Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the legendary resource of Balme basically saying call me and I’d help and a bottom club says “no thanks”.

At the same time they send a members email pleading for support and saying trust us, we are doing everything possible to get better.

I wonder if Collingwood will have me back because this club is ****ed. It’s a soulless franchise run by a boys club who are shit at what they do and Roo can go and get ****ed.
What's that bit about Collingwood taking you back?

Imagine the legendary resource of Balme basically saying call me and I’d help and a bottom club says “no thanks”.

At the same time they send a members email pleading for support and saying trust us, we are doing everything possible to get better.

I wonder if Collingwood will have me back because this club is ****ed. It’s a soulless franchise run by a boys club who are shit at what they do and Roo can go and get ****ed.
I checked my emails again & didn't get this one. Guess they didn't like my frank answers from last time & rigging the reaults to only send out the answer friendly respondents.

Only the free kids tickets for GWS game, when I'm boycotting with my normal tickets.

Interesting they have gone the free tickets route to give the impression the crowd numbers are not dropping off.

Last edited:

They don't think there is a problem so they probably think they don't need to bring him in.
Can't fix a problem when you refuse to accept there is a problem.

Everyone is doing a ****ing awesome job & we are just unlucky to be in the bottom 4... again under the same coach.

It's looking very likely as someone who has attended since game 1 & member since year 2, I will be giving up my membership if there is no significant change.

They are giving me no good reason to maintain my ongoing financial support.

I used to be a Collingwood supporter before the Crows on the back of all the Norwood players there, I was never hard core though, it was always more Norwood and SANFL
Can you get them to take Burns back please.

I used to be a Collingwood supporter before the Crows on the back of all the Norwood players there, I was never hard core though, it was always more Norwood and SANFL
Yikes. Okay.

I'd barrack for West Coast as a second side. Respectable history, football state, not Victorian.

Its why when they rang me for the club raffle i said no thanks...until they get serious i won't be putting any more money their way

Its why when they rang me for the club raffle i said no thanks...until they get serious i won't be putting any more money their way
I would only buy the raffle if the prize was we got a choice of who to sack from the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't even bother to chase him, he was gettable. Would have easily been an upgrade on many of our regulars.
Nope always going to Carlton, that's where his family wanted him to be with his brother.

Nope always going to Carlton, that's where his family wanted him to be with his brother.
Why would they want him to go somewhere on a worse deal?

From memory you talked him down based on his VFL form last year. Likely we made the same wrong assessment and didn't target him.

You know the answer to that without asking...

His name is Oliver Hollands/family.
A 3 or even 2 year deal he's coming to us

No one in their right mind risks their own career just to be close to bro. Strange that M McGovern didn't head back home to be with Jezza? Almost as though Carlton offered him the best deal.

Desperation to excuse yet another blunder on our part

A 3 or even 2 year deal he's coming to us

No one in their right mind risks their own career just to be close to bro. Strange that M McGovern didn't head back home to be with Jezza? Almost as though Carlton offered him the best deal.

Desperation to excuse yet another blunder on our part
Bullshit, he had off field issues why do you think the Suns let him go without a fight...health/family come before $$$'s.

Bullshit, he had off field issues why do you think the Suns let him go without a fight...health/family come before $$$'s.
Yeah he looks a trainwreck

Very strange of the Suns to do something stupid

Probably nothing in it - but in the full version of that Dawson interview, the interviewer mentioned Balme and Daws said he doesnt think we need external people to come in and help. Passing on the club message? Its the very final question.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure there is any point bringing players into off field discussions, they aren’t going to pot the people that employ them. It’s clearly just what he’s been told to say by the media department. Players will back in a senior coach to the day they are sacked.

Not sure there is any point bringing players into off field discussions, they aren’t going to pot the people that employ them. It’s clearly just what he’s been told to say by the media department. Players will back in a senior coach to the day they are sacked.
Hasn't helped Rachele... ;)

So that’s AFC decision

Oh, for sure the AFC wasn't interested in getting him anyway, the last time we "chased" him was all for show to make it look like we were pursuing the best, because non-AFC people didn't understand we already had the best.

I'm just saying that's a good reason why Balme would knock us back anyway, and honestly despite his wealth of positive and external experience I think it's probably 5 years too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back