Game Day 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between his tips and the defensive comments about Ginni I wonder if he and Sam have had a bit of a reconciliation of sorts. He seems to be letting go of the hatchet towards our club of late.
I've noticed that too especially around the language, I think he has and will always have a soft spot for Hawks.

Eldest offspring works in one of the sports stores in Rundle Mall and has just messaged me to say that she's never seen so many Hawthorn fans about, and they were with me for the crows game.

Sounds like the Hawthorn Nation is out and about.

I reckon Finn gets a tagging job tonight. We're two pure inside mids short.

PA (6) - Wines, Drew, Rozee, JHF, Butters, Boak

HFC (4) - Worpel, Newcombe, Nash, Ward

That makes 5 with Finn plus Moore to rotate through.

Feel like Boak does most of his work on a wing these days, although he did almost single handedly keep Port in the game when he moved into the midfield after Wines was subbed out.

I do, we need to make him accountable.
Often he drifts forward and even goes behind the ball in time of need. So its important to clamp down on his influence.

I would go with Finn if he starts making too much of an impact.

Let Nashy take care of Butters to start with and then when he's subbed out halfway through the 2nd Qrt, get him to bury Rozee.

That’s….not a damning stat.

It’s a quirk of history.

Nothing more.
You’re probably right.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I reckon Finn gets a tagging job tonight. We're two pure inside mids short.

PA (6) - Wines, Drew, Rozee, JHF, Butters, Boak

HFC (4) - Worpel, Newcombe, Nash, Ward

That makes 5 with Finn plus Moore to rotate through.

Newcombe, Worpel, Nash, Ward, Meek were the only players last week to take more than 2 CBAs. Think it will be much the same unless injury makes Finn/Moore step in. They're the only others in the team who have taken any meaningful centre bounce minutes in the last couple months. And that's only in games which were blowouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixon yes.

I think even Butters going at 70% is a better option than the emergencies Port have listed. Their depth is poor.

Yep...no Butters means all that credibly stands in our way is an inconsistent JHF and a maligned and soft Rozee.

Paul Roos - "Port have got way more talent than Hawthorn, but Hawthorns system is way better than Ports. So this is a talent game versus a system game".

:think:

They've got an edge on big name mids. That's it...and it'd be way closer if we had our other, both being top ten mids in the comp.

Could be Roos' dumbest ever comment. Outside of JHF, Butters, and Georgiades they are completely talentless. They're lucky to be even playing this weekend and finals at all. In their last 6 weeks they just scraped past a severely undermanned carlton, richmond (10 pts at 3 qtr time), melbourne by 2 pts, only beat adelaide because they took out rankine, and beat a vfl swans side.

Hawks by 100

This really is the game of the unstoppable force (and do we look unstoppable) against the immovable object.

Kenny turns into prime Barassi in the coaches box when his career is on the line. Cockroaches having nothing on his ability to survive in a crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back