.
You might want to tell the Crows

Q
It's a good call. I'm all for stretching our young players and seeing what they are capable of, but we're doing it in a way that risks (and in some cases already has) destroying the confidence of the player. Look at what we've done to Peds - his trajectory completely changed after that ridonculously bad decision to play him on Stewart.
Prior to the Geelong match

1) He returned to preseason in poor shape.

2) His training in the preseason was poor.

3) His performance in preseason matches was poor.

4) His performance in round one was poor.

Then his trajectory changed?

The decline in Pedlar this year has been very disappointing but I doubt that the decline was mainly due to one match.

Q

The decline in Pedlar this year has been very disappointing but I doubt that the decline was mainly due to one match.
Agree his start to the year wasn't what it could have been, but he looked a different player since that game. It defintely impacted him.

It goes to a broader point that instead of building our players up by playing them to their strengths and in positions they were recruited for, we insist on putting them in scenario's that give them least opportunity to succeed. And we then wonder why they don't go on to develop as we'd hoped.

Q

Yeah it just seems like he put a lot of effort in last year to have the season he had, and this year he got ahead of himself and didn't put the same amount of work in.

The reason i didn't like Max in the midfield was the week before he had just about 1 of his best games in defense. Against the Tigers he intercepted and provided a stack of run getting alot of the ball. Why change that against the top team to try the unknown of playing him in the midfield.
I have no problem if they see him a a future mid but wrong game to do it.
Don't hey normally use the excuse... oh we can't play them in that position because they haven't trained there in pre-season. Yet he does a hail mary and puts MM in the guts and Borlase fwd.

guy who posted is a bit of a flog. Seen a rumour of him wanting out of saints a few times in recent weeks. Probably the best we could currently get. Need to invest in a good young ruck though as he'll be cooked in 2 years I reckon... fills a need for now

Would be handy to have if we get Moyle who is, let’s face it, pretty raw. Give him a couple of seasons to bulk up and learn the trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No reason, just said he heard that it wasn't going to happen. Sounded pretty defeated when he mentioned it.

oh great :mad:..... just when I thought there was a chance that we might be turned into something like a competently run organisation. I've got a condition called 'age' .... now I really don't think I'll ever see another premiership in my time.

He explained, he received second hand information from past players at the Norwood Premiership Reunion, Balme was in attendance. Also said at this point Balme has not been reached out to.
Surely just a matter of AFC reaching out to Balme.

Club are complete idiots if they don't get Balme on board in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back